• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Kaepernick nominated for Nobel (not “noble”) Peace Prize; who would have thought?

Dutch Lane

DONOR
Dr. Harry Edwards has nominated Colin Kaepernick for the Nobel Peace Prize. Edwards said Kaepernick’s commitment, courage and sacrifices were carried out with a silent dignity that spoke to the world of the urgency of his call for justice and human rights, and the world has responded.

Just think that only 4 years ago he was an NFL pariah, called out by POTUS and yet he simply kneeled and stood his ground without wavering and didn’t lash out at the haters and a generational movement was born that will change the world for the better. Now if we just get to see him under center somewhere In the NFL this Fall. Goddamn I love America, who’s with me on this one. Even Trump said he should get a second chance. That is so right on. clap: :clap: :clap:

Get this political bullshit off the FCS portion of this website. (I'd love to see him win but I'd also much rather see him run the wing-t instead of the pistol...).

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
Get this political bullshit off the FCS portion of this website. (I'd love to see him win but I'd also much rather see him run the wing-t instead of the pistol...).

You are right about the wing-t. Lol. Hey he’s a quarterback who played at Nevada Reno, which used to be in the big sky, so there’s that. :thumb:

So giving the “Peace Prize” to someone who worships Che Guevera. Perfect. That entire process completely jumped the shark when they gave one to drone-loving Obama so who gives a shit at this point who they give one to.

AZGrizFan said:
So giving the “Peace Prize” to someone who worships Che Guevera. Perfect. That entire process completely jumped the shark when they gave one to drone-loving Obama so who gives a shit at this point who they give one to.

Not me. Funny how so many of the younger gen worship CG. I am surprised I don't see them wearing Edi Amin likeness on their shirts as well.

Dutch Lane said:
Dr. Harry Edwards has nominated Colin Kaepernick for the Nobel Peace Prize. Edwards said Kaepernick’s commitment, courage and sacrifices were carried out with a silent dignity that spoke to the world of the urgency of his call for justice and human rights, and the world has responded.

Just think that only 4 years ago he was an NFL pariah, called out by POTUS and yet he simply kneeled and stood his ground without wavering and didn’t lash out at the haters and a generational movement was born that will change the world for the better. Now if we just get to see him under center somewhere In the NFL this Fall. Goddamn I love America, who’s with me on this one. Even Trump said he should get a second chance. That is so right on. clap: :clap: :clap:
He will fall flat on his face in the NFL; he doesn't have it; hasn't for several years. He has done about as much to deserve the award as Obama and Gore, but way behind Arafat.

AZGrizFan said:

Che Guevara? What century are you living in? So what you were a fan of Fulgencio Batista and the American mafia running Cuba or something? Lol. I think the reason for the prize would be he started a peaceful protest movement that is sweeping the country and the world. Think about that Trump will never be awarded the Nobel, but a blackballed NFL football player might be, who would have ever imagined such a thing? Jack Johnson, Joe Louis, Jackie Robinson, Jim Brown, Mohammed Ali, Tommy Smith and John Carlos, Hank Aaron, Arthur Ashe, and now Colin................he’s standing on the shoulders of giants. Interesting how sports has a played such a big part in civil rights movement and the progressive improvement of the human condition in our country. I’m hoping the Titans sign him. Love Kaep :thumb:

kemajic said:
Dutch Lane said:

He will fall flat on his face in the NFL; he doesn't have it; hasn't for several years. He has done about as much to deserve the award as Obama and Gore, but way behind Arafat.

Looks like it’s 2 thumbs ups and 3 thumbs down now. Tough crowd here at egriz/Trump Nation. Anyone else? Thanks

Paul Simon, in they lyrics to "Me and Julio down by the school yard" sums up my feelings every time I hear his name: 'Momma looked down and spit on the ground every time' his name is mentioned.
Shows just how far criteria, and respect, for the Nobel Prize has fallen. Went political LONG AGO! Had to look up Harry's bio. Total POS!
FOURTH DOWN!

