• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New Three-Year contract for DeCuire announced

dbackjon said:
WaGriz4life said:
ilovethecats said:
HookedonGriz said:
The big one was “he keeps anything above and beyond the 86k minimum the university needs” for any big money games. I like that one and if scheduled right could be a big $ bonus.

I thought that too. Anyone know roughly what the going rate is these days? How much do you get for playing a team like UCLA or Kentucky?
Last year we earned $195,000. So Travis would have got a $109,000 bonus last year. Plus all the other incentives for winning the big sky and tournament.

Wouldn't the 86K be per money game?
No. 86K is what the School needs each season to pay the bills. The rest goes to Travis, which I’m sure his assistants will get a taste too.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
I wonder if there’s any shred of regret after seeing the contract TexasTech coach Beard signed today.

It's not all abut money. Don't ever underestimate the factor of strong support on the school's message board.

Ha.

I don't think it's right for you to be using "Ha".

I learned it from some guy here. Ha.

HookedonGriz said:
ilovethecats said:
HookedonGriz said:
Proud Griz Man said:
I like the "pay for performance" philosophy. :clap: :clap: IMHO It is too bad that these published incentive amounts are so "modest".

The big one was “he keeps anything above and beyond the 86k minimum the university needs” for any big money games. I like that one and if scheduled right could be a big $ bonus.

I thought that too. Anyone know roughly what the going rate is these days? How much do you get for playing a team like UCLA or Kentucky?

I seem to recall when UCLA canceled due to the fires that was around $80,000.. at least that’s the number in my head

I thought UCLA refused to pay us the $85,000 (or re-schedule) which I still think is BS.

''uCLA agreed to pay Montana $85,000 by April 1 for playing the game, according to the game contract signed on Jan. 4, 2017, and obtained by 406mtsports.com via a public records request. However, a clause in the contract nullifies that payment if the game is canceled because of "acts of God" or "fires," among other reasons. But, that clause may not apply since it appears UCLA cited public safety concerns for canceling the game — "concerns stemming from area wildfires" — not an actual fire or act of God.'

Back