• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Nate Dick to Rocky

G-BEARS said:
HookedonGriz said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:
Can't blame him for wanting some playing time. Looks like Jensen is going to be around for a while so that's good at least, little shaky at qb depth now as I'm not sure Hill can get it done if called on.

Hauck offered a former QB of his at unlv who played a bit as a RS Freshman and then transferred to JUCO for this past season. Was a 3-star coming out of high school. Has I beleive 2 years remaining.

I don't think hauck had him at unlv. Bobbys been at sdsu the last 3 years. Maybe I'm wrong

Nevermind looks like you're correct.

G-BEARS said:
HookedonGriz said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:
Can't blame him for wanting some playing time. Looks like Jensen is going to be around for a while so that's good at least, little shaky at qb depth now as I'm not sure Hill can get it done if called on.

Hauck offered a former QB of his at unlv who played a bit as a RS Freshman and then transferred to JUCO for this past season. Was a 3-star coming out of high school. Has I beleive 2 years remaining.

I don't think hauck had him at unlv. Bobbys been at sdsu the last 3 years. Maybe I'm wrong

It was Bobby's one verbal commitment before he and his staff were let go in Las Vegas

Copper Griz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
grizfan95 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
IMO, you are kinda being dickish.

I don't think that's dickish, I think it's the truth. I'm bummed because I always felt Dick had that x-factor and wanted to see what he could do for us by his junior/senior years.

In the end, he ranked being in the exact same town as family and immediate playing time over everything here. That's his prerogative but still it's a bummer.

Funny, but I don't see any comment by AZ that referred to family considerations. It seems to me he is knocking Nate for not being a good teammate.

Good luck to the kid. He did himself, the program and his family a favor. He was honest and chose to go a different direction. Why he would be criticized for that makes no sense. He will do well at Rocky and be happy. The Griz will fill the slot with a player who likes Missoula and the program as a whole. Not sure why people have to go negative on a 19 or 20 year old kid.

Rocky is a great school...he will get a really good education.

Can't believe people would criticize a young man for making a decision for himself and his family---- that they decide is the best one. I personally tip my hat to Nate Dick and look forward to seeing him play in the Frontier Conference for Rocky.

I think he’s a great kid who wants to play! He wouldn’t dis-plant Gresch-no way! He also wants to be near family. Said all the right things, and seems very genuine! Wish you the best Nate!

I've been watching him play since he was a little kid. This kid is a gamer. He has always excelled.

Sorry he won't be playing for the Grizzlies but I fully understand. He wants to play. He'll have a chance to be on the field much sooner. He'll be able to play in front of friends and family. I bet he will be starting for Rocky before long and he will tear 'em up in the Frontier Conference. Good Luck Nathan!

This happens with coaching change. No play no stay!!! On the bright side I'm sure Hauck will put the scholly to good use 6' 210+ lb running back would be nice!

Anytime you lose a scout team player of the year - that is a loss.

But all the best to him.

Bet he freakin tears it up at Rocky.

Nate stated that he almost went to Rocky initially, but an offer came in 'late' from Montana, and that he had to give it a try. Well, that's exactly what he did. And, he went back to his original decision to go to Rocky. What is wrong with that? Give the kid a break. I hope he is an All-American at Rocky.

HelenaHandBasket said:
grizfan95 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:
Ralston and Simis wanted playing time too. So they found a way to help the team AND get on the field at the same time.

I guess one could argue that Nate Dick helped the team by freeing up a scholarship...

IMO, you are kinda being dickish.

I don't think that's dickish, I think it's the truth. I'm bummed because I always felt Dick had that x-factor and wanted to see what he could do for us by his junior/senior years.

In the end, he ranked being in the exact same town as family and immediate playing time over everything here. That's his prerogative but still it's a bummer.

Funny, but I don't see any comment by AZ that referred to family considerations. It seems to me he is knocking Nate for not being a good teammate.

I’m not knocking Nate. in fact, I started my original post by clearly stating “no disrespect to Nate”...OTOH, it’s why I completely love guys like Ralston & Simis. Both probably would have loved to leave and go back home and play in front of tons of family and friends for a D-II or NAIA school too...but they stuck it out, changed positions multiple times, and ended up being huge contributors in their senior years. To each his own...I’d take a hundred Ralstons and Simis’-type players on my team any day of the week.

But hey, if you think I’m being dickish, that’s your perogative.

Back