• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Lucas Semb

EverettGriz said:
mthoopsfan said:
Fox settled for $787 million. No trial cost. Not a bunch of continuing bad press. Fox didn't admit any wrongdoing; only acknowledged what judge had said. Fox had about $14 Billion of revenue last year, and $4.6 Billion of revenue last quarter. I read that Fox has cash on hand to pay the settlement. Some of the liberal press is bummed that the case settled.

They admitted no wrong-doing in the settlement, of course. But anyone reading the depos in this case simply could not make that claim. They absolutely admitted wrong doing, and would have had to do so on the witness stand as well, which is why they settled.

You just hit the nail on the head as to the difference between conservatives and liberals: conservatives acknowledge poor judgment under oath, and liberals never admit to anything under oath, but surprisingly will to hidden cameras.

horribilisfan8184 said:
EverettGriz said:
They admitted no wrong-doing in the settlement, of course. But anyone reading the depos in this case simply could not make that claim. They absolutely admitted wrong doing, and would have had to do so on the witness stand as well, which is why they settled.

You just hit the nail on the head as to the difference between conservatives and liberals: conservatives acknowledge poor judgment under oath, and liberals never admit to anything under oath, but surprisingly will to hidden cameras.

OFFS

mtgriz said:
mthoopsfan said:
Fox settled for $787 million. No trial cost. Not a bunch of continuing bad press. Fox didn't admit any wrongdoing; only acknowledged what judge had said. Fox had about $14 Billion of revenue last year, and $4.6 Billion of revenue last quarter. I read that Fox has cash on hand to pay the settlement. Some of the liberal press is bummed that the case settled.

"And now we return to our regular programming of lying and gaslighting"
Yes, switch over to MSNBC and CNN for the Real Truth and DNC propaganda.

mthoopsfan said:
GrizMania said:
Speaking of lies about elections...how'd that Dominian vs Fox go?

There was chatter that Fox allowed various Trump types to come on the air to push the stolen and Dominion machine things, in order to not lose a large chunk of viewers to rival conservative networks. If that was true, Fox made a great business decision. Paying .75 billion once to keep probably billions of revenue per quarter.

kemajic said:
mtgriz said:
"And now we return to our regular programming of lying and gaslighting"

I do watch both of those channels among others. I don’t have to switch because I never fell for Fox.

And until they agree to pay 700+ million dollars to a victim of their propaganda, and are exposed by their own emails of a business strategy of lying as a profit center, I will continue to do so.

And I’m cool with you watching whatever channels you want as well.

Holy shit I come back here to see what’s next for Lucas Semb and I open this absolute dumpster fire….seriously what possesses some of you to fuck up threads so badly? Have your little spats through private messaging please.

mtgriz said:
kemajic said:

I do watch both of those channels among others. I don’t have to switch because I never fell for Fox.

And until they agree to pay 700+ million dollars to a victim of their propaganda, and are exposed by their own emails of a business strategy of lying as a profit center, I will continue to do so.

It will take Fox about 6 days to make enough revenue to pay the settlement amount. A drop in the bucket.

mthoopsfan said:
mtgriz said:

It will take Fox about 6 days to make enough revenue to pay the settlement amount. A drop in the bucket.

:lol:

Yeah, a liiiiiiitle longer than that. The entire Fox organization (not just fox news) had total net income of $308 million in fiscal year 2022. So the entire entity basically paid 3 years of net income to settle a demation suit. Can they weather it? Yes. Will it sting. Absolutely.

https://investor.foxcorporation.com/static-files/2a9f5b31-697e-4892-8c20-27ef1e9f35ea

horribilisfan8184 said:
EverettGriz said:

🤣🤣🤣

EverettGriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

Yeah, a liiiiiiitle longer than that. The entire Fox organization (not just fox news) had total net income of $308 million in fiscal year 2022. So the entire entity basically paid 3 years of net income to settle a demation suit. Can they weather it? Yes. Will it sting. Absolutely.

https://investor.foxcorporation.com/static-files/2a9f5b31-697e-4892-8c20-27ef1e9f35ea

The settlement will not be paid out of net income. No settlement ever is. And, net income for Fox for the twelve months ending December 31, 2022 was $1.507 Billion. As I said, it will take 6 days to make enough revenue to pay for the settlement, based on last quarter's revenue.

You really don't understand business or financial statements, do you? Most Dems don't. That's a huge problem in our country.

mthoopsfan said:
EverettGriz said:

The settlement will not be paid out of net income. No settlement ever is. And, net income for Fox for the twelve months ending December 31, 2022 was $1.507 Billion. As I said, it will take 6 days to make enough revenue to pay for the settlement, based on last quarter's revenue.

You really don't understand business or financial statements, do you? Most Dems don't. That's a huge problem in our country.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG. If you only knew....

Dude, I included FOX's OWN legally required 10-K filings. But if you don't believe me, you can research it yourself on EDGAR. If you know how, which I highly doubt based on your post above.

Now, I suppose it's certainly possible FOX is lying on their 10-Ks as badly as they lied about the "stolen" election, but if that's the case, they have far, far, far bigger problems than losing 3 years of net income to a defamation settlement.

