• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Kris Klieman

Griz til I die said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
kemajic said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
I’ll start by saying this. I have family in Missoula and have very much enjoyed visiting there. I’m a pretty big outdoors guy and spend a few weeks in Missoula each year fly fishing. It’s a great city.

With that being said, there are some drawbacks to living there. First is cost of living. Absolutely outrageous for what you get. If you are lucky, you can find a house for $250k in Missoula, but it’s going to be an old fixer upper. That kind of money puts you in a brand new house almost anywhere else. Second is the liberalism. It’s kind of nauseating when your local government is comprised of ideological morons. Third is the winter. The grey inversions are depressing for a lot of people.

Personally, if I were to live in Montana it would be Billings. Great economy, affordable housing, and you are a stones throw from anything great outdoor related.
You filled in the blanks beautifully. And 40 miles up the Yellowstone from Billings is even better, looking right up the Stillwater valley to Granite Peak. 30 I-90 min. to the city.

So you have a revenge motive whoever wins the game today; couldn't have scripted that any better. Looking so much like the old Packers. Taylor, Hornung, Kramer, Thurston, Nitschke, Starr.....Go Bison!

Exactly. That area south from Columbus is awesome. Or you can wrap down to the Bighorn Mountains if you want.

NDSU has a serious blow yesterday in losing not only two starters who are dominant cornerbacks, but a really explosive running back in Ty Brooks. On the year, they have had a ton of serious injuries.

Corners- two blown knees yesterday.

Running backs- Starter Lance Dunn, who was having an all American type year, done to hip issue. Purifoy, supposed to be third down back this year, blew out his knee game one. Ty Brooks, just separated his shoulder. Adam Cofield, knee. They are literally down to two guys. That Seth Wilson kid playing yesterday is 18.

Offensive line- starting left tackle Dillon Radutz....had tons of FBS offers including full ride to Missouri. Blew out his knee game one.

Linebackers- two deep lost two guys due to knee injuries. They both starting at one point and were replaces by redshirt freshman Jabril Cox.

Defensive Line- All American defensive end Greg Menard blew out his knee a week before game one.

Significant injuries to a lot of players.
Alumni, no doubt you guys have faced a lot of injuries and are still not skipping a beat. Think of all the depth your building for down the road. But what’s your opinion on Klieman? He’s a hell of a recruiter and a great coach though, but is he here for the duration or do you think it’s only a matter of time until he gets snatched up?

He will be gone at some point. Likely not this year, but I think after Easton graduates he is gone. I truly believe he is a defensive genius when it comes to football.

With that being said, coaches have come and gone at NDSU and it would be a great position for the next guy.

He's lucky to have his job. How do you think ndsu fans would have felt had the starting QB gotten hurt still playing with almost a 40pt lead, reckless.

2011BisonAlumni said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Yes, Missoula sucks and we are glad y'all like Columbus/Stillwater better. Plus, the Clark Fork is a lousy fishery.

I enjoy the scenery of the water around Missoula, but if he’s into fishing, I’d take being on the Yellowstone any day of the week. Actually I’d take the Bighorn over anything in Montana. Unequivocally the best body of water in the state.

Missouri. Factual informed opinion gleaned through over half a century of data collection and analysis...

2011BisonAlumni said:
Griz til I die said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
kemajic said:
You filled in the blanks beautifully. And 40 miles up the Yellowstone from Billings is even better, looking right up the Stillwater valley to Granite Peak. 30 I-90 min. to the city.

So you have a revenge motive whoever wins the game today; couldn't have scripted that any better. Looking so much like the old Packers. Taylor, Hornung, Kramer, Thurston, Nitschke, Starr.....Go Bison!

Exactly. That area south from Columbus is awesome. Or you can wrap down to the Bighorn Mountains if you want.

NDSU has a serious blow yesterday in losing not only two starters who are dominant cornerbacks, but a really explosive running back in Ty Brooks. On the year, they have had a ton of serious injuries.

Corners- two blown knees yesterday.

Running backs- Starter Lance Dunn, who was having an all American type year, done to hip issue. Purifoy, supposed to be third down back this year, blew out his knee game one. Ty Brooks, just separated his shoulder. Adam Cofield, knee. They are literally down to two guys. That Seth Wilson kid playing yesterday is 18.

Offensive line- starting left tackle Dillon Radutz....had tons of FBS offers including full ride to Missouri. Blew out his knee game one.

Linebackers- two deep lost two guys due to knee injuries. They both starting at one point and were replaces by redshirt freshman Jabril Cox.

Defensive Line- All American defensive end Greg Menard blew out his knee a week before game one.

