• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Pacific Transfer Lafayette Dorsey

My guess his commitment caught someone by surprise. Seems rather peculiar to report an offer, take that offer and then reject it within a pretty short time period.

What a weird summer.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
I agree with this as well...for all his flash, Falls isn’t a 30+ min-a-game guy....

Falls averaged about 24/25 minutes per game at the end of the season. I looked at the last 7 games, including the last 5 in which he started. He averaged over 20 minutes for the season. I saw one earlier game in which he played 35 minutes.

Like I said, not a 30+ min a game guy...thanks for helping prove my point. :thumb:

He wasn't last year, when he started only 8 games and had perhaps the 2 best UM guard tandem in front of him and probably the best point control the game and distribute guy ever at UM. That doesn't mean he isn't a 30 minute guy, or won't be this year.

He didn't play more minutes because of the trio of Rorie, Oguine, and Pridgett. I recall that toward the end of the season, the offense was flat and very inconsistent. They were flat. Travis had a "come to Jesus" talk with Falls, and started him along with the other three guards, instead of Dorsey. At that point, it injected the energy into the team that had been stagnant, and playing down to the level of their competition. It was just what the team needed, and they rode that energy into the conference tournament and the Michigan game. Probably some of Travis' best coaching of the year. Falls also was specifically pointed out by the analysts in the Michigan game for his hustle and energy. I will admit that he gets a little out of control at times and can be erratic, but his defensive energy and his hustle when he's on the court was very apparent at the end of the year, and he's very valuable to the team. He gets under the other team's skin-like John Stockton used to. Going into this year, he'll be a key to our team's success. He was only a sophomore last year, and matured as player as the year went on. I look for him to grow even more this year as a player. He waited his turn to start, and I would say that he'll be team leader going into the season. A lot of new faces coming into this year, and those familiar with Travis' system will be invaluable to transitioning into the new season, without last year's veterans.
I think Griz fans are gonna see a more mature and focused Falls this season, but I certainly hope that kinetic energy is still part of his game. Go Griz!

rocklobster said:
He didn't play more minutes because of the trio of Rorie, Oguine, and Pridgett. I recall that toward the end of the season, the offense was flat and very inconsistent. They were flat. Travis had a "come to Jesus" talk with Falls, and started him along with the other three guards, instead of Dorsey. At that point, it injected the energy into the team that had been stagnant, and playing down to the level of their competition. It was just what the team needed, and they rode that energy into the conference tournament and the Michigan game. Probably some of Travis' best coaching of the year. Falls also was specifically pointed out by the analysts in the Michigan game for his hustle and energy. I will admit that he gets a little out of control at times and can be erratic, but his defensive energy and his hustle when he's on the court was very apparent at the end of the year, and he's very valuable to the team. He gets under the other team's skin-like John Stockton used to. Going into this year, he'll be a key to our team's success. He was only a sophomore last year, and matured as player as the year went on. I look for him to grow even more this year as a player. He waited his turn to start, and I would say that he'll be team leader going into the season. A lot of new faces coming into this year, and those familiar with Travis' system will be invaluable to transitioning into the new season, without last year's veterans.
I think Griz fans are gonna see a more mature and focused Falls this season, but I certainly hope that kinetic energy is still part of his game. Go Griz!

I sure hope you're right. That'll go a long ways towards determining how the season pans out.

While I know this is a thread on the single shortest verbal in Grizzly Basketball History Lafayette 'the frenchman' Dorsey, I thought I would chime in on Timmy Falls.

1. Timmy Falls is polarizing in the same way that Jason Williams was. He doesn't pass the traditionalist sniff test on first pass. He makes people uncomfortable because he seems to be more flash than substance, more smoke than fire. You either like his style or you don't.

2. I don't want to spend time in advanced analytics, but at one point last year he was our third or fourth most effective player offensively behind Pridgett, Akoh and Rorie. I had done a deep dive at one point early on in January, and Falls found ways to get things done despite the impression that he'd hadn't. He's not efficient at times, but regardless of that penchant for turnovers he more than pulled his weight all year. He's foul happy and a gambler on defense, but when you are super solid behind him you can afford him to jump passing lanes, be the agressor on picks and hedges.

3. I don't want a refined or restrained Timmy Falls. I don't think he's ever going to succeed in a system where you run a system offense. He might be the best pick and roll guard we have returning and is an elite zone breaker. yeah he might be truly a substandard perimeter shooter, but he has cutting skills and court vision that makes it difficult for teams to zone.

