• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

"NCAA faces calls to ban trans athletes from competing in women's sports after NAIA's decision"

Cool, so the trans athlete gets 1st place and the others get a DNF, including the one who would've won the race otherwise. Not seeing how this is an improvement to the sport unless the only goal here is to publicly ostracize someone.
The point is that the trans runner is going to win either way. See the video of first heat in Oregon. The trans runner beat everyone by about 5 seconds.

Cool, so the trans athlete gets 1st place and the others get a DNF, including the one who would've won the race otherwise. Not seeing how this is an improvement to the sport unless the only goal here is to publicly ostracize someone.
Nope Walk across the line together... Something needs to end this shit

I didn’t see it posted here but then I may have missed it.
My two cents- a long time ago in a competition far far away, Russia was dominating womens track. Seems the intl Olympic committee started doing some research. Found lots/some instances of transgender women, formerly male, were dominating women’s events. From the perch on Mount Olympus the decree was very simple- xy was a male and xx was a female. I don’t remember where the anomalies like xxy or xyy or any of the other chromosomal variants fit in the grand scheme of things but “that’s how it was” in the Olympics.

I didn’t see it posted here but then I may have missed it.
My two cents- a long time ago in a competition far far away, Russia was dominating womens track. Seems the intl Olympic committee started doing some research. Found lots/some instances of transgender women, formerly male, were dominating women’s events. From the perch on Mount Olympus the decree was very simple- xy was a male and xx was a female. I don’t remember where the anomalies like xxy or xyy or any of the other chromosomal variants fit in the grand scheme of things but “that’s how it was” in the Olympics.
Not that it probably matters but I think you might be getting the East German doping program mixed up with something else. I don't think there were Soviet athletes who were found to be transgendered.

Yep, in East Germany you were forced to dope as an Olympic athlete regardless of gender or whether you wanted to or even knew about it. But being publicly trans or any flavor of LGBT in the USSR would've been a death sentence, the only case where an athlete did that was Andreas Krieger in 1997 several years after the Iron Curtain fell.

The latest guidance for the Olympics as far as I can tell is that you cannot compete if you have gone through male puberty. The previous guidance was based on testosterone level and that led to several cis female athletes getting the boot even though they were not trying to transition or anything. This stuff is hard to regulate.

Last edited:
It is so hard to watch this situation and understand that there can be equal parts kindness and respect for sports. Big conversations could be had. There are solutions out there, even if imperfect. But the truth is that the amount of transgender athletes is incredibly low. That number also pales in proportion to the amount of conversation around it. I am happy that I have seen some very kind and thoughtful conversations about it here on Egriz, and I would really just want to remind everyone that it is really great to be kind to each other.

There are solutions. I don't know which solutions are the right ones, but societies find them through the awkward process of trying things, discarding what doesn't work, and moving forward with what does. Sports leagues at all levels are finding them. And this is REALLY not something that anyone needs to hate anyone over. It is going to be okay, even if many of us have big feelings on either side. As much as we all care about sports, and they can be important, anyone dealing with these issues is already dealing with more than just sports..

It is so hard to watch this situation and understand that there can be equal parts kindness and respect for sports. Big conversations could be had. There are solutions out there, even if imperfect. But the truth is that the amount of transgender athletes is incredibly low. That number also pales in proportion to the amount of conversation around it. I am happy that I have seen some very kind and thoughtful conversations about it here on Egriz, and I would really just want to remind everyone that it is really great to be kind to each other.

There are solutions. I don't know which solutions are the right ones, but societies find them through the awkward process of trying things, discarding what doesn't work, and moving forward with what does. Sports leagues at all levels are finding them. And this is REALLY not something that anyone needs to hate anyone over. It is going to be okay, even if many of us have big feelings on either side. As much as we all care about sports, and they can be important, anyone dealing with these issues is already dealing with more than just sports..
If only the solution was as honest and eloquent as your post.

Back