• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

My First Game at Dahlberg!!

PlayerRep said:
grizpsych said:
When will PlayerRep just let something go? Maybe this year, probably not.

I didn't start the thread or make the post.

The better question would be why do posters start threads like this, and why do they pick at me, and why would anyone think I wouldn't respond in kind. Most of the time, I just respond in kind or with some return info. I thought the post was mostly funny, by the way. Over time, I have gone out of my way to make little comments that seem to bug some people. Other posters don't draw comments when they make similar comments, but mine often do. So, on occasion, I try to liven up the board by poking fun back or jabbing.

Because you're an asshole!

Also, questions should end with question marks. Didn't they teach you that at Darthbutt or wherever you went?

grizpsych said:
PlayerRep said:
grizpsych said:

The better question would be why do posters start threads like this, and why do they pick at me, and why would anyone think I wouldn't respond in kind. Most of the time, I just respond in kind or with some return info. I thought the post was mostly funny, by the way. Over time, I have gone out of my way to make little comments that seem to bug some people. Other posters don't draw comments when they make similar comments, but mine often do. So, on occasion, I try to liven up the board by poking fun back or jabbing.

Also, questions should end with question marks. Didn't they teach you that at Darthbutt or wherever you went?

Not as big of an asshole as you are. Man, I would hate for one of my kids to have a professor like you. Plus the crap in your avatar. You must be a huge loser.

PlayerRep said:
grizpsych said:
PlayerRep said:
grizpsych said:

Not as big of an asshole as you are. Man, I would hate for one of my kids to have a professor like you. Plus the crap in your avatar. You must be a huge loser.
Thanks Trump. Nice self reflection.

I'm rubber you're glue. Whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you.

grizpsych said:
PlayerRep said:
grizpsych said:
PlayerRep said:

You are an idiot. Are you high now too? I voted for Hillary.

PlayerRep said:
grizpsych said:
PlayerRep said:
grizpsych said:

You are an idiot. Are you high now too? I voted for Hillary.
I'm just matching your level of banter my Darthbutt friend. Night. May the farce be with you.

PlayerRep said:
PlayerRep said:
Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
Rhodes' son went to Harvard law school, worked for our firm, and works in Missoula now. The son is or was good hoops player too.

1) Rudolph (Zip) Rhoades II (with an "a"...) was black, originally from Baltimore, MD, and moved to Kalispell before his HS senior year in 1952. Met his wife, also black, who lived in Butte, but visited the Kalispell area in summers the summer of 1952. Following HS he played hoops for UM then returned to the Baltimore. He and his wife had two kids, son (Rudolph III) and daughter. Amazingly, both the kids were also black!

2) Rudolph Rhoades III based on a quick google search now lives in the Baltimore area and no reference to him ever living in Missoula, working for PR's firm, graduating from Harvard Law or being a lawyer.

3) John Rhodes (no "a") is white, graduated from DePauw (Indiana) undergrad, Harvard Law, now works in Missoula for the Federal Defenders of Montana, and plays basketball at noon at the Missoula Elks Club. Must have played in HS and maybe college because among the noon "waddlers" at the Elks he's one of the better players. Maybe once worked for PR's firm, but PR never learned how to spell his last name!)

Can't get the race right, person right, name spelled right, profession right, city of residence right....but go ahead PR....lay a little more BS on us all!

What do you mean I didn't spell his name right? I spelled it "Rhodes". I was talking about the other Rhodes who played for UM. John Rhodes' dad. I didn't say Rhoades (that's the other former Griz player). Ha.

Who wants to bet me $500 that John Rhodes' dad played hoops for the Griz? I say he did. Let's see one or more of you bigmouths put up or shut up on this. I'm waiting for the bet.

Okay, who's going to bet on this? I will take as many as you want to offer.

No... no...Double No!... The only thing you got right was the spelling. Sure as hell not the timing! And it wasn't John but Cecil Rhodes who showed up well before the fieldhouse was even a glimmer in anybody's eye. Fresh into town and hoping to play basketball he was waaay too early. Took a job instead - first with the British South Africa Company before moving up to Prime Minister of the Cape Colony. Folks there liked him enough to name a whole country after him. Finally, too old to play point guard anymore he nevertheless remembered the nascent Montana State University in his will - well enough to send off a handful of frontier rustics to smooth out their bucolic ways with an Oxford education.

In closing, people who think they know everything are a major irritation to those of us who actually do. Time to cough up those five Benjamins. Transmittal instructions to follow. :coffee:

PlayerRep said:
Fat Bruno said:
grizpsych said:

I was disappointed in how fast he forgot his threat about "running me out of the gym" after I kicked him around. As it turned out, he couldn't even find the gym.

Didn't I get you banned at least once, shortly after I said that? Do you want to see if I can get you banned again? If so, give me a little of your BS to work with.

No, bird brain, you didnā€™t. But, if your plan was to run crying to the mods to do the job for you, that tells me you see yourself to be the same kind of impotent, old fool as I do. Speaking of BS, youā€™ve spread as much of it in this thread alone to break a record that no one mentally competent would ever even want to touch.

Wait........ you guys have professional jobs???

šŸ¤£[emoji23]šŸ¤£[emoji23]šŸ¤£[emoji23]šŸ¤£[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just talked to John. He confirmed that his dad played 2 or 3 years for the Griz in the mid-50's. Chuck Rhodes overlapped with Zip. Zip was obviously the big star. Anyone still want to bet me that John's dad played for the Griz in the mid=50's ? Anyone man enough to apologize? Yes, I mixed up Zip and Chuck initially, but I did get the spelling correct for Chuck Rhodes.

