• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MSU looking into COA

ilovethecats said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
ilovethecats said:
Jaredkuehn said:
This seems more like a well placed publicity stunt than realistic goal to me. I can’t imagine them going from Choate bitching to the media in December, to having funds and the program in place to disburse funds by the following August.

This has been in the works LONG before Choate's comments a few weeks ago. It started gaining traction after our first beatdown in North Dakota in 2018. Most likely before then but I heard the talk not long after.

The way that Waded, Leon and Choate work together has been something to see. I fully expect funds to be available to be disbursed this fall if all goes as planned.

My understanding is that the COA can be funded by a few different avenues of revenue from the schools, NONE of those include funds that are received from the state. If that were the case, it would need to go through the Board of Regents in Montana for approval. No way the BOR allows MSU those funds and not Montana, so thats off the table.

Raising student fees is one way, thats how JMU funds their I believe. I dont think that would go over well in Montana personally. JMU has a ton of rich old Virginia money kids attending the school, a huge portion of MSU and UM students are rural Montanans. I cant see MSU getting the OK to jack up student fees to subsidize their athletic programs.

The final way is through private funding, which is what NDSU does. In this scenario you would assume UM would be able to offer everything and more than MSU seeing that our Athletic Dept makes more than MSUs and we have been more successful in fund raising for quite some time.

I don't dispute and of this and will not for a second pretend I know how any of this works. What I do know is MSU has the best leadership probably in my lifetime. Leon is the best athletic director we've had in a LONG time. I know they've been working diligently on this for nearly two years. They've dotted the "i's" and crossed the "t's". For them to finally go public, they feel very confident this will be a done deal, hopefully as soon as this fall.

My guess is UM follows suit. As they should. And if you're correct, as they HAVE to. Personally I think it's great for both schools and will put us both where we should be year in and year out; 1 and 2 in the Big Sky. If Leon didn't think he could generate the funds for this going forward, it never would have been leaked out. It would have been quietly getting worked on like it has since 2018.

Fingers crossed both schools make this happen asap. :thumb:

Leon is OK, but his predecessor never made a bad decision in his entire tenure as AD.

CDAGRIZ said:
ilovethecats said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
ilovethecats said:
This has been in the works LONG before Choate's comments a few weeks ago. It started gaining traction after our first beatdown in North Dakota in 2018. Most likely before then but I heard the talk not long after.

The way that Waded, Leon and Choate work together has been something to see. I fully expect funds to be available to be disbursed this fall if all goes as planned.

My understanding is that the COA can be funded by a few different avenues of revenue from the schools, NONE of those include funds that are received from the state. If that were the case, it would need to go through the Board of Regents in Montana for approval. No way the BOR allows MSU those funds and not Montana, so thats off the table.

Raising student fees is one way, thats how JMU funds their I believe. I dont think that would go over well in Montana personally. JMU has a ton of rich old Virginia money kids attending the school, a huge portion of MSU and UM students are rural Montanans. I cant see MSU getting the OK to jack up student fees to subsidize their athletic programs.

The final way is through private funding, which is what NDSU does. In this scenario you would assume UM would be able to offer everything and more than MSU seeing that our Athletic Dept makes more than MSUs and we have been more successful in fund raising for quite some time.

I don't dispute and of this and will not for a second pretend I know how any of this works. What I do know is MSU has the best leadership probably in my lifetime. Leon is the best athletic director we've had in a LONG time. I know they've been working diligently on this for nearly two years. They've dotted the "i's" and crossed the "t's". For them to finally go public, they feel very confident this will be a done deal, hopefully as soon as this fall.

My guess is UM follows suit. As they should. And if you're correct, as they HAVE to. Personally I think it's great for both schools and will put us both where we should be year in and year out; 1 and 2 in the Big Sky. If Leon didn't think he could generate the funds for this going forward, it never would have been leaked out. It would have been quietly getting worked on like it has since 2018.

Leon is OK, but his predecessor never made a bad decision in his entire tenure as AD.

:puke:

PlayerRep said:
MikeyGriz said:
UNDfan said:
So Cruzado wants COA to go to FBS, the like the Dakotas did years ago?

The Dakotas went FBS?

Yes, and now they're applying for the NFL.

And will stay with the current staff and player roster. No need for outside help. :roll: Can't wait for the Super Bowl to be held in Fargo!

ilovethecats said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
ilovethecats said:
Jaredkuehn said:
This seems more like a well placed publicity stunt than realistic goal to me. I can’t imagine them going from Choate bitching to the media in December, to having funds and the program in place to disburse funds by the following August.

I agree, just a matter of time.

ilovethecats said:
CDAGRIZ said:
ilovethecats said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

Name me one bad thing this guy did for the Untiverstitey during his time there. The football team was undefeated during his tenure, but Cat fans like to conveniently forget that.

5727d475819ab.image.jpg

CDAGRIZ said:
ilovethecats said:
CDAGRIZ said:
ilovethecats said:

Name me one bad thing this guy did for the Untiverstitey during his time there. The football team was undefeated during his tenure, but Cat fans like to conveniently forget that.

5727d475819ab.image.jpg

His family was also class citizens of Bozeman during his entire tenure....I heard his wife LOVED it there.

CDAGRIZ said:
ilovethecats said:
CDAGRIZ said:
ilovethecats said:

5727d475819ab.image.jpg

touche.

Probably the best thing that has happened to MSU in the last 30 years though.

ilovethecats said:
Htowngriz said:
PlayerRep said:
MikeyGriz said:
The Dakotas went FBS?

Yes, and now they're applying for the NFL.

The NFC North is screwed.

This would be funny but I'd bet money the delusional North Dakota fans actually think they'd be competitive in the NFC North. :roll:

Clemson, LSU, Alabama, and Ohio State are having a meeting and talking about championships.
UNDSU enters the room and starts giving unsolicited advice like it belongs at the meeting.
UNDSU is genuinely shocked that nobody in the meeting has heard of it, and nobody cares about what it has to say.

ilovethecats said:
CDAGRIZ said:
ilovethecats said:
CDAGRIZ said:

5727d475819ab.image.jpg

touche.

Absolutely. Name another MSU AD who had an undefeated tenure. You'd probably have to go back to the mythical "before time" to find one.

ilovethecats said:
CDAGRIZ said:
ilovethecats said:
CDAGRIZ said:

5727d475819ab.image.jpg

touche.

The bar ain't real high there. :cool:

BadlandsGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
ilovethecats said:
CDAGRIZ said:

5727d475819ab.image.jpg

His family was also class citizens of Bozeman during his entire tenure....I heard his wife LOVED it there.

They all look overjoyed to be there.

cclarkblues said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
ilovethecats said:

5727d475819ab.image.jpg

It's nice that he has his grandmother on stage with him, or is that his mother?

PlayerRep said:
cclarkblues said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

5727d475819ab.image.jpg

It's nice that he has his grandmother on stage with him, or is that his mother?

Good question. It does looked like the kids are already packed and ready to roll.

cclarkblues said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
ilovethecats said:

5727d475819ab.image.jpg

To be fair, it's tough to feign enthusiasm when you're directed into a random garage on Garfield Street and given SWAG bags containing Cat's Paw gift cards and half empty packs of Camels, only to have a 1980s Christmas decoration blast what I assume to be the outline of a Bobcat logo in your face.

Htowngriz said:
ilovethecats said:
CDAGRIZ said:
ilovethecats said:

5727d475819ab.image.jpg

touche.

The bar ain't real high there. :cool:
Classless :coffee:

Back