• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

new scoreboard?

From the Kaimin...
The screen that will be handling the replays during Saturday’s game will only give fans a preview of what they can expect. That is because the screen is only a loaner from Dattronics while the main one UM purchased is moved from New York City to Missoula.

“The only difference in the screen will be the size,” UM Athletic Director Wayne Hogan said. “It is a little bit smaller than the one that will be permanently installed, but it has all the video capabilities.”

Hogan had hoped to have the permanent replay screen installed by the first home game, but delays in bringing the screen to Missoula stalled the process. Officials had trouble obtaining permits to remove the screen, which was hanging in Central Park in New York City.

All the people walking below made it difficult to bring in machinery to take the screen down, Hogan said.

Griz fans will probably have to wait until Homecoming for the main screen to finally be installed.

“In a perfect world, it could be installed and ready to go by the second game,” Hogan said. “More than likely though, it won’t be ready until the third game. But it will be up by then.”

There is a semi truck with Sports Link Big Screen Video parked right outside the stadium carrying the temporary screen for the first couple games. Should hopefully be installed before saturdays game.

That Kaiman article looks like it was taken verbatim right out of the Missoulian from last week.

Hammer left this link on another Griz Board... pics of the new board going up. They also showed this on KECI TV last night, the thing is frickin HUGE!

Oh My God, think I've died and gone to heaven!

http://web.montanagrizzlies.com/umgriz/album/FMPro?-DB=Album_Topics.FP5&-Format=subtopics.htm&-error=no_subtopics.htm&RecordType=Album&TopicID=134&switch=ON&-Token=Washington-Grizzly%20Stadium%20Scoreboard%20Project&-Sortfield=forced_sort_value&-SortOrder=ascend&-sortfield=subtopic&-sortorder=ascend&-Max=All&-find

No wonder they had to put the advertisers on the side of the old scoreboard--it is a giant screen and w/out the advertisers the scoreboard would have looked like a munchkin! Also the fact that the advertisers are a BIG reason the jumbotron is here in the first place.
Question though--will it be a 'scoreboard' or for replay, videos and such like the temporary was being used for? Also--does anyone know if they got the bugs out of the scoreboard from last game? I knew the board was broke but I repeatedly found myself looking over for down info, where on the field etc.
Too bad those south end zoners won't be seeing the action on that MONSTER. A 528" screen! Yes we have all died and gone to a great Griz heaven!! :p

Well, guess im the one who called it a "scoreboard" first. It will be used like the temp. one was. Not really as a scoreboard. opps! :oops: Man this thing really is a monster huh? Thanks for the link GrizAddicted.
Here I go speaking of unfounded facts agian. I 've heard they are thinking of airing away games on the screen. That would be sweet. I guess it depends on how many people would show up. Wash-Griz sports bar?
It's here, it's up. Lets hope all goes well with the electronics. They just have to plug it in right?

Heck if you don't have tickets you could just go somewhere that you can watch the the Big Video Screen atop the scoreboard. I don't think you will need to go to the "L" to do that.

Back