Significant injuries to a lot of players.
Alumni, no doubt you guys have faced a lot of injuries and are still not skipping a beat. Think of all the depth your building for down the road. But what’s your opinion on Klieman? He’s a hell of a recruiter and a great coach though, but is he here for the duration or do you think it’s only a matter of time until he gets snatched up?

He will be gone at some point. Likely not this year, but I think after Easton graduates he is gone. I truly believe he is a defensive genius when it comes to football.

With that being said, coaches have come and gone at NDSU and it would be a great position for the next guy.
Tough job to take on, no place to go but down. Wreck that train and your ass is grass.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Yes, Missoula sucks and we are glad y'all like Columbus/Stillwater better. Plus, the Clark Fork is a lousy fishery.

I enjoy the scenery of the water around Missoula, but if he’s into fishing, I’d take being on the Yellowstone any day of the week. Actually I’d take the Bighorn over anything in Montana. Unequivocally the best body of water in the state.

Missouri. Factual informed opinion gleaned through over half a century of data collection and analysis...

Best fishing and hunting in Montana, is Costco, no gear required, just a grill.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
AllWeatherFan said:

Don’t agree. Wade fishing isn’t as good. Who likes to sit in a boat all day. Fuck that.

grizare#1 said:
He's lucky to have his job. How do you think ndsu fans would have felt had the starting QB gotten hurt still playing with almost a 40pt lead, reckless.
The fact they are looking at three weeks off and wanting to keep him sharp as possible may have had something to do with it.

kemajic said:
grizare#1 said:
The fact they are looking at three weeks off and wanting to keep him sharp as possible may have had something to do with it.

Primarily due to the hit that was completely unnecessary and probably just ended Allison’s career. For the record , he later apologized and said he didn’t mean it.

I think Klieman wants to keep the team sharp and hungry.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
I read someplace the geograpical center of Montana is in a Hoot's pasture 17 miles west of Lewistown. Don't know the accuracy of that bit of useless trivia but I like that part of the state. Great fishing in any direction, lots of game animals if one likes to hunt and still a bit of the old Montana I was raised in. It hasn't been changed too much by the influx of people as so many parts of the state has just in the last twenty years.
If you draw a line thru Havre, Lewistown and Laurel, you have cut the state in nearly exact equivalents.

kemajic said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
I read someplace the geograpical center of Montana is in a Hoot's pasture 17 miles west of Lewistown. Don't know the accuracy of that bit of useless trivia but I like that part of the state. Great fishing in any direction, lots of game animals if one likes to hunt and still a bit of the old Montana I was raised in. It hasn't been changed too much by the influx of people as so many parts of the state has just in the last twenty years.
If you draw a line thru Havre, Lewistown and Laurel, you have cut the state in nearly exact equivalents.

so much great football insight. thanks kem, really useful input.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
AllWeatherFan said:

Don’t agree. Wade fishing isn’t as good. Who likes to sit in a boat all day. f*** that.

Sorry Bison but you are wrong. The Missouri is shockingly wadeable for being a relatively large river.

cmtgrizzly said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Don’t agree. Wade fishing isn’t as good. Who likes to sit in a boat all day. f*** that.

Sorry Bison but you are wrong. The Missouri is shockingly wadable for being a relatively large river.

Oh and wading areas are far more accessible on the Missouri

cmtgrizzly said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Sorry Bison but you are wrong. The Missouri is shockingly wadeable for being a relatively large river.

Ya but not on the level of the horn.

Maybe it’s the flatlander in me, but I love the awesome shittiness of the surrounding landscape of the Horn.

Kris is a great coach! I just hope doesn't go to a UNLV kinda place because some places aren't worth the money!!! I wish him the best every time he plays except against the Grizzlies, of course...I hope he wins it all and believe he will!!!

i_the_sky said:
Kris is a great coach! I just hope doesn't go to a UNLV kinda place because some places aren't worth the money!!! I wish him the best every time he plays except against the Grizzlies, of course...I hope he wins it all and believe he will!!!

Chris......

2011BisonAlumni said:
i_the_sky said:

Chris......

Happens a lot to Kristofferson.

2011BisonAlumni said:
i_the_sky said:

Chris......

I was wondering how long this discussion would go on until somebody posted that!!

2011BisonAlumni said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
AllWeatherFan said:

Yes, the wade fishing is as good. Even better. Give it a try, and the tributaries are far superior...and don't forget the snakes! No country worth having is without rattlesnakes. Base water yields larger fish (and antlers) than acid...

kemajic said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

I much prefer the 34% comprising the middle of the state.

Back