• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Moving Forward-Griz vs cats

I almost feel bad for Elvis, he’s caught in a trap.

You go out and advertise for a head coach for your university and have your top five candidates turn the job down.

You are forced to hire an inexperienced drooling dolt who goes on to lose the locker room, the coaching staff and the boosters within three months. He knows what’s coming, a failed football season, a humiliating loss to your rival, lack of job security ...

What do you do?

Advertise for another head coach and face further ridicule for a failed hire and having to turn to your seventh or eighth choice this time?

Tell the wife they need to tighten their belts and start saving money for their eventual landing at a desolate NAIA program in the Midwest?

Dust off the Gibson and work on mastering the F chord?

Purchase a VHF radio and try reaching Ron Ash on the ship to shore?

The man is fucked.

Ursa Major said:

You go out and advertise for a head coach for your university and have your top five candidates turn the job down.

You are forced to hire an inexperienced drooling dolt who goes on to lose the locker room, the coaching staff and the boosters within three months. He knows what’s coming, a failed football season, a humiliating loss to your rival, lack of job security ...

What do you do?

Advertise for another head coach and face further ridicule for a failed hire and having to turn to your seventh or eighth choice this time?

Tell the wife they need to tighten their belts and start saving money for their eventual landing at a desolate NAIA program in the Midwest?

The man is fucked.

Good post. Those close to the program have indicated that it's something of a "damage control" situation at present, as informed boosters recognize that Sixx is unable to sell traj and culture to deflect accountability for the early losing seasons like his predecessor. Many feel that the first call last winter should have been to the man who led them to conference championships and the best record of any coach in program history, and many more are suggesting the same now given the lack of "buy-in" program wide under Sixx. Alas, you know what they say about a Bozeman AD and his pride...

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:

What do you do?

The man is f###[#].

Good post. Those close to the program have indicated that it's something of a "damage control" situation at present, as informed boosters recognize that Sixx is unable to sell traj and culture to deflect accountability for the early losing seasons like his predecessor. Many feel that the first call last winter should have been to the man who led them to conference championships and the best record of any coach in program history, and many more are suggesting the same now given the lack of "buy-in" program wide under Sixx. Alas, you know what they say about a Bozeman AD and his pride...

You guys hit this one on the head. Most of the "in the know" folks I talk to are terrified about what's about to happen. All our best players and coaches are getting out of Bozeman as fast as they can, I see dark, dark times coming for the program and for the university in general.

retiredpopo said:
how many scats have entered the portal?
Just today the smartest kid in the dumb row, I mean the most credible cat troll, said:
It is hard to count who has left, when everyone is using different criteria to count them.
I think that is their way of saying, “too many to count”.

I have pre-purchased Costello’s new book on Amazon, The Rise and Fall of a Backwater Division 1 Athletic Director.

Elvis’ book reportedly casts himself as a victim of the smelly Svengali, Choach. Like Bernie Madoff he duped an entire community into a confidence scam and left victims like Elvis holding the bag. Unlike Bernie, he was able to get away before he was caught.

Look for it in the non-fiction section of your favorite bookstore.

poorgriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

You guys hit this one on the head. Most of the "in the know" folks I talk to are terrified about what's about to happen. All our best players and coaches are getting out of Bozeman as fast as they can, I see dark, dark times coming for the program and for the university in general.

Yeah, things don’t look too good in Bozeman right now. It’s nice to see a realist among them. It’s going to be tough to explain away this season being led by a cinder block-brained coach, but there’s still an outside chance that Elvis could hire an actual college football coach in the offseason.

Ursa Major said:
I have pre-purchased Costello’s new book on Amazon, The Rise and Fall of a Backwater Division 1 Athletic Director.

Elvis’ book reportedly casts himself as a victim of the smelly Svengali, Choach. Like Bernie Madoff he duped an entire community into a confidence scam and left victims like Elvis holding the bag. Unlike Bernie, he was able to get away before he was caught.

The early reviews on this signify an instant classic. An unwitting protagonist falls backward into a literal pond of shit, the depth of which is unknown, with his only rescue being a man who is somehow dumber than the last one he hired. They plod along together, one knowing full well that the other hasn’t the chops to cut it. I won’t spoil the ending, but it’ll pull at the heartstrings.

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:

The early reviews on this signify an instant classic. An unwitting protagonist falls backward into a literal pond of shit, the depth of which is unknown, with his only rescue being a man who is somehow dumber than the last one he hired. They plod along together, one knowing full well that the other hasn’t the chops to cut it. I won’t spoil the ending, but it’ll pull at the heartstrings.

The similarities between Costello’s Coach Sixx and Steinbeck’s Lennie are striking, bordering on plagiaristic.

9-FD8-D0-AF-034-C-4-E5-A-A108-D8918137-D8-D4.jpg

garizzalies said:
retiredpopo said:
how many scats have entered the portal?
Just today the smartest kid in the dumb row, I mean the most credible cat troll, said:
It is hard to count who has left, when everyone is using different criteria to count them.

I am not a Cats Troll... I am a Cats fan that enjoys the back and forth... I am also a sports broadcaster who has watched a lot of the Montana players for both teams for years.... I know many on both sides. I can count the amount of kids that have left both programs from 2020 till now... It is about the same number for UM and MSU. Poke fun all you want.

SACCAT66 said:
I am not a Cats Troll... I am a Cats fan... Poke fun all you want.

OoohK! Splittin' hairs aren't we? :?
The difference between a cats troll and a cats fan is...

SACCAT66 said:
garizzalies said:

I am not a Cats Troll... I am a Cats fan that enjoys the back and forth... I am also a sports broadcaster who has watched a lot of the Montana players for both teams for years.... I know many on both sides. I can count the amount of kids that have left both programs from 2020 till now... It is about the same number for UM and MSU. Poke fun all you want.
Sorry to break it to you, dude, but you are most definitely a Cat troll. You’ve been here for a decade with almost fifteen hundred posts on your rival’s board. You average 0.4 posts/day which indicates you not only check this board daily, but you are also probably checking in about 40% of the time you are awake. Good news is, admitting you have a problem is the first step toward recovery.

Anyone who makes an account on their rival’s board is a troll. That’s what they do; that’s why they’re here. It doesn’t mean you’re a bad person. You’re probably a pretty cool dude (minus the Cat-mania). Certainly not someone I would want to be caught hanging out with, but a good dude nonetheless.

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:

The similarities between Costello’s Coach Sixx and Steinbeck’s Lennie are striking, bordering on plagiaristic.

I swear to God that is what I had in mind when I posted. Fatta the land, Urs, fatta the land. Can’t wait for BS33 to show up with his Vaseline-filled glove.

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:

I swear to God that is what I had in mind when I posted. Fatta the land, Urs, fatta the land. Can’t wait for BS33 to show up with his Vaseline-filled glove.

Just as long as he doesn’t bring that tart of a wife around here again.

Back