• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Kenzel Lawler

Status
Not open for further replies.
thirdandlong said:
Ut-Grizfan said:
The Utes Secondary and defense as a whole this past year was stacked, honestly the only reason Utah had an okay season with all the injuries they had. So far they have had 2 Safties and a CB declaring for the draft.

I get it. But if three of their starting D-backs will be leaving, one would think he would stay around for the possibility to be a starter. Just a thought. Maybe he didn't feel the coach had his back, and wanted a new start to his career

Utes are my P4 team and if I were a betting man I'd think it's probably more due to the fact that Utah consistently has one of the top defenses in country every year and routinely puts guys in the NFL on that side of the ball. It's competitive, I think he saw a chance to start and to play for a NC in an awesome environment.

uofmman1122 said:
thirdandlong said:
I get it. But if three of their starting D-backs will be leaving, one would think he would stay around for the possibility to be a starter. Just a thought. Maybe he didn't feel the coach had his back, and wanted a new start to his career
He sucks and we’re going to suck.

Is that what you want to hear?

If you can't add anything to a discussion, stay out of it

goatcreekgriz said:
thirdandlong said:
If you can't add anything to a discussion, stay out of it

Seems his sarcasm adds as much, if not more, to the discussion as your speculation. Sixes at best.

Look dude, if you can't pose a question about why a 3-star CB who should be in line to start next season for Utah because 3 starters are leaving, without your pithy comments, then, as I said, leave the discussion to those of us who actually can add to the discussion.

I know, I know, we should all just STFU and gush accolades about every new signee without any questions being asked.

thirdandlong said:
goatcreekgriz said:
Seems his sarcasm adds as much, if not more, to the discussion as your speculation. Sixes at best.

Look dude, if you can't pose a question about why a 3-star CB who should be in line to start next season for Utah because 3 starters are leaving, without your pithy comments, then, as I said, leave the discussion to those of us who actually can add to the discussion.

I know, I know, we should all just STFU and gush accolades about every new signee without any questions being asked.

I think the main reason is probably that he wants to play for Montana more than he wants to play for Utah. Now, I could be wrong about that, but, in my experience, players generally leave programs to play for other programs because they’d rather play for the programs to which they transfer.

thirdandlong said:
goatcreekgriz said:

Should we dredge up your comments about McDowell/Vidlak before the season began?

The thing about you is you ONLY have negative comments.

thirdandlong said:
goatcreekgriz said:

Dude, I never suggested you should STFU, but only made the (obvious) observation that your utterly speculative comments added nothing substantial to the discussion. Anybody can guess about anything, so a sarcastic response should not surprise you. Nothing pithy here, dude.

CDAGRIZ said:
thirdandlong said:

I think the main reason is probably that he wants to play for Montana more than he wants to play for Utah. Now, I could be wrong about that, but, in my experience, players generally leave programs to play for other programs because they’d rather play for the programs to which they transfer.

Maybe he wants to play for 2 former long-term NFL secondary players.

AZGrizFan said:
thirdandlong said:

Should we dredge up your comments about McDowell/Vidlak before the season began?

No, the thing is that I actually can be objective, and not try to make every transfer into our program the next all-american Griz. This board has become nothing but a cheering section for uninformed football fans, with almost no meaningful discussion any longer about the finer points of the team. For those of you who have been board members for many years, you know that the level of actual football discussion on here has gone South. Most of the good football posters have left. And anyone who dares to make a post which the board censorship hacks deem as "negative", or even "questioning" in any way, is immediately attacked. This is why 90% 0f the posts here are made by 10-12 posters. Sad for a supposed football discussion site.

I urge any of you to visit any FBS football fan site, where you will experience REAL objective comments, both pro and con, for every aspect of their team. I am a member of the U. of Georgia site, because my son is a UGA grad and fan. They actually discuss football there, and don't ban posters who they don't agree with. So refreshing.

