• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New Uniforms

Loved the silver helmets...not sure why they made the pants darker if you're already making the helmets silver (Not really a complaint).

However, the venting on the back where the nameplate would go looked pretty weird.

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing uniform numbers on top of the shoulder pad.

Overall I liked these "simple" and "classic" uniforms a lot.

Boy, people sure like to find something to nit-pick or complain about! Must be the times we live in. Although I know my opinion really doesn't mean anything, I love the new look. I didn't get to see the game in person, so I am curious about the color. In some of the pictures the new unis look more red than maroon. Is this true? I really like the simple design, and I love the silver helmets so we can actually see the "Griz" decal. Bringing it back to '01!
Go Griz

MTGRZ said:
Boy, people sure like to find something to nit-pick or complain about! Must be the times we live in. Although I know my opinion really doesn't mean anything, I love the new look. I didn't get to see the game in person, so I am curious about the color. In some of the pictures the new unis look more red than maroon. Is this true? I really like the simple design, and I love the silver helmets so we can actually see the "Griz" decal. Bringing it back to '01!
Go Griz

Was lucky enough to be at the game and no, they didn't look very red at all. A nice traditional look, though I have nothing against new tweeks, but the History teacher in me wants us to always remember where we came from.

SaskGriz said:
MTGRZ said:
Go Griz

Was lucky enough to be at the game and no, they didn't look very red at all. A nice traditional look, though I have nothing against new tweeks, but the History teacher in me wants us to always remember where we came from.

I liked em. My old man kept saying he wished the helmets and pants were darker. Said the light color makes em look like pushovers. Old coot. :lol:

I feel like these jerseys missed the mark in trying to resemble the old early 2000's look. I love the true silver helmet, but the jerseys are far too basic. The Montana on the front is way too small and the jerseys look cheap. I know this is being really nit-picky, but Ive been pretty disappointed with Nike's home jerseys the past few years.

Look at the Nike Elite catalog. Those jerseys are anything but cheap.
And the jersey's the Griz wore the last three years were the same ones pretty much every one of Nike's FBS teams was/is wearing.

I don't worry very much about the uniforms (except for those God-awful Halloween costumes a few years back). I DO care about the people wearing whatever the uniform may be.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Kyle_Sample1/status/783355772826636288[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Kyle_Sample1/status/783356049067614208[/tweet]

Sounds like these new unis are anything but cheap. State of the art.

Love to see the old colors, but that will never happen... unless the university wants to make extra money; but they never do that!

rocklobster said:
Love to see the old colors, but that will never happen... unless the university wants to make extra money; but they never do that!
These ARE the old colors.

In the Big Sky Breakdown, Stitt had mentioned they wanted to go back to the older style Montana jerseys. He says that they look really clean.

Back