By the way, John's and my city league team in GF was good, and we played in the championship of the open league a few times, beating the base team once, I think. John was the rebounder, digger, and defender. Bob Howard (Bobby's dad) was the star. Could score from anywhere, especially late in the game. Kirk Timmer, who played on the Cat '84 team and for the Cowboys for a year, was a big rebounder and defender, and could score, especially if game was on the line. Larry Martinez, the president of DA Davidson now and one of my partners then, was a good player and had played freshman ball at Princeton, I believe. Then, 3 old guys. A doctor and 2 lawyers. 2 of them were great shooters, and older than me. I was a passer and defender. There you have it. If you know John, ask him. I know some of you were high school, city league and intramural players. I can tell from your posts. Ha.

PlayerRep said:
Just talked to John. He confirmed that his dad played 2 or 3 years for the Griz in the mid-50's. Chuck Rhodes overlapped with Zip. Zip was obviously the big star. Anyone still want to bet me that John's dad played for the Griz in the mid=50's ? Anyone man enough to apologize? Yes, I mixed up Zip and Chuck initially, but I did get the spelling correct for Chuck Rhodes.

By the way, John's and my city league team in GF was good, and we played in the championship of the open league a few times, beating the base team once, I think. John was the rebounder, digger, and defender. Bob Howard (Bobby's dad) was the star. Could score from anywhere, especially late in the game. Kirk Timmer, who played on the Cat '84 team and for the Cowboys for a year, was a big rebounder and defender, and could score, especially if game was on the line. Larry Martinez, the president of DA Davidson now and one of my partners then, was a good player and had played freshman ball at Princeton, I believe. Then, 3 old guys. A doctor and 2 lawyers. 2 of them were great shooters, and older than me. I was a passer and defender. There you have it. If you know John, ask him. I know some of you were high school, city league and intramural players. I can tell from your posts. Ha.

Pulled up a Griz BB Yearbook that lists all Griz BB letterman by year. No Chuck Rhodes listed as a letter winner anytime in the 1950's. You (and maybe John Rhodes) are full of shit again....or old Chuck wasn't much of a player.

Give it a rest.....keep your $500!

Wow. This is almost getting a little sad now it's so pathetic.

It's okay, pr, you're still a really important guy!!!

Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:

Pulled up a Griz BB Yearbook that lists all Griz BB letterman by year. No Chuck Rhodes listed as a letter winner anytime in the 1950's. You (and maybe John Rhodes) are full of shit again....or old Chuck wasn't much of a player.

Okay, let's bet the $500. Don't think he was a big player but he was on team. Are we on for $500?

PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:
Wow. This is almost getting a little sad now it's so pathetic.

It's okay, pr, you're still a really important guy!!!

Want to bet $500 on it?

Ummm, on what? That you're sad and pathetic or still an important guy? :?

PlayerRep said:
Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:

Okay, let's bet the $500. Don't think he was a big player. Are we on for $500?

If he didn't letter....he didn't "play for the Griz for 2 or 3 years in the mid-50's". If an athlete "plays 2 or 3 years" for any varsity team at any college in any sport..... they "letter"...Chuck may have swept floors and filled water bottles for 2 or 3 years for the Griz in the mid-50's. Did you and John Rhodes pull up a Griz BB Yearbook and find old Chuck's name listed as a letterman in the 50s? Google up "University of Montana Basketball Yearbooks" and search any of them. I'd ask John for an apology if I were you.

That team from GF sounds pretty tough...just missing a "passer and defender"!

77matcat said:
Wait........ you guys have professional jobs???

šŸ¤£[emoji23]šŸ¤£[emoji23]šŸ¤£[emoji23]šŸ¤£[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Funny you mention that. I had the honor of a Cat alum making my burritos at Chipotle when I was in graduate school. Man, Chipotle got a lot of my stipend for those experiences.

Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:

Okay, let's bet the $500. Don't think he was a big player. Are we on for $500?

If he didn't letter....he didn't "play for the Griz for 2 or 3 years in the mid-50's". If an athlete "plays 2 or 3 years" for any varsity team at any college in any sport..... they "letter"...Chuck may have swept floors and filled water bottles for 2 or 3 years for the Griz in the mid-50's. Did you and John Rhodes pull up a Griz BB Yearbook and find old Chuck's name listed as a letterman in the 50s? Google up "University of Montana Basketball Yearbooks" and search any of them. I'd ask John for an apology if I were you.

That team from GF sounds pretty tough...just missing a "passer and defender"!

I know that the football letter book is not complete or fully accurate. Guffy told me that. Don't know about the basketball one.

From John: "That made laugh. He's always told me he played. Maybe my dad's a liar but I doubt it. I have hung out with him and his buddies listening to their stories about playing. Maybe, though, he wasn't much of a player."

I'll go over to the athletic department sometime to do some digging. Off to the Super Bowl tomorrow, or would do it then.

garizzalies said:
This thread has it all. Classic egriz. Pound for pound should go down in the annuals as a GOAT.

Hear, hear! The funny original post, the nostalgic trip down memory lane from three gentlemen, the fact checking by Mouse and of course, PR making a complete ass of himself. POTY! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Back