4. Early on in the year, I think you'd be hard pressed whether it is Egun or Vasquez or whomever else Travis might bring in, Timmy is going to get a ton of run. I'd be really interested to see what happens when he gets more touches. Pridgett might be the guy returning, but I think Falls might be the most essential for next seasons success.

Kid Knows the game better than any of these posters? Unless you are one of the 4-7 coaches there every day. Why the Hate??? Timmy, use this as fuel cause 95% of us got your back!! How this turned into this is beyond me? It’s not even a Timmy thread. Wtf... Someone’s son must have lost a scholly to Timmy? Just a guess. Play On Griz! :thumb:

If Falls brings his intensity every game so the coaches can count on him, skies the limit for the kid as is a starting spot.

Regardless, I think Vazquez nails down one of the spots come conference play.

Grizfan-24 said:
While I know this is a thread on the single shortest verbal in Grizzly Basketball History Lafayette 'the frenchman' Dorsey, I thought I would chime in on Timmy Falls.

1. Timmy Falls is polarizing in the same way that Jason Williams was. He doesn't pass the traditionalist sniff test on first pass. He makes people uncomfortable because he seems to be more flash than substance, more smoke than fire. You either like his style or you don't.

2. I don't want to spend time in advanced analytics, but at one point last year he was our third or fourth most effective player offensively behind Pridgett, Akoh and Rorie. I had done a deep dive at one point early on in January, and Falls found ways to get things done despite the impression that he'd hadn't. He's not efficient at times, but regardless of that penchant for turnovers he more than pulled his weight all year. He's foul happy and a gambler on defense, but when you are super solid behind him you can afford him to jump passing lanes, be the agressor on picks and hedges.

3. I don't want a refined or restrained Timmy Falls. I don't think he's ever going to succeed in a system where you run a system offense. He might be the best pick and roll guard we have returning and is an elite zone breaker. yeah he might be truly a substandard perimeter shooter, but he has cutting skills and court vision that makes it difficult for teams to zone.

4. Early on in the year, I think you'd be hard pressed whether it is Egun or Vasquez or whomever else Travis might bring in, Timmy is going to get a ton of run. I'd be really interested to see what happens when he gets more touches. Pridgett might be the guy returning, but I think Falls might be the most essential for next seasons success.

Excellent analysis. :thumb:

Its very interestimg to see the different views of timmy and his game and alot of you are much closer on a everyday basis then I am. when you are
20 years old you dont get to dictate the terms of how you have to grow and mature as a young man on
and off the court and sometimes you will have to fall down dust yourself off and get back up. As far as the basketball side of things timmy is a gym rat
and has always put the work in to get better on both ends of the floor and a locked in timmy falls
Is a very good basketball player as you all saw the last 5 games he moved into the starting lineup he was a DIFFERENCE MAKER he has a knack for making everyone on the floor valueable.Timmy is one of the best perimeter defenders who can reckonize and gaurd multiple actions that the other
Team is trying to run and he can see and adapt quicker then most.I have no doubt he will value the basketball and possesions and Do whatever the coaching staff ask of him. I am personally wishing him and the team all the best.GO Grizz

AllWeatherFan said:
Yes, very accurate and well-written summary, GF24!

TFalls’ defense is vastly underrated.

Yes and Timmy doesn't lead a fast break, he leads a faster break and lives rent free in the minds of opposing teams.

keena52 said:
Kid Knows the game better than any of these posters? Unless you are one of the 4-7 coaches there every day. Why the Hate??? Timmy, use this as fuel cause 95% of us got your back!! How this turned into this is beyond me? It’s not even a Timmy thread. Wtf... Someone’s son must have lost a scholly to Timmy? Just a guess. Play On Griz! :thumb:
Yeah, you're right. You can't have concerns about an aspect of a players game without it being some personal vendetta. :roll: :roll: :roll:

I love Timmy. Dude is an absolute game changer. There were so many games last year where the Griz just needed some kind of spark and it always seemed to be Timmy.

AZGrizFan said:
keena52 said:
Yeah, you're right. You can't have concerns about an aspect of a players game without it being some personal vendetta. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Yeah, quit being such an ass AZ....

grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:
keena52 said:

Yeah, quit being such an ass AZ....
:cool: :cool: :cool:

Latest posts

Back