• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New Roster Additions

Yukon said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Once again, seems like quite the leap.
I agree. What if Welnel wants someone else to have it? We have zero info.

Really? That jersey number is a ticket to NIL$. Why on earth would someone take a pass? Just doesn't make sense to me. But, maybe I am a selfish SOB. :)

HookedonGriz said:
Some good and intriguing additions.

That Camden Ver Strate from Washington was a hell of an athlete and fast as hell. I could see him making some impact.

I love that we got Barnum’s kid too! I believe he was playing baseball at Wash St. Good football player who we had been recruiting before his baseball commitment.

And word on the street is that Walker from Nebraska is an absolute monster

Walker here…beast mode

https://twitter.com/shaunrainey/status/1556743434433544192?s=21&t=__ohER5eqMdZWD3fn95vcw

Is Welnel even on a full scholarship yet? I've heard he's been passed over quite a few times when it was time to award scholarships.

wbtfg said:
Is Welnel even on a full scholarship yet? I've heard he's been passed over quite a few times when it was time to award scholarships.

What difference would it make? Has nothing to do with the best football tradition in the state of Montana.

SoldierGriz said:
wbtfg said:

What difference would it make? Has nothing to do with the best football tradition in the state of Montana.

I'm just wondering if he continues to get screwed over and have the #37 jersey stripped. The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if Bobby wants to keep the legacy number in the family.

wbtfg said:
SoldierGriz said:

I'm just wondering if he continues to get screwed over and have the #37 jersey stripped. The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if Bobby wants to keep the legacy number in the family.

That would be a dick move if he did that.

Griz til I die said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I think I must be way out of the loop. Why would he be stripped of #37? Did something happen?
No, nothing happened with Welnel. He’s definitely deserving of wearing 37. Just think about it for a minute why this may be the case. It’s not like there’s other guys on this defense who also feel like they may be worthy of wearing it themselves.

Can you just say what you’re thinking? I’m horrible at puzzles.

CDAGRIZ said:
Griz til I die said:
No, nothing happened with Welnel. He’s definitely deserving of wearing 37. Just think about it for a minute why this may be the case. It’s not like there’s other guys on this defense who also feel like they may be worthy of wearing it themselves.

Can you just say what you’re thinking? I’m horrible at puzzles.

He is suggesting that Bobby wants it to be handed to Robbie.

Griz til I die said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Once again, seems like quite the leap.
Ok then. What kind of conclusion do you draw from that then?

The only thing I would assume would be an injury to a #37 selected player that was going to keep them out for an extended time. Would you want the #37 on the field during the season. That is the only conclusion I could even remotely try and make up :? Again, I have zero inside info on this particular topic and sure as heck hope nobody is injured.
Thinking back, has there ever been a situation where a player wore #37 but was going to miss the upcoming season or any part of it? I would hope a player isn't stripped of the gesture but if they are selected for it and want it to go to someone else at their choosing, that would make more sense to me.

Yukon said:
wbtfg said:

Looking back, it doesn't look like gogriz.com did an announcement on the #37. Jace Lewis announced it on social media and local media ran with it. Also, I don't see any quotes from Bobby in any of those stories.

What I have heard is they are just waiting until the Great Griz Encounter to do a ceremony. That comment is just Bobby being Bobby and is really a big nothing burger.

Brother Bear said:
Griz til I die said:
Ok then. What kind of conclusion do you draw from that then?

The only thing I would assume would be an injury to a #37 selected player that was going to keep them out for an extended time. Would you want the #37 on the field during the season. That is the only conclusion I could even remotely try and make up :? Again, I have zero inside info on this particular topic and sure as heck hope nobody is injured.
Thinking back, has there ever been a situation where a player wore #37 but was going to miss the upcoming season or any part of it? I would hope a player isn't stripped of the gesture but if they are selected for it and want it to go to someone else at their choosing, that would make more sense to me.

Ciche Pitcher

wbtfg said:
Yukon said:

Looking back, it doesn't look like gogriz.com did an announcement on the #37. Jace Lewis announced it on social media and local media ran with it. Also, I don't see any quotes from Bobby in any of those stories.

Griz football posted these

https://twitter.com/khansen406/status/1556748034125561859?s=21&t=__ohER5eqMdZWD3fn95vcw

HelenaHandBasket said:
What I have heard is they are just waiting until the Great Griz Encounter to do a ceremony. That comment is just Bobby being Bobby and is really a big nothing burger.

This makes the most sense. Bobby creating controversy? Never. 😂😂

HookedonGriz said:
wbtfg said:

Griz football posted these

https://twitter.com/khansen406/status/1556748034125561859?s=21&t=__ohER5eqMdZWD3fn95vcw
:thumb:

Griz til I die said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Sorry I didn’t just come out and say it CDA. I just didn’t wanna get into a pissing match with anybody.

No worries, man. I just didn’t know what people were talking about, and I’m basically Michael Scott when it comes to that.

CDAGRIZ said:
Griz til I die said:
Sorry I didn’t just come out and say it CDA. I just didn’t wanna get into a pissing match with anybody.

No worries, man. I just didn’t know what people were talking about, and I’m basically Michael Scott when it comes to that.

You think you're clueless? I didn't get the Michael Scott reference and had to look it up. Sigh.

Back