• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Macey Huard commits

Griz66 said:
Holsinger could sign the top 5 rated recruits in the country and mthoopsfan would still not be happy. Murphy played on a bad UTC team that went 7-23 and UTC played in the Southern Conference which overalll was not very good. Momberg played for a pretty bad UM Western Team.. the 22 and 23 recruits look pretty good to me but I am sure they will not even be close to the talent that Holsinger cut loose.

Yes, Murphy played on a weaker team, which had to play against better teams. She rebounded well, certainly in some games. I don't recall the stats, but I think she had between 10 and 13 rebounds at least in 4 games. She should be given extra credit for having to rebound on a weaker team against better teams. Why can't you give her credit? Why do you have to keep undercutting her accomplishments? The new coach won a couple more conferences games than the prior coach, and was one and done at the conference tourney. And, guys like you, are so enamoured with the new coach, that you praised his "great" success. Had Fatkin not fallen in his lap, the season would have been worse.

And for the record, this is what I said when the new coach came.

"We shall see how many first team all-conference players that the new coach brings in this year. Again, I expect the new coach to do well".

Holsinger and staff are killing it IMHO.
Class of 22. Two top ESPN 150 recruits. One of those top 100.
Class of 23. Over #1 recruit for state of Colorado and #4 for state of Wisconsin (#1 recruit going to UCONN)
I'd say he has the Lady Griz on track to reclaim their reputation as a mid-major power. Should be really exciting to watch how all these legit D1 recruits develop.

Mousegriz said:
Griz66 said:
Holsinger could sign the top 5 rated recruits in the country and mthoopsfan would still not be happy. Murphy played on a bad UTC team that went 7-23 and UTC played in the Southern Conference which overalll was not very good. Momberg played for a pretty bad UM Western Team.. the 22 and 23 recruits look pretty good to me but I am sure they will not even be close to the talent that Holsinger cut loose.

If the "Hoopsfan 6" hadn't been fired there wouldn't be room for at least a couple of these signees. They may not plan out but I'm more excited about the Huard sisters than the Schweyen sisters and several of the other signees over Murphy and Momberg. If those 4 (who were he other 2 that were fired anyway?) were still on the roster.....wouldn't the number and quality of this year's signees be lower.

Had the new coach kept some of the 6, he could have properly evaluated them and then made the proper changes. He would have kept Murphy, and it looks like she would have contributed last season. My whole point was he didn't need to get rid of 6 players, without time to properly evaluate them. He could have talked to several of them, and there would have been little or know complaint from me. You don't need to get rid of 6 players, to bring in recruits for play 2 years later. Jeez, the new coach did something unprecedented in college basketball, and something that was not necessary, and you want to defend it.

mthoopsfan said:
Griz66 said:

Yes, Murphy played on a weaker team, which had to play against better teams. She rebounded well, certainly in some games. I don't recall the stats, but I think she had between 10 and 13 rebounds at least in 4 games. She should be given extra credit for having to rebound on a weaker team against better teams. Why can't you give her credit? Why do you have to keep undercutting her accomplishments? The new coach won a couple more conferences games than the prior coach, and was one and done at the conference tourney. And, guys like you, are so enamoured with the new coach, that you praised his "great" success. Had Fatkin not fallen in his lap, the season would have been worse.

Someday you'll get a clue.....in the meantime these stats you're throwing out for ONE of SIX "fired" players are pretty hilarious. How about last year's stats on the other 5?

Grizrunr said:
Holsinger and staff are killing it IMHO.
Class of 22. Two top ESPN 150 recruits. One of those top 100.
Class of 23. Over #1 recruit for state of Colorado and #4 for state of Wisconsin (#1 recruit going to UCONN)
I'd say he has the Lady Griz on track to reclaim their reputation as a mid-major power. Should be really exciting to watch how all these legit D1 recruits develop.

Did they kill it last year, with a one and done at the conference tourney, and only a couple more conference wins? That's your idea of killing it? You have low standards.

Mousegriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

Someday you'll get a clue.....in the meantime these stats you're throwing out for ONE of SIX "fired" players are pretty hilarious. How about last year's stats on the other 5?

Okay, explain how getting rid of Murphy helped the team last year, and for the future? How did the 2 foreign recruits, who hardly played, help the team last year? How will the one who already left the team, help the team for the future (other than opening up another spot)? How come the team didn't win a game at the conference tourney? How come a number of basketball people in Butte/Anaconda didn't think much of the coach when he was there?

mthoopsfan said:
Mousegriz said:

Okay, explain how getting rid of Murphy helped the team last year, and for the future? Opened up a spot for several seemingly better players that are now signed. Allowed development of a couple true frosh who will have better careers than she'll have. How did the 2 foreign recruits, who hardly played, help the team last year? Gave you some material to carry on your weak argument that the new coach "Massacred" the program! How will the one who already left the team, help the team for the future (other than opening up another spot)?About as much as the 4 of 6 who will probably never play another college game! How come the team didn't win a game at the conference tourney? They lost the one they were in and didn't get a chance to play another! :D How come a number of basketball people in Butte/Anaconda didn't think much of the coach when he was there? Basketball people in Butte and Anaconda? Wasn't that a few years ago? Do people change or grow over time?