AZGrizFan said:
thirdandlong said:

Feel free to "dredge up" my comments about them from observing fall practice. And I was correct on both of them. To spur your memory, I said that I was not impressed with Vidlak, and said that McDowell was basically a running QB with limited passing ability. Was I wrong? I also stated that Ah Yat looked better than either of them. Was I wrong? Why don't you now dredge up my actual comments, to try to dispel what i said? You used to be a better poster, who could actually provide some critical comments. But now you have shelved that for being accepted by the masses of hearts-and-flowers posters who dominate this site.

thirdandlong said:
Ut-Grizfan said:
The Utes Secondary and defense as a whole this past year was stacked, honestly the only reason Utah had an okay season with all the injuries they had. So far they have had 2 Safties and a CB declaring for the draft.

We can only speculate for now as I don't think anybody on here knows his reasons. As of Jan. 11 the Utes depth chart only listed 3 CBs on their two deep so it would appear they have needs. That being said I didn't check their transfers or recruits, perhaps he was told something during his exit interview that he didn't like. For whatever reason we have ourselves a corner who was highly regarded out of HS and comes from an FBS program. GO GRIZ!

thirdandlong said:
Why don't you now dredge up my actual comments, to try to dispel what i said?
You mean like how you wanted all the coaches fired?
How’s that been going for you lately?
Are you working on a new schtick?

thirdandlong said:
AZGrizFan said:

No, the thing is that I actually can be objective, and not try to make every transfer into our program the next all-american Griz. This board has become nothing but a cheering section for uninformed football fans, with almost no meaningful discussion any longer about the finer points of the team. For those of you who have been board members for many years, you know that the level of actual football discussion on here has gone South. Most of the good football posters have left. And anyone who dares to make a post which the board censorship hacks deem as "negative", or even "questioning" in any way, is immediately attacked. This is why 90% 0f the posts here are made by 10-12 posters. Sad for a supposed football discussion site.

I urge any of you to visit any FBS football fan site, where you will experience REAL objective comments, both pro and con, for every aspect of their team. I am a member of the U. of Georgia site, because my son is a UGA grad and fan. They actually discuss football there, and don't ban posters who they don't agree with. So refreshing.

Who has said any of the transfers will be all-Americans? I didn’t see that.

Can you list the good football posters who have left the board?

Weren’t you wrong on every thing you said about the team and coaches this fall?

I recall you said QB Brown looked strong, and the strongest, during pre-season practice.

thirdandlong said:
AZGrizFan said:

Feel free to "dredge up" my comments about them from observing fall practice. And I was correct on both of them. To spur your memory, I said that I was not impressed with Vidlak, and said that McDowell was basically a running QB with limited passing ability. Was I wrong? I also stated that Ah Yat looked better than either of them. Was I wrong? Why don't you now dredge up my actual comments, to try to dispel what i said? You used to be a better poster, who could actually provide some critical comments. But now you have shelved that for being accepted by the masses of hearts-and-flowers posters who dominate this site.

You said Brown looked the best. Can you show us your post on Ah Yat?

thirdandlong said:
AZGrizFan said:

I urge you to visit any other website. I think 20+ years of the same bullshit is enough, so go talk football and lie about everything elsewhere. I urge you.

CDAGRIZ said:
thirdandlong said:

I urge you to visit any other website. I think 20+ years of the same poop is enough, so go talk football and lie about everything elsewhere. I urge you.

they would laugh you off the Georgia message board

thirdandlong said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I urge you to visit any other website. I think 20+ years of the same poop is enough, so go talk football and lie about everything elsewhere. I urge you.

Well, he is one seriously funny dude, so….

Which of your 1,869 band user names do you post under on the uga site?

thirdandlong said:
CDAGRIZ said:

CDA, you okay, man? I know that zinger must have hurt a lot, but it will get better. I know the Georgia message board means a lot to you, brother. We are all here.

Stick to facts, argue with counterfacts. But leave this 20+ year old vendetta sh*t in the history bin. I believe the question was, why would a three star CB come to the Griz from the Utes? I'll go one step further, why aren't three star athletes at every position kicking down the door to become Griz? There, I teed it up for discussion. FORE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back