• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

"O Line" Wisdom

Really? Please name how any of the FBS schools you listed have a recruiting advantage over the other schools you listed?? How does Alabama have a recruiting advantage over Georgia, or Ohio State? your post is comical, if you attempt to suggest that Montana doesn't have a huge recruiting advantage over every other Big Sky team, which is NOT shared by the FBS schools you listed. But, thanks for playing! ROFL!
What's UM's advantage? Proximity to large recruiting states and areas? In an urban setting or close to a larger fun city? Good winter and late fall weather? Indoor practice facility? Proximity for parents/family to get to games from CA and AZ? Large airport, with affordable flights? Lots of People of Color? Few rednecks? Good hunting and fishing for the recruits from urban areas? Low out-of-state tuition? Cost of Living stipends? Huge NIL? Nearby beaches? Access to professional sports games?

Really? Please name how any of the FBS schools you listed have a recruiting advantage over the other schools you listed?? How does Alabama have a recruiting advantage over Georgia, or Ohio State? your post is comical, if you attempt to suggest that Montana doesn't have a huge recruiting advantage over every other Big Sky team, which is NOT shared by the FBS schools you listed. But, thanks for playing! ROFL!
Your direct quote: "If you can name a single FBS school who enjoys a similar recruiting advantage over Montana, please go on record now." Pretty sure all those schools have a recruiting advantage over Montana.

Your direct quote: "If you can name a single FBS school who enjoys a similar recruiting advantage over Montana, please go on record now." Pretty sure all those schools have a recruiting advantage over Montana.
Now, now, I'm sure most HS recruits would select Montana over any P5 scholarship opportunity. "Hey, Billy, Coach Hauck here. I see you have offers from USC, Texas, Alabama, Georgia, OSU, and Michigan, but this is the call you've been waiting for . . ."

Like I said. You WANT him to fail. You NEED him to fail.

And to say he has a larger "recruiting advantage" than Ohio State, Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Clemson, Georgia, Michigan, etc., etc. ,etc. is so fucking comical that you've completely jumped the shark.
John Robinson selected to College Football Hall of Fame.
USC Record 104-35-4
LA Rams Record 75-58
UNLV Record 28-42 and like Bobby one bowl win and last season had 2 wins.
UNLV has always been a difficult place to coach. Moving and playing at Allegiant Stadium has to help with recruiting. Amazing facility.
What's UM's advantage? Proximity to large recruiting states and areas? In an urban setting or close to a larger fun city? Good winter and late fall weather? Indoor practice facility? Proximity for parents/family to get to games from CA and AZ? Large airport, with affordable flights? Lots of People of Color? Few rednecks? Good hunting and fishing for the recruits from urban areas? Low out-of-state tuition? Cost of Living stipends? Huge NIL? Nearby beaches? Access to professional sports games?
I heard that UM does have a legendary baseball player from back in the day.

I am not going to get in a pissing match with anyone on this site.There is no reason to do it and in my opinion it's childish on all sides. You all could do better.

I am not going to get in a pissing match with anyone on this site.There is no reason to do it and in my opinion it's childish on all sides. You all could do better.
I generally agree, and I put him on ignore. I don't know how long you have been following, but third does this every few months, at least, and sometimes comes back with a changes username. "Growler" was the first I have seen.

You're right, people should be childish and get in pissing matches. But the tone of the board has been in a really respectful place. There is one person who comes in here, yells that we are all idiots who can't talk football, ignores people ACTUALLY trying to talk football with him, attacks women with sexism, attacks some people with racism (he and his buddy used to like to tell a poster here that he only got into college because he played his "red card" on his application, by being native). There are other people here with some other stories that blow my mind with why anyone would think it is okay. He is the definition of someone who cranks up the heat and then screams that it is too hot in here. Or the kid who is mean and sneaky on the playground, then wonders why nobody wants to play with him. There is a lot of ill will that goes back decades, I have learned since I joined, but man, I've tried hard to be reasonable with that dude. He just won't do it.

