• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Missouri St

MikeyGriz said:
kemajic said:
BozAngelesGriz said:
MikeyGriz said:
So it instantly doubled! :thumb:

i'll give you that. interesting enough Missouri State has a higher average attendance and nicer football facilities than Idaho.
I guess you thought no one would bother to check your "facts." In 2019 Idaho drew 41,312 (6885 ave.); Missouri St. drew 32,248 (6450 ave.). Advantage Idaho possibly because they managed to win 5 games while Missouri St. had to go 3 OTs for its only win. As it relates to "nicer", that pretty much depends on the weather.

Idaho's advantage is due to the weather protection afforded by the "barn"!
Barn my ass! A quonset hut is far inferior to barn!

kemajic said:
BozAngelesGriz said:
MikeyGriz said:
BozAngelesGriz said:
yeah, but "interesting" is relative. on the 'interesting' scale i would say playing missouri state went from a 2/10 to a 4/10.

i'll give you that. interesting enough Missouri State has a higher average attendance and nicer football facilities than Idaho.
I guess you thought no one would bother to check your "facts." In 2019 Idaho drew 41,312 (6885 ave.); Missouri St. drew 32,248 (6450 ave.). Advantage Idaho possibly because they managed to win 5 games while Missouri St. had to go 3 OTs for its only win. As it relates to "nicer", that pretty much depends on the weather.

You’re such a peach. On comfort care yet?

http://www.the-standard.org/sports/reviewing-last-season-s-attendance-numbers/article_65fe24e2-c872-11e9-bfba-cb5315bb58e3.html

That article showed Missouri state at 7,400 average attendance. Although I guess it was for the school year ending in ‘19 and not the 2019 football season. Glad you set it all straight, a lot was hanging in the balance over that discrepancy

BozAngelesGriz said:
kemajic said:
BozAngelesGriz said:
MikeyGriz said:

http://www.the-standard.org/sports/reviewing-last-season-s-attendance-numbers/article_65fe24e2-c872-11e9-bfba-cb5315bb58e3.html

That article showed Missouri state at 7,400 average attendance. Although I guess it was for the school year ending in ‘19 and not the 2019 football season. Glad you set it all straight, a lot was hanging in the balance over that discrepancy

The article you linked is from August 2019. Obviously, wouldn't have fall 2019 football stats.

I don't think there's a law against using accurate facts. Perhaps you should just thank Kem for providing the board with correct information, and say my bad.

You need to watch the "just okay is not okay" ads.

PlayerRep said:
BozAngelesGriz said:
kemajic said:
BozAngelesGriz said:

The article you linked is from August 2019. Obviously, wouldn't have fall 2019 football stats.

I don't think there's a law against using accurate facts. Perhaps you should just thank Kem for providing the board with correct information, and say my bad.

To be honest, I do appreciate Kem’s attention to detail and I know you are equally as concerned about accuracy. Was just having a little fun.

UNDfan said:
Mo St is going to move it’s fb up to FBS and the WAC and they need a name FBS coach.
You've been saying this shit about every school you can on every board you can, for years

Give it up

UNDfan said:
Mo St is going to move it’s fb up to FBS and the WAC and they need a name FBS coach.

Just like Cal Poly, Sac St, and UC Davis have done.

But this will go in one ear and out the other because Egriz doesn’t have any brain power working.

See what Sam Houston St, Lamar, McNeese St and Wichita St do soon.

WAC FBS is coming back. The Big Sky will get Seattle and UVU as non fb refugees and Dixie St as a full member.

Mo St now has a bigger enrollment than Mizzou and they want to continue that upward trend.

After Mo. St.'s performance last year, I'm sure this is a done deal! :roll:

Where are any of these school's going to come up with the $$ necessary to make this move?

BozAngelesGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
BozAngelesGriz said:
kemajic said:

To be honest, I do appreciate Kem’s attention to detail and I know you are equally as concerned about accuracy. Was just having a little fun.

Okay, I understand.

UNDfan said:

But this will go in one ear and out the other because Egriz doesn’t have any brain power working.

WAC FBS is coming back. The Big Sky will get Seattle and UVU as non fb refugees and Dixie St as a full member.

Mo St now has a bigger enrollment than Mizzou and they want to continue that upward trend.

Where is it said that the WAC football charter can be revived?

PlayerRep said:
UNDfan said:

His head. It's in his head, PR.

Silenoz said:
UNDfan said:
You've been saying this shit about every school you can on every board you can, for years

Give it up

Throw enough shit against the wall, eventually something will stick, right? :? :?

PlayerRep said:
UNDfan said:

If I recall, they had a time limit, maybe 5 years, to revive it. Long past, I'm sure.

An interesting article on the downfall of the WAC football conference. A lot to learn; If 16 members was folly, how about 13?

https://tinyurl.com/voehlv4

kemajic said:
An interesting article on the downfall of the WAC football conference. A lot to learn; If 16 members was folly, how about 13?

https://tinyurl.com/voehlv4

Maybe it is time to downsize - so what is the perfect # for Big Sky?

Bear Axed said:
reminiscing is often extremely fun?

The Bobby Petrino shenanigans timeline

https://www.bannersociety.com/2014/1/10/20727441/bobby-petrino-controversies

Why any AD would even consider interviewing him is beyond me. Why any assistant coaches would work for him is also beyond me. This guy is void of any soul, loyalty or ethics. Gives college athletics a bad name.

Copper Griz said:
Bear Axed said:
reminiscing is often extremely fun?

The Bobby Petrino shenanigans timeline

https://www.bannersociety.com/2014/1/10/20727441/bobby-petrino-controversies
Why any AD would even consider interviewing him is beyond me. Why any assistant coaches would work for him is also beyond me. This guy is void of any soul, loyalty or ethics. Gives college athletics a bad name.
Knew many of the bits and pieces, but to see it all linked together is just ... Wow!

Not sure what Missouri State was thinking here. One Mo State student, interviewed by a local reporter, said their team's offense was "last in the country last year.” (That's not entirely true, BTW. There were eight teams with even lower Total Offense. :lol: )

The AD must figure he can get some offense going for the Bears. After all, Petrino is known as an offensive-minded coach, and his teams have won a lot of games with that approach. Of course, that is also one of the many complaints about Petrino: he recruits good players for the offense, and almost totally neglects the D.

So maybe he can pump up the offense and then -- per his MO -- move on in a couple years. After that, they can bring in someone to build a more balanced roster. Taking a Hell of a chance, IMO.

Pork_Chop.gif

I have lived here in Springfield for 20 years and have gone to a few Missouri State games so feel I have some background to comment, that and I have Griz season tickets to compare to
The facilities are not horrible, they recently upgraded the visitors side/student section, would say better than about half the Big Sky stadiums
Not much in way of tailgating like Wash Griz
Attendance is usually sparse and probably a big difference between ticket sales and actual attendance, probably in neighborhood of 3-5K. The other issue is facilities, locker rooms, etc. They have a huge wealthy benefactor here that supports them and has paid for a number of fields for soccer, outdoor volleyball. Their baseball team has traditionally been very strong
The other issue is there is a strong interest in Arkansas and Missouri football, the Bears are kind of a second thought
Three years ago the QB got suspended for beating the crap out of a dog he was watching for a volleyball player and then letting it go so it got hit by a car. It made the national news

As for moving up that has never been discussed here in Springfield, actually last year there was talk of eliminating football and the president came out in support of keeping it going.
As for Petrino, word is it was a quick decision and attempting to draw up interest in the program, will have to see if it works
Anyone coming to Springfield for the game next Sept 12 is invited to Marias, as per other post this will be the Montana bar, first beer on me

Back