• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Oh Little Brother...

I have never met a stranger in Bobcat gear who cares AT ALL that the Cats have lost 19 of 20 or whatever in basketball. They act like it’s weird that I care about basketball.

What I find odd is fans of a school that has lost 3 years in a row to the rival school, who refer to the rival school as little brother.

That doesn't apply to mens hoops, as MSU is not even on the hoops radar these days.

PlayerRep said:
What I find odd is fans of a school that has lost 3 years in a row to the rival school, who refer to the rival school as little brother.

That doesn't apply to mens hoops, as MSU is not even on the hoops radar these days.
Sorry to burst peoples bubbles. But I’m not so sure anybody in the world gives a lick about FCS football. Montana is the exception when it comes to this, not the norm.

PlayerRep said:

Man I had no idea our hoops team had lost to MSU 3 years in a row. That sucks! This is a basketball ball forum and not a football one. The tweet I shared also pertains to the MSU basketball program. So your reply makes zero sense.

HookedonGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

Man I had no idea our hoops team had lost to MSU 3 years in a row. That sucks! This is a basketball ball forum and not a football one. The tweet I shared also pertains to the MSU basketball program. So your reply makes zero sense.

What makes no sense is your nonsensical response.

The little brother stuff, and other frequent BS between the 2 schools, is largely for people who never played the game and don't understand it, in my view. But, feel free to carry on.

PlayerRep said:
HookedonGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

The little brother stuff, and other frequent BS between the 2 schools, is largely for people who never played the game and don't understand it, in my view. But, feel free to carry on.

What makes no sense to me is how someone could switch their allegiance back and forth between the two schools dependent solely on which football team was the most successful.

I would imagine this type of shallow fan support is largely for people who never attended either University and don't possess a deep understanding or appreciation of the rivalry.

Ursa Major said:
PlayerRep said:
HookedonGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

What makes no sense to me is how someone could switch their allegiance back and forth between the two schools dependent solely on which football team was the most successful.

I would imagine this type of shallow fan support is largely for people who never attended either University and don't possess a deep understanding or appreciation of the rivalry.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Whats the problem?
1414465-bigthumbnail.jpg

Ursa Major said:
PlayerRep said:
HookedonGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

I was a Griz football fan long before you were and have way stronger connections to Griz football than you do.

My dad played for the Griz. My wife and I have 3 relatives who played for the Griz. I attended my first Griz game in Missoula in the 50s. My wife’s
and my family have been large donors, in the aggregate. And still are.

Let’s hear your Griz football credentials. Other than a big empty mouths and lots of hot air. Let’s hear you call Cat football fans Little Brother.

Can’t wait for the silence, or perhaps hot air.

PlayerRep said:
Ursa Major said:
PlayerRep said:
HookedonGriz said:

I was a Griz football fan long before you were and have way stronger connections to Griz football than you do.

My dad played for the Griz. My wife and I have 3 relatives who played for the Griz. I attended my first Griz game in Missoula in the 50s. My wife’s

Let’s hear your Griz football credentials. Other than a big empty mouths and lots of hot air. Let’s hear you call Cat football fans Little Brother.

What was it like to be a cat fan in the 1980's?

Ursa Major said:
PlayerRep said:
Ursa Major said:
PlayerRep said:

What's it like to have never done anything of note to support a team you profess to be a fan of? No donations of note. No family members who played for the team. Didn't play yourself and don't understand the game. Not close to the program. Basically, just a bit of hot air. Including complaining about the cost of tickets. Complaining about the rival team which has just beaten your team 3 years in a row.

PlayerRep said:
Ursa Major said:
PlayerRep said:
Ursa Major said:

What's it like to have never done anything of note to support a team you profess to be a fan of? No donations of note. No family members who played for the team. Didn't play yourself and don't understand the game. Not close to the program. Basically, just a bit of hot air. Including complaining about the cost of tickets. Complaining about the rival team which has just beaten your team 3 years in a row.

Did you own a blue bobcat sweatshirt or a fancy bright yellow bobcat sweatshirt?

Ursa Major said:
PlayerRep said:
Ursa Major said:
PlayerRep said:

Did you own a blue bobcat sweatshirt or a fancy bright yellow bobcat sweatshirt?

Lived in Bozeman for junior high and high school, but never had any Cat gear. Culbertson Cowboys, Hawks, Dartmouth, Stanford, Griz.

Ever step on a football game except as a fan?

PlayerRep said:
Ursa Major said:
PlayerRep said:
Ursa Major said:

Lived in Bozeman for junior high and high school, but never had any Cat gear. Culbertson Cowboys, Hawks, Dartmouth, Stanford, Griz.

Surprising for such a huge cat fan in the 80’s!

Ursa Major said:
PlayerRep said:
Ursa Major said:
PlayerRep said:

Surprising for such a huge cat fan in the 80’s!

I moved away from Bozeman in the late 60s. Never lived there again. Never went to school there (MSU). My stepdad was a ME professor there. He liked pro football. I have always liked the Griz and the Cats, just like the Griz more. I usually root for Montana teams. Western, Carroll, whatever. Never had any Western or Carroll gear, tho.

Have you ever given anything to Griz football, other than buying tickets?

Ever provided any support, other than as a big mouth?

Ever played the game at any level?

Your silence is telling.

Back