• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Justin Ford Commits

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
What’s his eligibility status?
From what I could gather, he played 2 years of JUCO and transferred to Louisville for 2019, but got hurt and never played. So, I would assume he will be a Junior.

IntuitiveGriz said:
Justin Ford

Wow, a CB that actually considers that ball in the air to be HIS, and not the WR's...i love it!!

This is absolutely fantastic commitment news. Can;t get the smile off my face.

Move over Trumaine Johnson...we've got another possible NFL possibility.

The possibilities are....possible

Yes he will be a redshirt junior. He is a 2 for 2 eligibility wise. He he is a big time talent, no doubt. I think he sees the field and may make an impact. Everyone should be rightfully excited about that. However, no one has seen him play at the D-1 level so people really should manage their expectations.

He is going to have to come in and earn his spot. He will have to have fit in with the scheme and team. Calling him the next Trumane Johnson or something else as the 2nd coming is just ridiculous at this point. Some of the posters on this board do this with every recruit and just ruins any credibility on your football knowledge.

Then again this is Egriz so it is exactly what I expect.

I saw one poster say he could be the next Trumaine, nothing less nothing more. Ford had 20 D1 offers out of JUCO, which should tell you all you need to know about his talent and ability. He will be an all conference player for the Griz if he stays healthy.

HookedonGriz said:
I saw one poster say he could be the next Trumaine, nothing less nothing more. Ford had 20 D1 offers out of JUCO, which should tell you all you need to know about his talent and ability. He will be an all conference player for the Griz if he stays healthy.

So why isn't he staying at Louisville and playing at the FBS level?

SACCAT66 said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
Justin Ford

Wow, a CB that actually considers that ball in the air to be HIS, and not the WR's...i love it!!

When he's in the NFL, I think he will make more that what Tru made in last 4 years, i.e. about $65 million.

PlayerRep said:
HookedonGriz said:

I’m not positive. He got hurt In their second spring scrimmage. He started their first spring scrimmage and played well. Maybe Louisville not a great fit? Did they go through any coaching changes?

HookedonGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

I’m not positive. He got hurt In their second spring scrimmage. He started their first spring scrimmage and played well. Maybe Louisville not a great fit? Did they go through any coaching changes?

Second spring scrimmage in 2019? Don't know on coaching changes. Thx.

PlayerRep said:
HookedonGriz said:

Second spring scrimmage in 2019? Don't know on coaching changes. Thx.

Yep he got hurt before their season started last year, in their 2nd scrimmage during fall ball.

Gives you an idea of the type of player we just landed.

https://bigredlouie.com/2019/05/17/louisville-football-cards-could-still-land-juco-corner-for-2019/

"Justin Ford – CB

The last addition to the 2019 recruiting class for Scott Satterfield and staff could end up being a fairly important piece by the end of the season at the cornerback position.

Three-star cornerback Justin Ford played the last two seasons at Golden West Community College in California after originally enrolling at Kansas, collecting 41 tackles and three interceptions.

He’s a big corner at 6’2 who does a great job of covering guys one-on-one, something we saw the entire secondary struggle with last season. He’s quick, athletic, and has great instincts for making plays on the ball, and with a few returning players not seemingly fitting into Bryan Brown’s defense, Ford could be a guy who goes from special teams to a starting role in 2019."

https://bigredlouie.com/2019/08/06/louisville-football-5-players-may-start-backups-finish-starters/5/

"Ford was a late addition for Scott Satterfield’s 2019 recruiting class. The North Carolina native committed in June and arrived on campus in August.

Unfortunately for Ford, he suffered what appears to be a rather serious injury during fall camp because he didn’t play a single snap for the Cards in 2019."

http://www.thecardinalconnect.com/louisville-loses-defensive-back-to-transfer-portal/#.XuPCzGpKg6U

"Graduate student Cornelius Strughill may have a lock on one of the cornerback positions, but others have impressed, as well. Johnson mentioned Marlon Character as a player who has stood out to him.

Also fighting for time are Chandler Jones, who was listed as the starting cornerback opposite Sturghill before camp opened, along with P.J. Mbanasor and junior college transfer Justin Ford."

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2019/08/13/louisville-football-voting-system-brings-twist-u-l-defense/1986002001/

PlayerRep said:
SACCAT66 said:

When he's in the NFL, I think he will make more that what Tru made in last 4 years, i.e. about $65 million.

You think he will be the highest paid DB in the NFL? 16.25 Million a year would put him at about a million a year more than the highest paid DB in 2019 (according to google search I spent 30 seconds looking at)

SACCAT66 said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
Justin Ford

My thoughts exactly...

Bumping this old thread -

Man did Justin Ford look like he's going to live up to the hype or what? Guy plays with some serious fire and what I liked even more was that when his teammates made plays he was more fired up than when he made plays of his own. I've been extremely high on Justin Ford from the day he popped up in the recruiting threads the first time around. His multiple transfers made me question if he was a bit of a diva and had baggage. From the looks of it I was dead wrong. The guy seems like a real leader on this defense already. On social media he was posting late night pics of film study and that really showed. He was diagnosing plays left and right, proved by his 2.5 TFLs. Can't wait to watch 21 for the next two years! I see him leaving a major impact on this program!

StumptownGriz said:
Bumping this old thread -

Man did Justin Ford look like he's going to live up to the hype or what? Guy plays with some serious fire and what I liked even more was that when his teammates made plays he was more fired up than when he made plays of his own. I've been extremely high on Justin Ford from the day he popped up in the recruiting threads the first time around. His multiple transfers made me question if he was a bit of a diva and had baggage. From the looks of it I was dead wrong. The guy seems like a real leader on this defense already. On social media he was posting late night pics of film study and that really showed. He was diagnosing plays left and right, proved by his 2.5 TFLs. Can't wait to watch 21 for the next two years! I see him leaving a major impact on this program!

That play where he broke on the RB and got to him at the same time as the ball was a thing of beauty.

HookedonGriz said:
I admit I get pumped for lots of recruits but I wasn’t sure this one was gonna happen and it might be our biggest one yet! Watch some tape of his he is an absolute beast!

Fun to revisit this thread. I think we are all seeing how special he is now. Game changer CB

Back