• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New 2014 Commit

Colin McGillivray is a 6'7" 278 lber from Oregon. I've dug up a little dirt on him and even though he wasn't highly touted, I think he's got what it takes to make it. If he wasn't givin' Scarver's schollie, then he was probably offered a partial or at least one next year. His Lincoln high school squad finished with a 2-8 record at the 6-A level. On a team that was not very good, he earned 2nd team all league selection at his left tackle spot while not allowing a single sack in 324 pass attempts. Only a couple of other teamates got recognition with three others getting league honors and one of those earning HM state honors. He was a three year letterman and two year starter. He was captain of his Fr team, JV team as a So, and the O line captain his Sr year. He attended three camps the summer before his Sr year. Two here in Montana at both 1-AA colleges and the Nike Elite camp. At the Nike camp he received recognition as one of the top lineman at the camp. At UM's camp he loved the instruction he was givin by Gragg and said he felt inspired by Delaney. At MSU's camp, someone at Bobcat Nation wrote about him being able to start right away at a mid teir BSC school. He also has attended the Barton Football Academy three years in a row. They produced Ndamukong Suh along with former Griz Jon Opperud and Matt Lipski. He has also done a year of personal Training with Alex Linnenkohl, a former Oregon State standout and Chicago Bear draft pick and current Offensive line coach with NW Elite Training. He also competed in the shot put with his best score being 36'6" which is not a great score. He should deffenetly red shirt but is a smart player with a drive to learn how to be great. Hopefully he will develop nicely.

Grizguyjj said:
Last I heard he's going to walk on...Least its something.

He'll probable have a scholarship waiting for him when he shows up. Sounds like a good 'get,' and says all the right things.

Holy Christ Griz fans.....don't you think the bar is set pretty low in recruiting when you get all giddy over a 6'7" 280 l.b. OL that only gets 2nd team all district....not all State!!! Whatever he brings to Missoula in ain't going to be DOLA :mrgreen: A kid that size should pancake half his opponents....AND then he throws the shot a whole 36 feet!!!!! Ha-ha....must have arms like pool cues :mrgreen: Hell....even Jean Gee or Janet Donahue could toss it that far!!! Loren Utterback threw it over 50 feet and he was only 200 l.b.s
Face it guys....UM is the only offer he had....my, my, how times have changed...it wasn't that long ago that the Griz could recruit with the Pac 10 schools...now it's more like the Frontier :lol:

Teton Cat said:
Holy Christ Griz fans.....don't you think the bar is set pretty low in recruiting when you get all giddy over a 6'7" 280 l.b. OL that only gets 2nd team all district....not all State!!! Whatever he brings to Missoula in ain't going to be DOLA :mrgreen: A kid that size should pancake half his opponents....AND then he throws the shot a whole 36 feet!!!!! Ha-ha....must have arms like pool cues :mrgreen: Hell....even Jean Gee or Janet Donahue could toss it that far!!! Loren Utterback threw it over 50 feet and he was only 200 l.b.s
Face it guys....UM is the only offer he had....my, my, how times have changed...it wasn't that long ago that the Griz could recruit with the Pac 10 schools...now it's more like the Frontier :lol:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't your program fucking suck?

Teton Cat said:
Hey just cuz you guys have health problems doesn't mean you need to rage bro...we're all from Montana so why can't you just F*** off. :ugeek:

Teton Cat said:
Kind of reminds me of Cameron on that show "Modern Family" :p

Good call. It's cool because we have video evidence of both the kid and the guy from the show, so we can make the comparison!

CDAGRIZ said:
Teton Cat said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't your program fucking suck?

No, you would be correct, sir.

alabamagrizzly said:
Colin McGillivray is a 6'7" 278 lber from Oregon. I've dug up a little dirt on him and even though he wasn't highly touted, I think he's got what it takes to make it. If he wasn't givin' Scarver's schollie, then he was probably offered a partial or at least one next year. His Lincoln high school squad finished with a 2-8 record at the 6-A level. On a team that was not very good, he earned 2nd team all league selection at his left tackle spot while not allowing a single sack in 324 pass attempts. Only a couple of other teamates got recognition with three others getting league honors and one of those earning HM state honors. He was a three year letterman and two year starter. He was captain of his Fr team, JV team as a So, and the O line captain his Sr year. He attended three camps the summer before his Sr year. Two here in Montana at both 1-AA colleges and the Nike Elite camp. At the Nike camp he received recognition as one of the top lineman at the camp. At UM's camp he loved the instruction he was givin by Gragg and said he felt inspired by Delaney. At MSU's camp, someone at Bobcat Nation wrote about him being able to start right away at a mid teir BSC school. He also has attended the Barton Football Academy three years in a row. They produced Ndamukong Suh along with former Griz Jon Opperud and Matt Lipski. He has also done a year of personal Training with Alex Linnenkohl, a former Oregon State standout and Chicago Bear draft pick and current Offensive line coach with NW Elite Training. He also competed in the shot put with his best score being 36'6" which is not a great score. He should deffenetly red shirt but is a smart player with a drive to learn how to be great. Hopefully he will develop nicely.

That's a common theme.

IntuitiveGriz said:
alabamagrizzly said:

That's a common theme.
Not possible. He's old, decrepid, senile and can't hardly poop without assistance.

AZGrizFan said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
alabamagrizzly said:

That's a common theme.
Not possible. He's old, decrepid, senile and can't hardly poop without assistance.

Two words....adult diaper

WyomingGrizFan said:
Is there any news on this guy, yet? Greyshirt? Anything?
He is enrolled at the U according to the directory. As far as his football status, I can't say.

http://www.umt.edu/directory/home/search?full_name=Colin+McGillivray&search=Search&student=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts

Back