• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Joe Glenn coaching n FCS again

SouthDakotaGrizzly said:
behappp said:
Rumor going around that Joe offered the D job to Breske with a substantial raise over what we are paying - and would retain Mike's son who was on the staff that was fired at USD.

Personally I wouldn't be surprised if Breske went somewhere that paid more than we do quicker than Pflu leaving

Not saying the rumor isn't going around, but I find it kind of hard to believe that USD would be able to offer Breske a "substantial raise". Not that UM coaches are paid a ton, relatively. I wonder what Glenn is getting compared to what he made at UM?

I too wouldn't be surprised to see Breske leave, but I would think he would move up in the world, not down.

I don't know how much he will be making if Breske does leave, but the Big Sky as a whole doesn't pay their coaches that much. Even Montana. Breske is loyal to Glenn and I'm sure working with his son will be appealing to Mike. We shall see.

Joe Glenn was not a great recruiter at UM, but he may have better contacts in the midwest. Still I loved the guy and wish him well.

As for Breske, I think Breske has too much potential to move UP and is way too bright to take on a lower level FCS program. It would be a penny wise/dollar foolish decision.

I think Breske is too ambitious for that postion, loyalty aside. I'm sure he likes the prospect of his son working for Joe and doubt he would he want to conflict that.

Glenn to lead University of South Dakota football

Ex-Montana, Wyoming coach Joe Glenn hired at South Dakota
The Billings Gazette

.VERMILLION, S.D. — The University of South Dakota has hired Joe Glenn as its head football coach.

USD is Glenn's alma mater. The 62-year-old Glenn had been living in semi-retirement in Phoenix when he was asked to replace Ed Meierkort as the Coyotes' coach.

Meierkort's contract was not renewed after eight years at the helm.

Glenn had most recently been head coach at Wyoming, where he was fired after six years in 2008. Prior to that, he won won national Division II titles at Northern Colorado in 1996 and 1997 and guided Montana to the FCS national title in 2001.

USD introduced Glenn at a Monday afternoon news conference.

Glenn graduated from USD in 1971.

Hope Glenn keeps his hands OFF Mike Breske .... but then, again, after the way he sent Breske packing to cover his arse and stay one more year at Wyoming, maybe we don't have to worry!!!

LakGriz said:
Hope Glenn keeps his hands OFF Mike Breske .... but then, again, after the way he sent Breske packing to cover his arse and stay one more year at Wyoming, maybe we don't have to worry!!!

Breske coached with Glenn at Wyoming through 2008 when the staff was fired. Breske was never sent packing by Glenn. In 2009, Breske coached at NDSU and lasted one season before he was canned by Bohl. This has worked out very well for the griz.

I believe Cockhill was let go by Glenn in 2007. That is likely who you are referring to.

Was looking at USD coaching staff on the net and I see there are two different Breskes on the staff
Question is Does our coach Mike Breske have two sons coaching over there?

Latest posts

Back