• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Lucas Johnson Scouting Report?

Mavman said:
Cowboys84 said:
Wonder if coach bobby is still searching the portal for yet another fbs drop down...or is he cashing in all his poker chips on Trey being the real deal?

Who is Trey

Lucas "Trey" johnson, the 3rd choice and future starting quarterback of THE Montana grizzlies, after the transfer quarterbacks from University of northern Iowa, and Colorado state said "thanks, but no thanks" and bolted to other programs.

Cowboys84 said:
Mavman said:
Who is Trey

Lucas "Trey" johnson, the 3rd choice and future starting quarterback of THE Montana grizzlies, after the transfer quarterbacks from University of northern Iowa, and Colorado state said "thanks, but no thanks" and bolted to other programs.
I would tell you that you're gonna be so mad when he beats your team, but you still seem too scared to tell us who your team is. :lol:

Cowboys84 said:
Mavman said:
Who is Trey

Can you even imagine if we had to go Sixx deep to land a head coach? A transfer QB is one thing, but it's crazy to think about how nobody would take the Bozeman State job when offered. I was half-tempted to throw my hat into the ring. Maybe get the job and tank the program. Could've had a statue on campus.

Cowboys84 said:
Mavman said:
Who is Trey

Johnson's been BH's #1 ever since he recruited him in San Diego. The portal kid from Wyoming never even made our list.

Cowboys84 said:
Mavman said:
Who is Trey

Putting multiple feelers and offers out doesn’t make him our third choice. He has zero control over other offers or when they choose to make their decision. Keep up the yeoman’s work though. You’ll figure it out eventually.

AZGrizFan said:
Cowboys84 said:

Putting multiple feelers and offers out doesn’t make him our third choice. He has zero control over other offers or when they choose to make their decision. Keep up the yeoman’s work though. You’ll figure it out eventually.

At least two people who had offers said no publicly before he took the offer...

I was trying to be generous by saying he was the third choice, but if you want to put it out there that he was further down the list than go for it.👍👍

Cowboys84 said:
AZGrizFan said:

so what? Even if one of them had said yes, if HE said yes he’d come in as the clear front runner. You don’t think Bobby should have had a backup plan in case Johnson said no? You are dumber than I thought.

Your “logic” (and I use that word VERY loosely) would imply that NDSU only recruits ONE player for each position because godforfuckingBID they put out multiple feelers and recruit multiple kids. Apparently everyone who gets an offer from NDSU says yes?

Cowboys84 said:
AZGrizFan said:

I was trying to be generous by saying he was the third choice, but if you want to put it out there that he was further down the list than go for it.👍👍

Who had offers and publicly said no? Names and links please.

Cowboys84 said:
Mavman said:
Who is Trey

Johnson was the no. 1 choice.

mthoopsfan said:
Cowboys84 said:

Will mcelvain of northern Iowa had a offer from montana and accepted an offer from central arkansas, Todd centeio of Colorado state had and offer from the grizzlies and accepted an offer from James Madison before Trey was offered.

Just go thru one of the numerous recruiting threads over here...

Cowboys84 said:
mthoopsfan said:

Will mcelvain of northern Iowa had a offer from montana and accepted an offer from central arkansas, Todd centeio of Colorado state had and offer from the grizzlies and accepted an offer from James Madison before Trey was offered.

Wow, you care a LOT about the Griz. Typical Bizon/Cat fan. Obsessed with all things Griz. Pretty cute when you think about it.

Cowboys84 said:
mthoopsfan said:

And you don't know what was offered or whether it was just expressed interest. Do you actually believe what you read in kid's tweets promoting themselves? BH has thrown out a lot of partial and preferred walk-on offers with the schollie shortage and has done amazingly well in spite of. Johnson was full ride from the getgo. The UNI guy would never have stacked up even against our young QBs.

mthoopsfan said:
Cowboys84 said:

Johnson was the no. 1 choice.

Nope.

kemajic said:
Cowboys84 said:
Johnson will shred the BSC this fall. BH has been after him since HS and never lost contact. That's what a #1 is.

I remember you saying how terrific of a receiving corps the gris had, even after toure left for Nebraska...

Don't really take a lot of stock in your opinion of evaluating talent.... Only one gris made this list and that's honorable mention.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://bigskyconf.com/news/2021/11/22/big-sky-announces-2021-all-conference-football-teams-and-individual-awards.aspx&ved=2ahUKEwitufSs7-71AhVVjIkEHeroCWgQFnoECAMQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3w1rfB7OtdxQGj3J-lAf9l

Cowboys84 said:
kemajic said:
Johnson will shred the BSC this fall. BH has been after him since HS and never lost contact. That's what a #1 is.

I remember you saying how terrific of a receiving corps the gris had, even after toure left for Nebraska...

Don't really take a lot of stock in your opinion of evaluating talent.... Only one gris made this list and that's honorable mention.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://bigskyconf.com/news/2021/11/22/big-sky-announces-2021-all-conference-football-teams-and-individual-awards.aspx&ved=2ahUKEwitufSs7-71AhVVjIkEHeroCWgQFnoECAMQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3w1rfB7OtdxQGj3J-lAf9l

More a function of who was throwing them the ball.

And THAT problem has been solved. :thumb: :thumb:

Can we just ban this guy already? If he can’t even make a factual statement about why McElvain and Centeio are both better than Johnson than I see no reason why he should be allowed to post anymore.

uofmman1122 said:
Cowboys84 said:
I would tell you that you're gonna be so mad when he beats your team, but you still seem too scared to tell us who your team is. :lol:

Here's a hint.... My team has at least two guys who have already been invited to the nfl combine this year.... Another reason for the gris to be green with envy...👍👍

Griz til I die said:
Can we just ban this guy already? If he can’t even make a factual statement about why McElvain and Centeio are both better than Johnson than I see no reason why he should be allowed to post anymore.

How many times have you stated a post with "in my opinion"?...

That's exactly what this is... My opinion...

Back