• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MSU FB Prioritizing Retention

MSU has a wonderful civil engineering program. They had no problem designing and digging a shit pond. And these same engineers are so full of shit, they had no problem filling it.

Of course, it looks like shit. They're not art majors after all.

Copper Griz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Does anyone have the actual backstory on the shit pond? Such as, when did they break ground? How long did it take to dig and then fill? Why is it there? Did it have an original purpose before becoming a shit pond, or was it designed as a shit pond from the get? I know the answers are probably in the back of the game day programs at RHS. Anyone know?

A solid question. Purely rumor, but I was told it goes back to 1929. That was the year things really broke loose for the Cats. They hadn’t been able to beat the Griz for quite a few years. Apparently one of their players said he would build a pond and shat in it - if they finally beat their rival. Low and behold, a miracle happened. The story is like a beaver slide out of control from there. Murky on how the pond really expanded and became a centerpiece of the program and stadium.

That makes mores sense than any other explanation I've heard. I think we have to deem it as fact unless and until (and likely long after) it's refuted. Thanks, Copp!

AllWeatherFan said:
MSU has a wonderful civil engineering program. They had no problem designing and digging a shit pond. And these same engineers are so full of shit, they had no problem filling it.

Of course, it looks like shit. They're not art majors after all.

:clap:

Back