But, overall, you're right, and the ignore button is there for a reason. I'm learning to use it. 😂

You look more desperate and obtuse with each spin-job. Everyone can read, and they know you are treading water to save from drowning

That's Ok. Wink Wink. Save yourself from the dain brammage. These guys would be laughed off an FBS board

I generally agree, and I put him on ignore. I don't know how long you have been following, but third does this every few months, at least, and sometimes comes back with a changes username. "Growler" was the first I have seen.

You're right, people should be childish and get in pissing matches. But the tone of the board has been in a really respectful place. There is one person who comes in here, yells that we are all idiots who can't talk football, ignores people ACTUALLY trying to talk football with him, attacks women with sexism, attacks some people with racism (he and his buddy used to like to tell a poster here that he only got into college because he played his "red card" on his application, by being native). There are other people here with some other stories that blow my mind with why anyone would think it is okay. He is the definition of someone who cranks up the heat and then screams that it is too hot in here. Or the kid who is mean and sneaky on the playground, then wonders why nobody wants to play with him. There is a lot of ill will that goes back decades, I have learned since I joined, but man, I've tried hard to be reasonable with that dude. He just won't do it.

But, overall, you're right, and the ignore button is there for a reason. I'm learning to use it. 😂
Save your bloviating. This guy played FBS Power 5 football. He isn't buying what you're selling. I'll leave it at that.

For someone who allegedly put me on ignore, I sure spend lots of time living in your head.

Now, now, I'm sure most HS recruits would select Montana over any P5 scholarship opportunity. "Hey, Billy, Coach Hauck here. I see you have offers from USC, Texas, Alabama, Georgia, OSU, and Michigan, but this is the call you've been waiting for . . ."
Nice try. Desperate and laughable, but as always, thanks for playing an showing how obtuse you are. I just love that word, and it applies to quite a few on here.

Ha Ha Ha. Says the teacher who has never made a valid football post in his life. Put me on ignore. I urge you to do so. But you know you won't, because you know I am one of the few objective posters on egriz
Since you are only on here to talk football I will try again on this one.

You stated; "Every coach worth his jock-strap knows how important the O-line is. And every Griz fan who understands football knows that our lack of solid O-line play during Hauck 2.0 has been a constant. Once again, this ain't about Hauck-hating......... it's just about being a fact that can not be ignored."

I am still wondering: "Is it your position that we made it to the National Championship Game without solid o-line play, which you state is a constant under Hauck 2.0?

If this is the case; do you think quality oline play is over valued? Or do you think that with a decent oline we would have won the game? "

Luck. We had the HUGE advantage of buying all three home playoff games. You won't admit it, but we were lucky to win both the Furman and the NSDU games. Furthermore, if we had played either game away, both would have been losses. Hauck's away playoff record is 2-9. He lives by the HUGE home field advantage he enjoys almost every season. You won't admit it, I get that. But those of us who are honest, understand it.

Our 2024 is so freakin' easy that Bobby will coast to another 3 home playoff games, after which he will live-up to his "big game Bob" moniker and lose big once again when he has to play on a neutral field. It gets old, but obviously it is good enough for you and your buddies. Hauck is a below-average FCS head coach. Nothing more. Let me ask you an honest question....... if Bobby is so good a coach, would he be successful as the head coach at Idaho State, or Northern Colorado, or Portland State?
And you are trying to tell us that NDSU and SDSU didn't have great success because of home field advantage???? That is what it is all about. You win ... you get to keep playing at home. Now, please, go away.

Since you are only on here to talk football I will try again on this one.

You stated; "Every coach worth his jock-strap knows how important the O-line is. And every Griz fan who understands football knows that our lack of solid O-line play during Hauck 2.0 has been a constant. Once again, this ain't about Hauck-hating......... it's just about being a fact that can not be ignored."

I am still wondering: "Is it your position that we made it to the National Championship Game without solid o-line play, which you state is a constant under Hauck 2.0?

If this is the case; do you think quality oline play is over valued? Or do you think that with a decent oline we would have won the game? "
....... crickets? I'm trying to talk football, I am looking for your insight. You seem a fellow of strong opinions and if there are facts that can't be ignored, let's hear them. If Hauck's constant lack of a solid o-line still got us to the Natty, would we have won with a better o-line? Or is o-line play over rated and any team, even one coached by Hauck that lacks a solid o-line, good enough to be second in the country?

Back