Dutch Lane said:
AZGrizFan said:

Che Guevara? What century are you living in? So what you were a fan of Fulgencio Batista and the American mafia running Cuba or something? Lol. I think the reason for the prize would be he started a peaceful protest movement that is sweeping the country and the world. Think about that Trump will never be awarded the Nobel, but a blackballed NFL football player might be, who would have ever imagined such a thing? Jack Johnson, Joe Louis, Jackie Robinson, Jim Brown, Mohammed Ali, Tommy Smith and John Carlos, Hank Aaron, Arthur Ashe, and now Colin................he’s standing on the shoulders of giants. Interesting how sports has a played such a big part in civil rights movement and the progressive improvement of the human condition in our country. I’m hoping the Titans sign him. Love Kaep :thumb:

I have a hard time with your stating that he started a PEACEFUL protest movement. The looting, burning of buildings, businesses destroyed and people killed and injured in many major cities is about as far from peaceful as you can get.

bigsky33 said:
Dutch Lane said:

I have a hard time with your stating that he started a PEACEFUL protest movement. The looting, burning of buildings, businesses destroyed and people killed and injured in many major cities is about as far from peaceful as you can get.

Were you around in the 60’s or the ‘92 LA riots? This is nothing compared to those. The difference is the overwhelming majority of people are peacefully protesting and not just here but around the world. You are conflating the riots and outrage sparked by George Floyd’s televised lynching with Kaep’s peaceful protest. Do you know this Jefferson quote—“the tree of liberty from time to time must be refreshed with the blood of patriots and tyrants.” We are literally descendants of revolutionaries and insurrectionists. I bet you would have been a good Tory though. Lol. Thanks for posting, I’m going to put you as a thumbs down on Kaep and the Nobel. So it’s 2 up and 5 down. Tough crowd :thumb:

Dutch Lane said:
bigsky33 said:

Were you around in the 60’s or the ‘92 LA riots? This is nothing compared to those. The difference is the overwhelming majority of people are peacefully protesting and not just here but around the world. You are conflating the riots and outrage sparked by George Floyd’s televised lynching with Kaep’s peaceful protest. Do you know this Jefferson quote—“the tree of liberty from time to time must be refreshed with the blood of patriots and tyrants.” We are literally descendants of revolutionaries and insurrectionists. I bet you would have been a good Tory though. Lol. Thanks for posting, I’m going to put you as a thumbs down on Kaep and the Nobel. So it’s 2 up and 5 down. Tough crowd :thumb:

:thumb:
Really taking a knee did all that.

Dutch Lane said:
AZGrizFan said:

I’m not the one worshiping a terrorist. :roll:

....I love the bait that Dutch throws out..he suffers from Trump derangement and l wonder if he's going
to call us all racists and have egriz label a hate group blog because we disagree with him!... something to
think about!

grizghost said:
....I love the bait that Dutch throws out..he suffers from Trump derangement and l wonder if he's going
to call us all racists and have egriz label a hate group blog because we disagree with him!... something to
think about!

Putting you down as a thumbs down on Kaep and the Nobel. I’m thinking you’re projecting here just a little. lol. Looks like it’s 4 up and 6 down. Right on thanks for posting Ghost. :thumb:

This country is full of huggers! This POS should be banned from the US! I don't have a racist bone in my body, but I love my country and my flag. ANYONE who disrespects should leave this country now!

AZGrizFan said:
Dutch Lane said:

I’m not the one worshiping a terrorist. :roll:

One man’s terrorist is another man’s freedom fighter. So I tried to research this and all I could come up with was Kaep seen wearing a t-shirt with Malcolm X and Castro pictured on it, and him wearing another t-shirt with the iconic Alberto Korda photo “Guerillero Heroico” printed on it. It’s only the most reproduced photograph in history, the face that launched a thousand revolutions. So in your world that makes him a terrorist worshiper because he wore a t-shirt with Che’s face on it? Lol. Batista murdered something in excess of 20,000 Cubans in his 7 year reign of terror prior to the revolution, but that gets lost in the narrative doesn’t it. AZ, Cuba’s Cold War benefactor Russia is now our new bud didn’t you get the memo, it’s all good now. Thanks for posting :thumb:

Lol at the predictable flag worship posts.

There is absolutely nothing more patriotic you can do than fighting to call attention to injustice, which makes America better for EVERYONE. Current events have done nothing but validate Kap's point of view on racial injustice. He took a stand and sacrificed his entire livelihood in the process. Say whatever you want you about the flag, but I highly doubt most would have the courage to make the same sacrifice Kap did.

Do I think the guy is NFL starter material? No, but the guy has won a decent amount of games and made it to the Super Bowl, which undoubtedly makes him better than the vast majority of no-namer C-grade backups in the NFL. Or maybe while you're at it, you anti-Kap heads can enlighten me as to why the likes of Sean Mannion, David Fales, and John Wolford deserve a seat in an NFL QB room while CK does not. It certainly isn't based upon merit or talent.

Back