• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Montana all decade 2-deep

AllWeatherFan said:
catsack said:
Van wouldn’t crack top five at running back! I don’t understand the infatuation with him other than his speed , Canada doubled him up the two years he played with him.

Do the words “he best in space” not mean ANYTHING to you, catsack?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Let’s see if he was best in space Canada had 29 tds to Vans 19 in the same time. Best in space is why he wouldn’t be number two running back of the decade, because he wasn’t very good in tight spots, he also wasn’t an every down back seemed to get dinged up pretty easy.

zengriz said:
...all decade team needs all decade coach...
...hauck 1*..phlugrad..delaney..stitt..hauck 2...
...*techinacally hauck 1 left in 10..his recruits 11-13...

... :cool: ...

Hauck left after 2009 phlugrad was 2010 2011

Ursa Major said:
catsack said:
BWahlberg said:
Thought I'd have some fun with this. Building a 2-deep from teams spanning from 2010 - 2019.

QB: Jordan Johnon / Dalton Sneed
RB: Chase Reynolds / Travon Van (
WR: Samori Toure / Jabin Sambrano
WR: Jamaal Jones / Sammy Akem
WR: Ellis Henderson / Jerry Louie McGee
TE: Colin Bingham / Greg Hardy
T: Jon Opperud / Charles Burton
T: Danny Kistler / David Reese
G: Ben Weyer / Robert Luke
G: Will Poehls / Steve Sabin
C: Alex Verlanic / Cy Sirmon

DE: Tyrone Holmes / Severin Campbell
DE: Zach Wagenmann / Tucker Schye
DT: Jesse Sims / Bryan Waldhauser
DT: Tonga Takai / Caleb Kidder
LB: Dante Olson / Jordan Tripp
LB: Brock Coyle / Caleb McSurdy
LB: Josh Buss / Kendrick Van Ackeren
CB: Trumaine Johnson / JR Nelson
CB: Nate Harris / Houston Roots
S: Erik Stoll / Josh Sandry
S: Mike McCord / Justin Strong

K: Brody McKnight / Brandon Purdy
P: Chris Lider / Adam Wilson
LS: Matthew O'Donoghue / Aaron Held
PR/KR: Jerry Louie McGee / Malik Flowers

------------

Had a hard time at RB choosing between Van and Jordan Canada, I just think Travon was such a unique talent. Linebacker there was a handful of other guys I wish I could have included, JP Kanongata'a and Jeremiah Kose the first two that come to mind. I'd also even consider already putting Jace Lewis in there.

Another interesting observation has been the gap of players to place on this list on the O-line and somewhat on the interior D-line, and the overall options at safety.

Van wouldn’t crack top five at running back! I don’t understand the infatuation with him other than his speed , Canada doubled him up the two years he played with him.

He best in space

Yes. He was. Brint needs to create a new category for him. He played multiple years in the CFL and was a starter at times.

catsack said:
BWahlberg said:
Thought I'd have some fun with this. Building a 2-deep from teams spanning from 2010 - 2019.

------------

Had a hard time at RB choosing between Van and Jordan Canada, I just think Travon was such a unique talent. Linebacker there was a handful of other guys I wish I could have included, JP Kanongata'a and Jeremiah Kose the first two that come to mind. I'd also even consider already putting Jace Lewis in there.

Another interesting observation has been the gap of players to place on this list on the O-line and somewhat on the interior D-line, and the overall options at safety.

I had Canada there first and then subbed Van in. It was a tough call, to me. Van was a level of skill/speed that the FCS normally doesn't see. Of course when injured he was a shell of himself. However when at full speed he was a unique skill on the field.

In 2014 Van had 478 rushing / 7 rush TDs / 736 receiving / 5 receiving TDs.

Canada that year had a great season too, almost 1195 rushing / 11 TDs / 120 receiving / 2 TDs.

Canada was a great and steady player for this team, I just think Van brought a level of speed/skill that was unique. If I was building a 2-deep of RBs I'd want him on it because of that. Obviously then the other RB option is a choice between Reynolds, Canada, Knight, Peter Nguyen, John Nguyen, or Dan Moore - hence my main selection in Chase.

PlayerRep said:
Anyone heard of Jimmy Wilson, at corner or safety?

That was another tough one for me, Jimmy was on the 2010 team, mostly safety though if I remember correctly. He's right there in the mix. I didn't consider him at corner since his corner days were from years earlier.

BWahlberg said:
catsack said:
BWahlberg said:

------------

I had Canada there first and then subbed Van in. It was a tough call, to me. Van was a level of skill/speed that the FCS normally doesn't see. Of course when injured he was a shell of himself. However when at full speed he was a unique skill on the field.

Canada that year had a great season too, almost 1195 rushing / 11 TDs / 120 receiving / 2 TDs.

Canada was a great and steady player for this team, I just think Van brought a level of speed/skill that was unique. If I was building a 2-deep of RBs I'd want him on it because of that. Obviously then the other RB option is a choice between Reynolds, Canada, Knight, Peter Nguyen, John Nguyen, or Dan Moore - hence my main selection in Chase.

Well Reynolds is the no-brainer selection there. My 2nd guy would be either Canada or Knight. I never looked at Van as a true running back. Plus he couldn't stay healthy.

AZGrizFan said:
BWahlberg said:
catsack said:
BWahlberg said:

------------

Well Reynolds is the no-brainer selection there. My 2nd guy would be either Canada or Knight. I never looked at Van as a true running back. Plus he couldn't stay healthy.
Agreed. For me it's Reynolds, and a toss up between Canada/Knight.

Mousegriz said:
Knight has a good "year". Canada had a good "career". Canada's got my vote.

Probably right there. Ask me again in two years. :cool: :cool: I think the answer will be "Canada who?"

AZGrizFan said:
Mousegriz said:
Knight has a good "year". Canada had a good "career". Canada's got my vote.

Probably right there. Ask me again in two years. :cool: :cool: I think the answer will be "Canada who?"

You may be right too....other than the "decade". Similar runners.......glide and cut faster than it appears.

What sticks out to me is the O-Line and how spoiled we were with multiple guys getting opportunities in the NFL prior to this period as well as the decline in safety play. Looking forward to seeing this list 10 years from now.

PlayerRep said:
Ursa Major said:
catsack said:
BWahlberg said:

------------

He best in space

Yes. He was. Brint needs to create a new category for him. He played multiple years in the CFL and was a starter at times.
Category for what his stats are not impressive in the CFL 170 carries 758 yards and six touchdowns in four years! His main problem is injuries , so that could be a category about him or potential but if it wasn’t for injuries we probably don’t ever see him at UM! Don’t get me wrong he was dangerous when healthy , ranking someone number two off of potential is silly imo!

Our only stipulation was players had to play at least two seasons in this decade. So players like Chase Reynolds, Andrew Selle, Jimmy Wilson, Alex Verlanic and Erik Stolle will be a part of the teams for the 2000 to 2009 all-decade team we put together later this month.

https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/1214246911948935168

https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/1214248293728804867

Back