And what were the 2021/2022 college basketball stats of all 6 players that Holsinger fired?

Know you've got two of them memorized....the other 4 are much easier!

Mousegriz said:
mthoopsfan said:
Okay, explain how getting rid of Murphy helped the team last year, and for the future? Opened up a spot for several seemingly better players that are now signed. Allowed development of a couple true frosh who will have better careers than she'll have. How did the 2 foreign recruits, who hardly played, help the team last year? Gave you some material to carry on your weak argument that the new coach "Massacred" the program! How will the one who already left the team, help the team for the future (other than opening up another spot)?About as much as the 4 of 6 who will probably never play another college game! How come the team didn't win a game at the conference tourney? They lost the one they were in and didn't get a chance to play another! :D How come a number of basketball people in Butte/Anaconda didn't think much of the coach when he was there? Basketball people in Butte and Anaconda? Wasn't that a few years ago? Do people change or grow over time?

And what were the 2021/2022 college basketball stats of all 6 players that Holsinger fired?

No, you answer the other questions. Murphy would have helped the LG last season. She might have gotten LG over the hump. The new coach you are apparently in love with, screwed up. He brought in at least one other weak player, who left. Another screw up.

Here are Momberg's stats. Note she got off to a bad start by having a death in the family after the first game or two, and going home for almost 2 weeks.

5.4 per game in 18 minutes. 44% from field and 35% from 3. 72% free throws. More assists than TO.

Which frosh the coach kept, and which frosh the coach brought in as his recruit, had better stats?

Answer: None.

Huard started 21 games and averaged 5.4. Tsineke started 13 games and averaged 5.3. Morris-Nelson and Bartsch averaged 3.9. Tsineke, Morris-Nelson, Bartsch, Keller, Frolich and Albrecht averaged, from three, 31, 27, 25, 17, 0, and 25. The two foreign frosh shot 33 (1-3) and 0.

mthoopsfan said:
Mousegriz said:

No, you answer the other questions. Murphy would have helped the LG last season. She might have gotten LG over the hump. The new coach you are apparently in love with, screwed up. He brought in at least one other weak player, who left. Another screw up.

Here are Momberg's stats. Note she got off to a bad start by having a death in the family after the first game or two, and going home for almost 2 weeks.

5.4 per game in 18 minutes. 44% from field and 35% from 3. 72% free throws. More assists than TO.

Which frosh the coach kept, and which frosh the coach brought in as his recruit, had better stats?

Huard started 21 games and averaged 5.4. Tsineke started 13 games and averaged 5.3. Morris-Nelson and Bartsch averaged 3.9. Tsineke, Morris-Nelson, Bartsch, Keller, Frolich and Albrecht averaged, from three, 31, 27, 25, 17, 0, and 25. The two foreign frosh shot 33 (1-3) and 0.

Honestly, why is this still even a thing.

Momberg averaged 5 points at an naia school. Why is this even being compared to lady griz stats? This coach will have the lady griz back onTop in a big hurry. Impressive recruiting. Hard to win season one with a new team

grizindabox said:
mthoopsfan said:

Honestly, why is this still even a thing.

Because Mouse re-raised the subject and asked for stats.

TTDWOLFF said:
Momberg averaged 5 points at an naia school. Why is this even being compared to lady griz stats? This coach will have the lady griz back onTop in a big hurry. Impressive recruiting. Hard to win season one with a new team

Because a Griz poster asked. Consider paying attention before you post.

mthoopsfan, I have nothing at all against either Murphy or Momberg, I wish them nothing but the past in the future,. To ccmpare what Murphy did for a well below average 7-23 UTC team and what Momberg did for an NAIA team compared to what you think they would have done for the Lady Griz is by no means comparing apples to apples. Further I would be shocked if Holsinger made these "firings" in a vacuum, he almost certainly had input from Jordan Sullivan and others associated with the program. Holsinger may turn out not to be what many of us think he is or can be but right now it looks like things are on an upswing and recruiting is going well for 22 and 23.

mthoopsfan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
I would argue that purging the program wasn't all about the short term. But you have your opinion and should give yourself a pat on the back.

Murphy had 150% of the rebounds that the two frosh the new coach kept and the 2 new frosh brought in by the new coach, combined. Nice trade for the new coach. Who needs rebounds anyway?

Quite an assumption that a player purged from the program would get enough floor time to make any more of an impact than the frosh on the roster.

maroonandsilver said:
citay said:
https://twitter.com/brockhuard/status/1500207073090363393?lang=en

Amazing!

Truly amazing. And what's remarkable is how quickly she just jumped back into the face of the inbounder. That is some serious court awareness.

mthoopsfan said:
Mousegriz said:

No, you answer the other questions.

I did!

Huard started 20 more games as true frosh at UM than Momberg did at UM Western last year. Momberg played in 22 of 29 games at Western last year. Started one. The team went 15 - 14 for the season.

I'm still waiting on stats for the other 4 fired players during their 202-2022 seasons! Mo burgers served per game....stuff like that!!

Back