• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Lacking Fans/Poor Pre-Game

kemajic said:
EverettGriz said:
Ah. I think it's clear to me now. Questioning conservative thought is "cancel culture", whatever the [#]f### that is. Questioning liberal thought is free speech. Got it. :roll:
It's not about "questioning" conservative thought, it's about removing it, removing its speakers from campuses, sometimes violently. That is suppression, not free speech. Any example of that happening to liberal speech or speakers on campuses? Didn't think so.

I understand what Kem is saying, but just because I ramble about whatever thought / idea comes into my mind doesn't mean that I'm protected from the consequences of my actions. I mean, I could tell my boss to take a hike while screaming bible verses in their office, but that doesn't protect me getting to stay there.

I guess you could argue that campus is a public institution and therefore has public access, but that still doesn't mean you don't get kicked out if people decide you are a nuisance.

I'm also curious if there are more examples than just the one specific one I'm thinking about from a few years back (the university electing not to have a speaker come in based upon their views). If these indeed were more than just a handful of folks, I'd be genuinely curious to learn.

GrizLA said:
CDAGRIZ said:
That’s cool to hear. Do you ever hear from Coastal Carolina fans wishing they would move back down to FCS?
You would be surprised to know that most Carolinians see Coastal as the "safe school' for those who could not get into a traditional state school. It is a party place and the attendance at games is poor. I went to one game last year and if you think UM has a dismal game day pregame environment, you are nuts! A game in Missoula is like a Vegas revue compared to Coastal with attendance weak at best.

That’s interesting. I wonder if it would be better if they moved back down to FCS to rile up the base.

I believe a way to entertaine and a way to get fans back in their seats is to have the cheer squad and maybe Monty lead the stadium in a rousing chant of "Let's go Brandon". I for one would be highly entertained and would add value to the stadium experience. :lol: :clap: :clap: :lol:

MontanaJack2006 said:

Damn. Sorry about that. And to think I was just attempting to provide some examples which were requested by someone who claimed none existed. Freakin’ Astley. It’s been almost 20 years, and he’s still at it!

CDAGRIZ said:
MontanaJack2006 said:
Those links got me Rick-rolled, all of them.

Damn. Sorry about that. And to think I was just attempting to provide some examples which were requested by someone who claimed none existed. Freakin’ Astley. It’s been almost 20 years, and he’s still at it!

It's okay. HR manager at work got me to click on a benefits link a while back that sent me to meatspin. I click on anything, and I mean anything

CDAGRIZ said:
GrizLA said:
You would be surprised to know that most Carolinians see Coastal as the "safe school' for those who could not get into a traditional state school. It is a party place and the attendance at games is poor. I went to one game last year and if you think UM has a dismal game day pregame environment, you are nuts! A game in Missoula is like a Vegas revue compared to Coastal with attendance weak at best.

That’s interesting. I wonder if it would be better if they moved back down to FCS to rile up the base.
Not a chance! After all, this is the South. Football, bbq and God, preferably waving a flag. There is no "base" as you know it. The Teal carpet is an attention getter but who would give up a Sat afternoon with Coastal when Clemson and USC are putting on a couple of the great shows in the SE. Nobody much pays attention to Coastal even though they are now a top 25. Myrtle Beach is known for a lot of things but football is not one of them.

futuregrizer said:
I believe a way to entertaine and a way to get fans back in their seats is to have the cheer squad and maybe Monty lead the stadium in a rousing chant of "Let's go Brandon". I for one would be highly entertained and would add value to the stadium experience. :lol: :clap: :clap: :lol:

Build Back, Better! certainly applies more toward UM than the mindless chat picked up from talk radio.

futuregrizer said:

So, in other words, you want the cheer squad and Monte to lead the stadium in a "F*CK JOE BIDEN" chant?

That's a bold strategy.

wbtfg said:
futuregrizer said:

So, in other words, you want the cheer squad and Monte to lead the stadium in a "F*CK JOE BIDEN" chant?

That's a bold strategy.

Bingo!

Lets get it rollin' now!

F*CK JOE BIDEN! F*CK JOE BIDEN! F*CK JOE BIDEN! F*CK JOE BIDEN! F*CK JOE BIDEN! F*CK JOE BIDEN!
Oh, I forgot: FTC!

