• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MBBALL Matt Logie a rumored finalist for Wazzu

Griz til I die

DONOR

According to todays update, it sounds like the front runners for the job at Washington State are Eric Henderson of South Dakota State, and Matt Logie. Supposedly, Logie absolutely killed it in his interview and they like that he has ties to the palouse after spending 8 years at Whitworth in Spokane. Of course, the one thing that's giving them pause is his 17-18 record this year but regardless he still made the tournament.

David Riley must've fallen out of favor with Wazzu. It was looking like it was his job to lose and now it seems they've cooled on him. That's too bad, I would've liked to have offloaded a bunch of those Eastern players headed into next year. Maybe Riley is still in the mix at Pepperdine though

Fascinating. Even if the cats are offering him a sizeable pay raise, I'd imagine they still can't match the offer Wazzu may have made. I know Wazzu is no longer a Power 5 job but I'd have to imagine that they could at least pay $1 million. The reason he may be giving some pause is because Wazzu isn't as attractive of a job now that they're in the WCC compared to the PAC12, but even then I think this is an attractive job. The cougs could do quite well in the WCC next year, and Logie coached for years in Spokane and knows the entire state well. I think he needs to take it. Strike while the iron is hot. Don't make the same mistake Decuire did and hold out hope for a better job. It worked out for Sprinkle and it can work out for Logie too

I think his hesitation is just a barganing ploy. He's gone and he knows it. He just wants the best offer he can get and still let MSU down easy. MSU made an offer, he has to consider that before he moves on, but he is moving on. It's not apples and oranges, it's apples and peanuts. If he had no intentions of taking the job, then why apply?

WSU wanting Logie should make it obvious to all how bad our head coach is. Nobody wants him. Griz need new hire in both MBB and WBB. Holsinger can recruit but sucks at coaching. No defense and a team that takes 65% of its shots from 3 pt.

WSU wanting Logie should make it obvious to all how bad our head coach is. Nobody wants him. Griz need new hire in both MBB and WBB. Holsinger can recruit but sucks at coaching. No defense and a team that takes 65% of its shots from 3 pt.
I don't think Holsinger is that bad. He inherited a train wreck and it was obviously gonna take time to turn things around. I think the Lady Griz could be the preseason favorites by the time we get to next year

Boy what a gift from God for the cats. I would've loved to have heard the discussions with Logie and why he ultimately decided to say no. I have to think its either because of the state of peril of the WSU athletic department or he felt bad about bailing on the cats after only one year. Or perhaps a combination of both

I would have to think that David Riley is in the drivers seat to get the job now. He's not gonna give a shit about WSU's problems because Eastern is one of the few places that's in worst shape than Wazzu.
I think he may ultimately get it, but I don't think he is next or even next to next on the candidate list for WSU.

Over on the EWU forum, they are saying that Riley has agreed to terms with Washington State. They are now speculating on who their next coach might be and how many of their guys will be hitting the portal.

Buckle up this thing is just getting started.

David Riley to Wazzu. Of course he wasn’t gonna pass on it cause Eastern is one of the few places in the country that’s in worse shape than WSU. Please take all your players with ya too!

I don't think Holsinger is that bad. He inherited a train wreck and it was obviously gonna take time to turn things around. I think the Lady Griz could be the preseason favorites by the time we get to next year
If the LG were a train wreck when Holsinger came, then the train wreck had already improved under Petrino. How can you say the LG may be preseason favorites next year. The LG lost 3 of their top players who exhausted eligibility. One of the top remaining players, who would have become a starter, has gone to the Portal. Another contributor has gone to the Portal. Some of the injured players may not be able to return or be ready for the start of next season. On the best returning starter was a Petrino recruit.

H has been at UM for 3 full seasons. He's won one conference tourney game. The LG had a better season this year, but 4 of the top players will be gone next year. Yes, there's the Portal. I will certainly wait to see what comes from the Portal, because talking about preseason conference favorites.

This is the type of cheerleading on Holsinger that drives me nuts. It's unrealistic.

Quoted below is what Oregon St Fan said on March 25. Things have gotten worse since then.

"Looking at the roster (scholarship players) for next year:

PG - Konig, Donarski
SG - Stump, Wacker
SF - Bruno, Huard, Lincoln
PF - Bartsch, Waddington
C - Pirog, Greenslade

Obviously a few players can play multiple positions. Multiple players coming off major knee injuries (including mid-season for Stump and Greenslade), so who knows when they’ll be 100%.

Looking at what we need:
- Definitely a post player. Greenslade is very injury prone and Pirog hasn’t shown she’s capable of being the go-to post player yet.
- Maybe a shooter? Maybe a PG to replace Marxen (Sheffey from San Diego is really good)? Another big?

Of course we still have no idea who else will leave."

Back