• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New Commit-Jack Wetzel Prolific Prep

sacstateman said:
Grizfan-24 said:
Couple of observations about Wetzel:

He's a class of 2020 kid. Graduated last year and played for Prolific as a part of their extra-year program this year. He played for Golden State Prep and to be honest there isn't a ton of information about how he did. Much of their statistics for this year are found behind some pay walls and frankly I wasn't digging all that deep.

He was getting looks from a few mid-major programs while still in Iowa but it appeared his recruitment took a hit when he moved to Napa. The best I can gather he moved to increase his profile and for reasons unbeknown to me (inconsistent playing time maybe) he didn't garner many offers as a class of 2020 kid.

Would be interesting to hear what happened with his prior recruitment because it just seems like the film suggests that he would have gotten a few offers from mid major programs.
Perhaps 25 was a bit of an exaggeration as I was only able to find one box score of 25+ while he was at Prolific, but the box scores are available with a little digging. A documentary about his team is also on Overtime for last year while Jalen Green was still there. Also found one of his AAU accomplishments.

https://twitter.com/thegrindsession/status/1195883858668986368?s=20

https://twitter.com/TjRushing/status/1117262623903494144?s=20

I didn't want to dampen your enthusiasm but this info is correct....Golden State Prep is a post grad school that is a separate entity and not part of Prolific Prep even though they share parts of their training and facilities ( https://www.prolificprep.org/gsp )....I don't have any info on Wetzel...Would love to know where UMFan12 got the info that he was dropping 25+ for Prolific Prep....could you post a link? Anyone dropping 25+ for Prolific Prep should be a P5 recruit easily, so if Wetzel was doing this, you not only have a steal but you probably have a possible one and done candidate...

Definitley played for Prolific hell there is a documentary following their season. Very odd there is not more interest in the kid.

Mavman said:
Definitley played for Prolific hell there is a documentary following their season. Very odd there is not more interest in the kid.

Possibly because there have been no news stories or other public confirmations of these signings. And nothing from our coaching staff, which may be locked up in a secret location under heavy guard from the NCAA lest they say anything in a dead period.

But I'm excited. Two things we need--size and shooting. And with these three--Braggs, Wetzel and Soloman--we have our third consecutive outstanding recruiting class. Future be bright.

His recruiting path was a weird one for sure. Was one of the best players in Iowa’s class of 2020, visited Wisconsin, Utah State, Colorado State, and North Dakota State mostly on official visits, yet goes to Prolific Prep. From there, his interest dropped off a cliff from what I can find. As a shooter of his caliber, it’s pretty easy to find good looks playing alongside 2 of the best players in the country like he did at Prolific last year. This year, his interest again picked up but not to the same extent he had out of H.S. Very talented shooter though, that is for sure. Will be interesting to see how he pans out. Have no clue what to expect as I see mixed signals everywhere.

mtgrizrule said:
I wonder, if he's related to the Wetzels from Corvallis?
Or the Helena Wetzels, who the patriarch was the one responsible for the Washington Redskin logo, as the image bearer.

Latest posts

Back