• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Nicholas

717s7e said:
Billy Reader played in 12 games as a redshirt freshman at UM, transferred to juco College of Southern Idaho (20.6 points average), then transferred to Morehead State in the Ohio Valley Conference (Kentucky). He averaged 7.5 points as a senior and 4.8 rebounds. He then played European pro ball with the Leicester Riders in England. As I recall, he had academic issues here.

Thank you for educating me (us) instead of, mostly, erroneously speculation (ie:Wiley). Wow, I had no idea Reader rebounded to another D1 school after Juco-ing it. So Nicholas is, perhaps, the 2nd Griz to ever Juco post-Griz, and I would suspect will end up at a D1 program again if he can stay eligible, and Juco's make it VERY EASY to stay eligible.

flatheadgriz406 said:
Not sure what his eligibility would be in this situation.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/_fahlip_/status/989641388026458120[/tweet]

Would be transfer sit I'd assume.

Looks like he's going to Stephen F. Austin. Hope he does well down there, that's a very good mid-major BB program!

AZGrizFan said:
I can not IMAGINE spending 3 or 4 years in Nagadoches. Ugh.

Not a bad place...some people consider it the western South. It is in an historical area. Not a typical Texas town. SFA is a good choice for those who want to stay in the Piney Woods of Texas and thousands do. But, heat and humidity is probably worse than most places.

GrizWhiz said:
PlayerRep said:
Maybe he can learn to play defense next year.
A little snarky don't you think? :? I wish Karl well at his new home. He was a lot of fun to watch!

Snark or true statement I liked him too, and wish he had stayed, and he will be missed, but the word was that his playing time went to zero because his defense was not up to par for what the coach wanted.

GrizLA said:
AZGrizFan said:

Not a bad place...some people consider it the western South. It is in an historical area. Not a typical Texas town. SFA is a good choice for those who want to stay in the Piney Woods of Texas and thousands do. But, heat and humidity is probably worse than most places.

I like Nagadoches. Spent time there in the old, because one of our QB's, and the one in my class, was from there. His first name was Bill. His accent was so strong that we thought his first name was Neal.

Spent a lot of time in the old days at the Texas homes of some of our other players too: Snyder, Mule Shoe, Mcallin, San Antonio.

PlayerRep said:
GrizWhiz said:
PlayerRep said:
A little snarky don't you think? :? I wish Karl well at his new home. He was a lot of fun to watch!

Snark or true statement I liked him too, and wish he had stayed, and he will be missed, but the word was that his playing time went to zero because his defense was not up to par for what the coach wanted.

Karl is a great athlete with tremendous potential. What he could have been at UM will be missed. But he whined about every call against him, and was a pouter. If you watched him on the bench the last few games, he separated himself from the team, did not join in time out huddles. If his attitude was obvious to me as a fan, it was obvious to his teammates and coaches. There is no "I" in team, especially on a Travis team. Good by Karl, good luck. We are movin' on.

PlayerRep said:
GrizLA said:
AZGrizFan said:

I like Nagadoches. Spent time there in the old, because one of our QB's, and the one in my class, was from there. His first name was Bill. His accent was so strong that we thought his first name was Neal.

Spent a lot of time in the old days at the Texas homes of some of our other players too: Snyder, Mule Shoe, Mcallin, San Antonio.

Best thing about Nacagdoches? It’s not Beaumont. :x

maroonandsilver said:
PlayerRep said:
GrizWhiz said:
PlayerRep said:

Karl is a great athlete with tremendous potential. What he could have been at UM will be missed. But he whined about every call against him, and was a pouter. If you watched him on the bench the last few games, he separated himself from the team, did not join in time out huddles. If his attitude was obvious to me as a fan, it was obvious to his teammates and coaches. There is no "I" in team, especially on a Travis team. Good by Karl, good luck. We are movin' on.

He definitely had potential but his attitude showed he might not have been the best ingredient in a future Griz team. Good for someone else to deal with that and we’ll be better off with team first players.

Karl received a waiver from the NCAA and is playing this year. http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4278623/karl-nicholas

Back