• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New Verbal QB- Robbie Patterson IV, Saddleback JC

Paytonlives said:
It’s not a hoax. The follow up tweets from all the Saddleback coaches are proof enough.

He visited the weekend of the EWU game, so don't think it's a hoax. It's an odd one for sure though given he isn't playing football this year and no one seems to know why.

On Sirmon, the Griz are after his little brother, Class of 2021, but he's listed as the No. 9 Dual Threat QB in his class so FCS might not be the level he's looking at either.

A little update:
Still dont know why Patterson DNP in 2019.

However the Saddleback starter in 2019 was Chance Nolan who ended upp with multiple offers and will be at Oregon State next fall.

My guess is either:
Nolan won the job from Patterson.
or
Patterson was injured.
Though I havent found either yet.

Either way He is a good QB and I believe will have 3 to play 3.

looks to be the real deal,,,opens up l/b or safety for Graves and fills in the chronological time frame desired for Brown an Rostad to compete.....pretty tactical and well thought out move imo...

George Ferguson said:
Paytonlives said:
It’s not a hoax. The follow up tweets from all the Saddleback coaches are proof enough.

He visited the weekend of the EWU game, so don't think it's a hoax. It's an odd one for sure though given he isn't playing football this year and no one seems to know why.

On Sirmon, the Griz are after his little brother, Class of 2021, but he's listed as the No. 9 Dual Threat QB in his class so FCS might not be the level he's looking at either.

The 2021 QB that the Griz are after is Camden Sirmon, who is Jacob’s cousin not his brother. Camden is the younger brother of our starting center Cy Sirmon. Camden is a very nice young man and a high quality dual threat QB. He was on a visit a few games back although with his bro playing he’s here all the time anyway.

I'm still holding out for Sirmon. Eason hasn't been very consistent in his only year as a starter. It would be smart for him to play another year

kyle_sample said:
I'm still holding out for Sirmon. Eason hasn't been very consistent in his only year as a starter. It would be smart for him to play another year

I’m still hopeful too!

kyle_sample said:

Yeah I don’t think this addition doesn’t necessarily mean we can’t add someone like Sirmon if the opportunity is there. And I agree on Eason that he should stay but that is the word he’s been telling people around him. He thinks pretty highly of himself.

dayday said:
kyle_sample said:

Yeah I don’t think this addition doesn’t necessarily mean we can’t add someone like Sirmon if the opportunity is there. And I agree on Eason that he should stay but that is the word he’s been telling people around him. He thinks pretty highly of himself.

For sure. There is always an opportunity to have someone transfer out anyway, so who's to say Cam or Brown won't want to go somewhere? Worst case, this is depth.

Paytonlives said:
A little update:
Still dont know why Patterson DNP in 2019.

However the Saddleback starter in 2019 was Chance Nolan who ended upp with multiple offers and will be at Oregon State next fall.

My guess is either:
Nolan won the job from Patterson.
or
Patterson was injured.
Though I havent found either yet.

Either way He is a good QB and I believe will have 3 to play 3.

Whether by choice or injury, he will have 3 to play 3. If by choice to sit out 2019, he played it smart if he was not the starter, as he will have 3 to play for UM rather than 2.

I expect that he could enroll for Winter Semester and be able to participate in winter conditioning and Spring Drills.

Looks like he took Saddleback to the Patriotic Bowl his freshman year with a win and is a medical red shirt with 3 years to go

dayday said:
Paytonlives said:
go4two said:
Holy crap, plays a lot like Sneed. Good accurate arm and fast.

Looks good to me! Welcome Robbie!

Agreed... What does this mean for Rostad and Graves...

LB? S? DE?

Means nothing for Rostad. Graves may move but they were bringing in a transfer regardless.

Rostad will not play QB.

fanofzoo said:
dayday said:
Paytonlives said:
go4two said:
Holy crap, plays a lot like Sneed. Good accurate arm and fast.

Looks good to me! Welcome Robbie!

LB? S? DE?

Means nothing for Rostad. Graves may move but they were bringing in a transfer regardless.

Rostad will not play QB.

You keep stating that like its a known fact.

AZGrizFan said:
fanofzoo said:
dayday said:
Paytonlives said:

LB? S? DE?

Rostad will not play QB.

Not fact just my two cents. Both he and Graves are outstanding athletes and will play, I think the kid from kittie land (Brown) will be in the hunt. OK saw Rostad play some this fall and he was good but not that good. But like I said just my two cents and what the hell do I know.

fanofzoo said:
AZGrizFan said:
fanofzoo said:
dayday said:

Rostad will not play QB.

Not fact just my two cents. Both he and Graves are outstanding athletes and will play, I think the kid from kittie land (Brown) will be in the hunt. OK saw Rostad play some this fall and he was good but not that good. But like I said just my two cents and what the hell do I know.

Well I don't know what you know. Did you ever play the game? :cool: :cool:

AZGrizFan said:
fanofzoo said:
AZGrizFan said:
fanofzoo said:
Rostad will not play QB.

Well I don't know what you know. Did you ever play the game? :cool: :cool:

:cool: :cool: :cool:

According to Missoulian. He still wearing a brace and rehabbing. Playing spring is not decided. Seems more and more likely Cam will be starter game 1.

On paper, Patterson looks like a good one. But the test is on the field, and we will just have to wait and see.

QB Chance Nolan was offered and commited to Middle Tennessee State out of HS where he red-shirted.. He then transfered and quarterbacked Sadleback JC this past season (QB Patterson was injured an did not play). Nolan had a terrific year, and was offered by UMASS, Temple. Utah and Oregon State.

The Griz wanted Nolan as well, but Oregon State pulled the trigger on him, and Nolan signed with the Beavers during on the early signing day in Dec.

The Griz then took Patterson.

Back