• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Maine at Weber State Playoff Game

I think Maine made a mistake not using its successful running game more. Seems they gain good rushing yardage & switch to the pass w/ poor results. OTOH, Weber doesn't have a good rushing game, but a better passing game.

Not going for 2 in this situation. Big f'ing balls! Weber fans may get their wish and keep their coach the next few years for that decision.

Ursus1 said:
Why kick the extra point down by 2 in a low scoring game about to enter the 4th quarter. Stupid

I think it boils down to many coaches won't go for 2 until the 4th qtr because they don't want to end up chasing points they might miss out on if going for 2 early. And I know, they are in the boat anyway with the missed xp.

December football requires a dominating running game and defense....always has.

Both defenses have shown up...

You're right grizindabox, but you dang well better be sure your kicker makes that every time. Problem here is Tuttle makes that kick 99% of the time. That miss hurt huge.

Tacoma5 said:
You're right grizindabox, but you dang well better be sure your kicker makes that every time. Problem here is Tuttle makes that kick 99% of the time. That miss hurt huge.

How does that miss hurt in that stage of a low scoring game? Lose by 1 instead of by 2? Get the 2 and 2 extend game if defenses continue to play well. Either with the 1 or 2 or 0, a FG wins it. If Maine gets a FG, would have needed a TD either way. If Weber gets a FG a Maine FG wins it regardless of the miss.

grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:
God Weber’s QB is awful.

I know, he threw that ball right through the receivers hands

I wasn’t talking about that one play. He has little/no mobility, he stays in the pocket too long, he misses receives by yards, throws behind them, etc., etc.

Ursus1 said:
Tacoma5 said:

How does that miss hurt in that stage of a low scoring game? Lose by 1 instead of by 2? Get the 2 and 2 extend game if defenses continue to play well. Either with the 1 or 2 or 0, a FG wins it. If Maine gets a FG, would have needed a TD either way. If Weber gets a FG a Maine FG wins it regardless of the miss.

If Maine scores 7 they go up 9 instead of 8 making it a 2 score game instead of a 1 score game.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let me add telegraphs his passes and throws into double and triple coverage regularly to his list of accomplishments...

Back