• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

part 2

grizindabox said:
CleanHOUSE said:
Yeah, do any of these guys look like they guys on USC? I don't see anyone like that, they all look like BigSky talent, good BigSky players but BigSky players

They don't have to look like the guys on USC to be a cut above physically. There is no one on the Griz close to Groves and the Griz guards are the least physical guys on the court. There is a reason that Aikens, Robertson, and Meadows are controlling the game.

Im not talking about being better than the Griz, Im talking about guys that are good enough to justify being slammed by 30pts because they are just too good. Groves isn't that impressive, seen him miss alot around the rim, not like he's tossing people around skying above others inside like a Joel Bolomboy

CleanHOUSE said:
grizindabox said:
They don't have to look like the guys on USC to be a cut above physically. There is no one on the Griz close to Groves and the Griz guards are the least physical guys on the court. There is a reason that Aikens, Robertson, and Meadows are controlling the game.

Im not talking about being better than the Griz, Im talking about guys that are good enough to justify being slammed by 30pts because they are just too good. Groves isn't that impressive, seen him miss alot around the rim, not like he's tossing people around skying above others inside like a Joel Bolomboy

I would say that EWU is better at every position on the floor and some are not close. They are more athletic, bigger, stronger. The last 2 games would prove they are 30 points better than UM

GrizLA said:
Sadly, this team is getting worse as the season goes on...no urgency, no communication, over coaching, poor shot selection after over passing.....I wonder if any of our players will be leaving after this year. This has to be disheartening to players who came from consistently dominating schools.

Word is a few CA players are considering leaving so I would not be surprised, maybe thats what the coaches want

Callithowiseeit said:
GrizLA said:
Sadly, this team is getting worse as the season goes on...no urgency, no communication, over coaching, poor shot selection after over passing.....I wonder if any of our players will be leaving after this year. This has to be disheartening to players who came from consistently dominating schools.

Word is a few CA players are considering leaving so I would not be surprised, maybe thats what the coaches want

I can see Henderson and Egun for sure. Would have to think on the others.

I see the refs are maintaining excellent [ :eek: ] work: 38 fouls called in 35 minutes. Way to go guys! :cry:

An evil, scary thought: Maybe Steadman was smarter than we thought and bailed before the beat-downs hit.

Well, the Griz handily won the second half. Sure, EWU started coasting, but it's good to see that our guys didn't just pack it in.

(Just kidding about Steadman, BTW ... I very much doubt that he's that smart. ;) )

IdaGriz01 said:
Well, the Griz handily won the second half. Sure, EWU started coasting, but it's good to see that our guys didn't just pack it in.

(Just kidding about Steadman, BTW ... I very much doubt that he's that smart. ;) )

One factor could be that EWU had their bench in the last 10 min.

[*]
grizindabox said:
IdaGriz01 said:
Total of 24 fouls called between the two teams (13 on the Griz). That's more than one a minute, in case you hadn't noticed. No wonder the half took so long.

Another terrible effort by the Griz, especially on the boards: out-rebounded 40 to 18.

Rebounding is 22-10 which isn't that surprising with the lack of size and poor shooting for the Griz.

I knew Steadman would be missed. I hope the team doesn't completely fall apart. Assume it won't, but who knows.

grizindabox said:
I am also going to add the Legans is the best recruiter in the BSC and it is not even close.
Unfortunately I agree. Idk how he does it. Maybe it’s because he’s a high energy guy and almost acts like he’s in college.

WATCH: Griz Hoops - Eastern Washington completes sweep of UM
https://skylinesportsmt.com/montana-griz-hoops-eastern-washington-completes-sweep-of-um/

https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/1363286486557229057

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TG60l9-oXI&feature=emb_title

AZGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:
Montana is just not good.

Nope. Came to this realization myself about two weeks ago. Wrap it up, and look forward to next year.

Correct. Made that post a few weeks ago, that this is rebuild year and the sooner we all realize that this team isn’t as good as some of our past teams and have a ways to go, the much more enjoyable they are to watch. Just not their year.

Back