As for your ridiculous statement about whether the settlement will be paid out of current income, I can't believe I even need to explain it, but I'll give it my best shot and here goes: Of COURSE they're not paying it out of current net income, because there isn't ENOUGH of it to do so. It will take nearly 3 years (as proven above with their own financial statements) to earn the money to pay the settlement. It will be paid with assets on hand. Yes, the corporation has enough to do so. Yes, it will hurt them. Bad.

Stick to what you know.

mtgriz said:
kemajic said:

You will remain so well informed.

EverettGriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG. If you only knew....

Dude, I included FOX's OWN legally required 10-K filings. But if you don't believe me, you can research it yourself on EDGAR. If you know how, which I highly doubt based on your post above.

Now, I suppose it's certainly possible FOX is lying on their 10-Ks as badly as they lied about the "stolen" election, but if that's the case, they have far, far, far bigger problems than losing 3 years of net income to a defamation settlement.

As for your ridiculous statement about whether the settlement will be paid out of current income, I can't believe I even need to explain it, but I'll give it my best shot and here goes: Of COURSE they're not paying it out of current net income, because there isn't ENOUGH of it to do so. It will take nearly 3 years (as proven above with their own financial statements) to earn the money to pay the settlement. It will be paid with assets on hand. Yes, the corporation has enough to do so. Yes, it will hurt them. Bad.

Stick to what you know.

You are a true financial idiot. I was a financial and securities lawyer and prepared 10-K's for a living for 45 years. Fox Net Income for the 2022 fiscal year was $1.23 Billion, and for the 2021 fiscal year was $2.2 Billion. The Fox fiscal year ends on June 30. Look at the MDA under Results of Operation on p. 38 in the 10-K. https://investor.foxcorporation.com/static-files/60b7071b-357d-47e3-9f05-1fb4a0cc3ec3

Above, I gave the figure for the 2022 "calendar year", which obviously ended on Dec. 31, 2022. My figure was correct. "What is Fox News net income for 2022?
Fox net income for the twelve months ending December 31, 2022 was $1.507B, a 4.94% increase year-over-year. Fox annual net income for 2022 was $1.205B, a 43.95% decline from 2021."

The figure you used is from the QUARTER ended Dec. 31, 2022. A quarter is 1/4 of a year, not a year. The below quote is from the headline of the link you provided.

"FOX REPORTS FOURTH QUARTER FISCAL 2022
REVENUES OF $3.03 BILLION,
NET INCOME OF $308 MILLION,"

Also, a 10-K is an annual report, not a quarterly or interim report. The link you provided was to a quarterly earnings report, not a 10-K. Obviously, you don't know the difference.

It looks like you you need to "stick to what you know". Again, you are a financial IDIOT. And you don't even know how to read. Think "quarter".

My god, this further proves my point the Dems don't understand business and can't read a financial statement.

I will wait for your concession speech and apology.

Also, revenues are a higher top line number than net income. Thus, settlements are paid out of revenue, or operating revenue, not out of net income. Net income has taxes and other things take out of it.

By the way, I took accounting from Stanford Business School. How about you?

poorgriz said:
hubcap said:
Everett just got OWNED!!

Ya. Sometimes I really dislike siding with PR but he is spot on here and destroying Everett. Silly Dems.

As it is baseball season, I'll use the analogy "He knocked Everett out of the park!"
Ya gotta know who you are arguing with. Now he knows. That one had to hurt. Drinky-poo Everett? :beer:

3-7-77 said:
poorgriz said:
Ya. Sometimes I really dislike siding with PR but he is spot on here and destroying Everett. Silly Dems.

As it is baseball season, I'll use the analogy "He knocked Everett out of the park!"
Ya gotta know who you are arguing with. Now he knows. That one had to hurt. Drinky-poo Everett? :beer:

Nah, he’ll come back with something like, that’s not what I meant, or,, the GOP is bad…

mthoopsfan said:
[*]
Griz Addict said:
Right? They just canceled tik tok in Montana, they canceled every book that doesn't fit their agenda, they're canceling beers. The right attempts to cancel anything that doesn't align with their beliefs and anything that calls out their stupidity.

Banning a Chinese products that can collect data and is deemed to be a security risk, is not cancelling. You don't know what canceling is. "Canceling and cancel culture have to do with the removing of support for public figures in response to their objectionable behavior or opinions. This can include boycotts or refusal to promote their work."

"Australia has become the latest country to ban TikTok from federal government devices, as concerns grow over the privacy and security of the Chinese-owned video-sharing app.

The United States, Canada, Britain and New Zealand - which form with Australia the so-called "Five Eyes" intelligence-sharing partners - have all taken similar steps against TikTok in recent weeks"

"EU bans TikTok from official devices across all three government institutions"

"On Monday, the White House directed federal agencies to remove TikTok from all government-issued devices within 30 days, with few exceptions.

The move added to growing efforts by the United States to clampdown on the app amid renewed security concerns."

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/28/tech/tiktok-eu-ban-intl-hnk/index.html

Yeah because the powers I charge aren't scared of data. They seen how tik tok brings people together and they don't want the people to stand up for themselves. Weird how it wasn't an issue until recently, when more people have been talking about how the system is bullshit.

I watched the court proceedings. It's complete bullshit and our politicians looked/sounded like fools. Gotta keep the sheep in line!

Latest posts

Back