• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MSU @ PSU

Fahque said:
argh! said:
bigtyme said:
The only difference between Missoula and Portland is that they play football in Missoula periodically and it brings 10,000+ football fans from across the state to balance out the other garbage that Missoula has been infiltrated with. Different town than it was 20 years ago.

only in size, not spirit. yeah, there are a lot of left-wing nut jobs, but there always has been, at least in the past 50 years or so. that is why missoula has long been portrayed as a place unto it's own in montana.

youngster.

:roll:

winking at me will get you nowhere. get off greenie's lake.

bigtyme said:
The only difference between Missoula and Portland is that they play football in Missoula periodically and it brings 10,000+ football fans from across the state to balance out the other garbage that Missoula has been infiltrated with. Different town than it was 20 years ago.
Lived there from 2000-2014; no, it isn't

bigtyme said:
I lived there from 2000-2014; no, it isn't.

garizzalies said:
bigsky33 said:
garizzalies said:
bigsky33 said:
It is pathetic.
You said it—pathetic
Both of these teams suck grampa balls and make the conf look bad.
Imagine some recruit tuning in and thinking, “oh cool, these high school teams look....whoa wait what?...these teams are in some college conf?”

Cats handled them easily. Was never a contest. Both Cats and Griz are teams that are going to improve each week. Cat’s have the tougher schedule. Get a life guy. When talking about pathetic, I was talking about the no support tha PSU gets and where they play their games.
You’re the troll on your rival’s board trying to convince us your team doesn’t suck. You need to get a life, BigGuy.
Cats suck a bit less than PSU, but not much. The Dillon kid is a total beast but the announcers even said, “it’s a QB driven league” and he’s by far your best defender. I can’t even think of another defender on your 🐈 💩 team
I am not trying to convince anyone. The records of both the Cats and Griz speak for themselves. We are even. We beat a team you guys lost to. Both teams are a work in progress . Stop being a total A-hole and get real . The Griz May end up with a better record but they do not play EWU or Weber or NAU. They have a much easier path. Will be a good Cat/Griz though.

bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:
I think they are playing at the fairgrounds. It is pathetic. Mostly MSU Fans there

You just wait. The Viks are going to score some artisanal, gluten-free touchdowns very ironically. That'll show mom and dad how zany and unique they are.

Football is like a non-entity there. Tough place to play as you even have to bring your own energy!
Doesn’t help with Oregon and OSU home games today either.

grizband said:
bigtyme said:

I believe, if my reading skills are intact, he wrote 20 years.

And yes, yes it is.

Whether or not you're aware of it does not change the reality.

exppi said:
bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:
I think they are playing at the fairgrounds. It is pathetic. Mostly MSU Fans there

You just wait. The Viks are going to score some artisanal, gluten-free touchdowns very ironically. That'll show mom and dad how zany and unique they are.

Football is like a non-entity there. Tough place to play as you even have to bring your own energy!
Doesn’t help with Oregon and OSU home games today either.

Ducks game going like ours last weekend. Ugh

CFallsGriz said:
grizband said:
bigtyme said:

And yes, yes it is.

So 18 1/2 years isn’t a large enough sample size to make an opinion?

EverettGriz said:
CFallsGriz said:
grizband said:
bigtyme said:

And yes, yes it is.

Do you live here? Serious question

Good or bad, it's not the same. Not sure what you inferred from my post, but it just is quite different in many ways.

argh! said:
bigtyme said:

only in size, not spirit. yeah, there are a lot of left-wing nut jobs, but there always has been, at least in the past 50 years or so. that is why missoula has long been portrayed as a place unto it's own in montana.

youngster.
Jesus you two when you find the time in your busy schedules of watching Fox News, stroking off a rich guy, and tantrums about imgrents to post in this forum stick to football.

CFallsGriz said:
EverettGriz said:
CFallsGriz said:
grizband said:

And yes, yes it is.

Do you live here? Serious question

Good or bad, it's not the same. Not sure what you inferred from my post, but it just is quite different in many ways.

I do not. Serious answer.

And of course the city has changed in 20 years. What city hasn’t? I have no desire whatsoever to live in a place that is the same as it was in 1998.

My issue was with the not so subtle undertones in the posts that the changes in Missoula haven’t been good. While I don’t live there, I spend a great deal of time in Missoula, and it is in my opinion a significantly better town now than it was when I was in school.

CDAGRIZ said:
CFallsGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
This board isn't what it was 14.3 years ago.

So clever!

Don't hate it, bro. Things change. Roll with it. Much easier on the upstairs. :thumb:

Hold up. I think maybe I came across wrong. Posting on an Internet message board is worse than texting. At least texting is more interactive, and comes across in the moment if you're paying attention.

Hate really isn't in my repertoire. And if I didn't roll with it, I wouldn't still be here. So since I'm raising two girls, I feel like I understand change fairly well. It's like, normal and stuff.

FTR, there are a lot of things that I dig about this town, not the least of which is the church I attend in the fall with 26k of my closest friends, and sometimes extended family when they insist on it. I can go see live music --usually good-- on any given night, in a town of 70k. We've seen the Stones, Beatles (well, Paul), Neil Young, Moody Blues, PJ multiple times, (other shit I'm forgetting), and innumerable other great acts you would never expect in a place this size. I live on a mountain, in a town. There are multiple rivers within 20 minutes. It's cool here and it's all good. We'll do business and work here either until the kids graduate, or we can afford Prescott or Pahrump-- whichever comes first ;)

My only point was that, in my estimation, it's changed here noticeably. And I don't just mean the 4-story Stockman's Banks that are sprouting up on every vacant lot.

Also, dude...this fucking place (eGriz) is a single-story ranch house with no indoor plumbing. There's a bag of lye next to the front door. There are no stairs. That metaphor kicks ass. FYI :thumb:

garizzalies said:
bigsky33 said:
It is pathetic.
You said it—pathetic
Imagine some recruit tuning in and thinking, “oh cool, these high school teams look....whoa wait what?...these teams are in some college conf?”

garizzalies said:
bigsky33 said:
It is pathetic.
You said it—pathetic
Love revisiting posts like this!

garizzalies said:
bigsky33 said:
garizzalies said:
bigsky33 said:
It is pathetic.
You said it—pathetic

Cats handled them easily. Was never a contest. Both Cats and Griz are teams that are going to improve each week. Cat’s have the tougher schedule. Get a life guy. When talking about pathetic, I was talking about the no support tha PSU gets and where they play their games.
You’re the troll on your rival’s board trying to convince us your team doesn’t suck. You need to get a life, BigGuy.
Cats suck a bit less than PSU, but not much. The Dillon kid is a total beast but the announcers even said, “it’s a QB driven league” and he’s by far your best defender. I can’t even think of another defender on your 🐈 💩 team

Ok, can you explain the loss today at home on homecoming by your Bobby ball team to a very bad Portland State ass hat? If we suck a bit less than PSU and we beat them handily, where does this put the Griz? You lost to this awful team in your house on homecoming. Temper your comments dude.

Back