• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Loved this Stitt Quote....

HookedonGriz

DONOR
When asked at the presser, "Coach do you talk to Jerry about going out of bounds more?"

Stitt says, "One of the things I told our coaches is not to coach him too much because that will make him mortal. We love what Jerry is doing and don't want him thinking about it too much just get him the ball and let him do what he does."

I liked everything about that.

That's perfect. I liked seeing Jerry step out too, no need to take the hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JLM got smacked by #99 nose tackle on inside cut, thought they would be picking pieces up. JLM popped up, no problem. Amazing courage by the little guy. Lyons looks solid enough to give JLM a breather here and there.

Last two plays at CP that JLM got the ball he looked gassed. Coaches should let him play his game, but monitor touches would be nice to keep him somewhat healthy. He is a sparkplug not a mule.

A full back is always moving towards the opposing play, blasting through the collision, which would tend to cause more injuries to all players involved. A zig-zag sytle of player would tend to be moving away from the contact at the time of contact, thus less collision and more redirecting. JLM looks like he his taking hard hits because he gets thrown back dramatically,

The only coaching I would do is "situational awareness", which Belichick instills so well. For instance, on a crucial third or fourth down and six pass caught seven yards from LOS, head upfield without the shake and bake.

Another quote I really liked was when asked about returning home for the next three games, Stitt says he wants the fan support to be the cherry on top, not the reason they are winning games. Goal is to play the same at home or road.

agree that lyons is a very good player to spell jlm......lyons completely different type of runner and that is not all bad when they have had a steady diet of jlm......I believe I read that lyons is the fastest of the running backs, if not on the whole team.....anyway, imo, play him a little more.....go griz !

krammer said:
agree that lyons is a very good player to spell jlm......lyons completely different type of runner and that is not all bad when they have had a steady diet of jlm......I believe I read that lyons is the fastest of the running backs, if not on the whole team.....anyway, imo, play him a little more.....go griz !

Except Lyons is a wide receiver...

Htowngriz said:
krammer said:

Except Lyons is a wide receiver...

well, my point was spell jlm who is also a receiver....for that matter lyons could run with most of the receivers as well....I know lyons is the slot receiver as is jlm, just not worded as well as it could have been.....they are both fast....

Latest posts

Back