• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

not out-coached

grizpack said:
Diesel said:
I’m sure JLM and Bingham(hope his injury isn’t as bad as it looked) will take care of the ball better
Hope coaches put Lee in short run situations
Trying to understand how Defense gives up 350+ yards and 3 TDs in the air and D-Line cannot get pressure without blitzing and blitzing isn’t working (second half had glimpses of hope for Defense)
Hope pass coverage returns next week against Sac St

I didn't get to see the game. What happened to Bingham?

In catching a first down pass in the flat, he was spun around when being tackled, lost the ball as he went down, stayed down, and seemed to hurt his shoulder.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
argh! said:
hope you didn't read my comment as praising the coaching. don't think their in-game effort resulted in the loss, though.

Coaching staff made two mistakes on the same play.

A) should have taken the points and gone for the FG
B) Once they decide not to do THAT, should have called literally ANY other play than the one they did

Hauck doesn't agree with you on A, nor do I. I agree with you on B.

"We knew we were going to go for it on fourth down and we didn't get it," Hauck said after the game on his mindset on going for it. "Basically, I thought we would need more than those three points to win the game and that was right in hindsight."

So he was omnipotent about the punt return? :lol:

He said that he believed UM would need more than 3 points to win the game. As it turned out, he was right. Had UM taken the FG and lost by 1 or so, people would be criticizing his decision to take the 3 and not go for it.

GrizLA said:
So much praise for the coaching staff that just lost a game they should have won. Had this coach been Stitt, he'd be castigated for days and fired. The two coaches resembled each other today.

Not in Stitt's first year. After his third year of us consistently seeing his teams underperform we didn't give him the same latitude he got in year one.
If Hauck's teams don't improve year after year he will be treated to the same criticism that Stitt got.
I truly believe that this team will respond and continue to play hard all season. Hopefully we will have enough healthy o-line players to end the season with a winning record.
And beat the Scats, of course.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
Coaching staff made two mistakes on the same play.

A) should have taken the points and gone for the FG
B) Once they decide not to do THAT, should have called literally ANY other play than the one they did

Hauck doesn't agree with you on A, nor do I. I agree with you on B.

"We knew we were going to go for it on fourth down and we didn't get it," Hauck said after the game on his mindset on going for it. "Basically, I thought we would need more than those three points to win the game and that was right in hindsight."

So he was omnipotent about the punt return? :lol:

He said that he believed UM would need more than 3 points to win the game. As it turned out, he was right. Had UM taken the FG and lost by 1 or so, people would be criticizing his decision to take the 3 and not go for it.

Actually, I’m fine with him going for it. I’m NOT fine about the play call. It’s been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt we can NOT get a yard with that play. Time to draw up something different.

When you are facing a Goal line defense, (Goal line double blood), (Goal line Pinch). You better have Bigger Horses,or Work the 6 or 7 hole with a fullback lead. Basically Block down,kick out. also, fellas, Shit happens in this Game... Go Griz

PlayerRep said:
grizpack said:
Diesel said:
I’m sure JLM and Bingham(hope his injury isn’t as bad as it looked) will take care of the ball better
Hope coaches put Lee in short run situations
Trying to understand how Defense gives up 350+ yards and 3 TDs in the air and D-Line cannot get pressure without blitzing and blitzing isn’t working (second half had glimpses of hope for Defense)
Hope pass coverage returns next week against Sac St

I didn't get to see the game. What happened to Bingham?

In catching a first down pass in the flat, he was spun around when being tackled, lost the ball as he went down, stayed down, and seemed to hurt his shoulder.

Sideline shot showed him without pads and arm wrapped up in the 2nd qtr too. Curran and Meyer bounced back fast from their injuries, hopefully the same for Bingham.

Back