• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ode to Football

Wilt AVERAGED 50 ppg (and 26 reb/gm) one year-61-62'. He lead the league in scoring 7 times and rebounding 12 yrs. NOBODY was more clearly "the most dominant basketball player" for so many years as Wilt. Jordan is the only legit argument,IMO. Curry has never been the "best basketball player in the world" at any point in his life, IMO. He's only lead the NBA in scoring once!!!

Zirg said:
citay said:
I know this Board is not about the Warriors. But maybe since it's so slow, you'll indulge my responses to Zirg and Rocklobster.

Zirg: I'm sensing a trick question! Okay, I'll bite. The greatest PLAYER in Warriors history would probably be either Wilt Chamberlain or Kevin Durant. You might ever consider Rick Barry.

But the greatest WARRIOR is indubitably, undeniably Steph Curry. No other Warrior has won three championships. No other Warrior has changed basketball like he has or been the face of the franchise like he has. Not to mention that last night my wife and I had a fabulous dinner at his wife Ayesha's restaurant, International Smoke. So for me this morning, it is all Steph Curry!

I love you citay, but I strongly disagree. Wilt played for the WARRIORS (even if it was before you followed them in their first of 5 hometowns) for 20 years. I never said he was on great teams. I contend he was individually the best player EVER in the NBA (let alone the Warriors) for the longest period in basketball history. Can you name all 5 Warriors hometowns without looking? I wouldn't have been able to without just researching it. Wilt took a different woman out to dinner every night for nearly 20 in a row years too (if one believes his claims) so he wins there too. ;)

https://missoulian.com/news/local/ncaa-places-um-football-program-on-probation-vacates-wins/article_051efb6a-f60f-11e2-8a0c-001a4bcf887a.html

Latest posts

Back