3-7-77 said:
Lets get it rollin' now!

F*CK JOE BIDEN! F*CK JOE BIDEN! F*CK JOE BIDEN! F*CK JOE BIDEN! F*CK JOE BIDEN! F*CK JOE BIDEN!

I don't want to be the same place you are....

3-7-77 said:
Lets get it rollin' now!

You've done poorly in school, it is plain to see. The internet is ideal for children like you.

3-7-77 said:
Lets get it rollin' now!

OMG! You must be a hater. You have a different opinion. You must be attacked. You must be marginalized. You must be labeled. You must be canceled.
I graduated from U of M. I have a masters degree in Marxism. I like to spike trees. I like to punish American forest product workers. I have a seat in Brandon's cabinet. :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol:

3-7-77 said:
Lets get it rollin' now!

You should see the tailgate behind the tennis courts/pool area. I think “Let’s go Brandon” pregame flag raising would be a good start. Cause that’s football related.

Personally, I think that a wet t-shirt dance off at the end of halftime would put butts in the stands for the third quarter.

I think what we are experiencing is a total shift. I look back at the 2001 team and that era and I remember Griz football games feeling like Christmas does to a kid. Now...it's still Christmas, but we've changed as individuals and as a society. The physical changes have come year by year - bag searches and lines to get in, the long lines and greater expense all around. Since roughly 2016, people have become ardently divided and less trusting of one another. Rather than excitedly jumping out of bed and eagerly unwrapping packages, we are the Christmas grown-ups now. We have to remember a clear bag, no liquids, give yourself plenty of time to wait in several lines, and plan to spend more money. We are less openly friendly with the genuine comeraderie that came with wearing maroon together. We are more separated now. Then there's Covid. It has deteriorated the collective mental health of society; literally. It is raging at it's worst here in Montana right now. We've been angrily fighting about masks and vaccines, living with fears and uncertaintly. In the past we didn't debate whether we should even be in a crowd, whether we should wear a mask, wonder if people are judging us if we wear one or if we don't, feeling anxiety after the game over the possibility of spreading or catching the virus. Most people are experiencing some sort of financial insecurity, even if it's fear-based or imagined. As with the Griz games, "going out" and doing things just doesn't feel the same.
I'm hopeful that we can either get the fun back into life or forge a new path to a new kind of fun. Go Griz.

cclarkblues said:
Personally, I think that a wet t-shirt dance off at the end of halftime would put butts in the stands for the third quarter.

You for sure are canceled Terry Bradshaw. On the other hand the missoulian did run an article about the poor Fred’s dancers that will be out of work since they don’t meet the fox club standards.

So, I don’t know anymore.

GGNez said:
I think what we are experiencing is a total shift. I look back at the 2001 team and that era and I remember Griz football games feeling like Christmas does to a kid. Now...it's still Christmas, but we've changed as individuals and as a society. The physical changes have come year by year - bag searches and lines to get in, the long lines and greater expense all around. Since roughly 2016, people have become ardently divided and less trusting of one another. Rather than excitedly jumping out of bed and eagerly unwrapping packages, we are the Christmas grown-ups now. We have to remember a clear bag, no liquids, give yourself plenty of time to wait in several lines, and plan to spend more money. We are less openly friendly with the genuine comeraderie that came with wearing maroon together. We are more separated now. Then there's Covid. It has deteriorated the collective mental health of society; literally. It is raging at it's worst here in Montana right now. We've been angrily fighting about masks and vaccines, living with fears and uncertaintly. In the past we didn't debate whether we should even be in a crowd, whether we should wear a mask, wonder if people are judging us if we wear one or if we don't, feeling anxiety after the game over the possibility of spreading or catching the virus. Most people are experiencing some sort of financial insecurity, even if it's fear-based or imagined. As with the Griz games, "going out" and doing things just doesn't feel the same.
I'm hopeful that we can either get the fun back into life or forge a new path to a new kind of fun. Go Griz.

This is it right here.

I also feel the best fix for what’s got everyone a little down would be a deep December playoff run hosted in WaGriz. Need to get the life back in the fan base. Also how lucky we are to be discussing this topic while comparatively to other fan bases and experiences were still as good as it gets at this level.

Back