• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

One of the Best Blog Writings on Griz

Bobby will get his 5 or 6 years. In fact, he will get as many years as he wants before he decides to retire. Bobby took this job as his swansong, not to parlay it into another chance at the Bigs. He intends this to be his last job in coaching. He WILL get the right players over the course of the next two years. He WILL return UM to prominence in the Big Sky. He WILL return the Griz to Dominance. And after all that he WILL leave Montana at a time of his choosing, not the Athletic Director's. The real question is does Griz Nation have the patience to let it come together.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
Hauck will have the Griz playing very well in year 3, and hopefully even next year. He doesn't need 5 years.

Even the current o-line roster will be good in year 3, hopefully year 2 too. I'm still hoping for end of year 1 for more improvement.

Stitt got moved on for multiple reasons, but as someone pointed out, he was improving the program, he was taking in down.

Haslam made a big mistake in hiring Stitt. I still don't know what he was thinking.

I don't agree the program was rudderless for the last 9 years, but I agree that frequent coaching turnover is a recipe for decline.

While I don't think this year's team is a strong team, I am still hoping they are pretty good and improving. I'm hoping the last 2 games were aberrations. A good team usually can't win with 4 or 5 turnovers, let alone a pretty good team.

I didn't think we'd beat UND, but I certainly didn't expect 3 turnovers in the first minutes, and being down 34-0 at halftime.

Bobby likes the team and their attitude and worth ethic. It's now one game at a time. Davis is good, but I still think the Griz can beat them. I thought UM could work beat NAU last year too.

There’s a lot of ‘hoping” in that post. As my boss says frequently, “hope is not a strategy”.

That being said, I actually agree with most of it. :D

I'm a fan. I was expressing my hopes. Others like coaches set the strategy.

..l agree Bobby needs time to develop a national respected team..but I'm not willing to lose to the Cats
another 3 more years...that my friends would be painful!

HookedonGriz said:
I have read in a long time. I wish GrizFan24 would post over here more often:

http://maroonbloodblog.com/2018/10/15/hitting-the-reset-button/

He's right! :clap:

Agree 1000 times over on this, best thing I have read from a poster on this site in years.

GRIZ fan since birth, GRIZ fan till the day I die.

In Bobby I do trust, but we need to give him time.

We are who I thought we would be this year but I will admit I started to drink the koolaid a little to much and like most Griz fans were hoping for that magical first year.

I will watch every Saturday no matter what and will look forward to partying it up with my 25,000 closest friends the final 2 home games. Come win or lose this team I will always cheer for.

Nothing really to add but just that it's a damn fine blog post and I totally agree. I think in most circles of the athletic department, boosters, and fans are on this same page. I don't recall anytime this summer or fall not hearing Bobby & staff talk about this process needing 3 years at the minimum. They're working to make sure the expectations for most fans is more long-term.

I think it's fine that people are upset about ugly losses, they happen, especially with what's being worked on with this team. I think the people that expected 1 or 2 losses and a deep playoff run and are already wanting changes need to take a deep breath, a step back, and give this more time.

can someone take the time to print this out at kinkos, hand out at the school, southgate mall, all the highschools, walmarts, and press box tonight :!: then fly over MT and drop this over every boosters hometown. This is right on :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

If and When this is Haucks team this would have and will happen, don't you forget that:

[media]https://youtu.be/tz_opg3JR3M[/media]

mtgrizzly said:
Agree 1000 times over on this, best thing I have read from a poster on this site in years.

Dude - words hurt. I certainly hope Brint doesn’t read your comments. :lol:

Grizfan-24 said:
A couple points that I would add because the Tennessee and Nebraska allusions are spot on.

1. Nebraska and Tennessee are worst case scenarios. I have been a Cornhusker fan since the early 90's when Gilman was TE there. I am not saying in any way that Bobby can't possibly right the ship in one, two or three years. Tennessee was a dumpster fire. The quasi-ironic thing at Nebraska is that Bohl's dismissal signified the beginning of the slide for Nebraska. Bohl's arrival at NDSU is what allowed them to supplant the UM as the premier FCS power. Small world.

2. I don't think any one person or group is to blame. There isn't a person who got shorted in the deal or should shoulder the largest amount of blame. There is a lot to be thrown around here. The fact is that sooner or later you have to have the patience for a coach to get it right. Something that Nebraska nor Tennessee have ever had. Sometimes you have to cut bait as Nebraska did with Anderson because it was clearly not going to work out.

--
I really appreciate the feedback.
GF24

Look at what Brian Kelly has done with Notre Dame if you want an example of what sustainability in a program looks like. They were everywhere after Willingham and Weis, but Kelly comes in, the program gives him time and he has been 16-2 in his last 18 games.

mtgrizzly said:

GRIZ fan since birth, GRIZ fan till the day I die.

In Bobby I do trust, but we need to give him time.

We are who I thought we would be this year but I will admit I started to drink the koolaid a little to much and like most Griz fans were hoping for that magical first year.

I will watch every Saturday no matter what and will look forward to partying it up with my 25,000 closest friends the final 2 home games. Come win or lose this team I will always cheer for.

+1

Back