• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

JJ Trial

PTGrizzly said:
IMO the most damning part was Alex admitting that he changed his story after meeting with Paoli.
i thought the most damning part of AB's testimony was the stuff about talking games about girls w/ JJ and telling JJ to get it done or whatever prior to leaving for the date.

garizzalies said:
PTGrizzly said:
IMO the most damning part was Alex admitting that he changed his story after meeting with Paoli.
i thought the most damning part of AB's testimony was the stuff about talking games about girls w/ JJ and telling JJ to get it done or whatever prior to leaving for the date.

I had the thought that the prosecution could be using AB's testimony to help prove the football player stereotye that was in the air at the time. It doesn't look good for JJ to look like the "typical college bro"* in the eyes of his own roomate. :twocents:

* I know, I know, that's how Jane Doe's roommate described JJ. I just got a kick out of the description. Sorry :fuel: :protesst:

garizzalies said:
PTGrizzly said:

If you don't think every 20 year old male says something like that jokingly you're naive past saving.

grizfan95 said:
garizzalies said:
PTGrizzly said:

If you don't think every 20 year old male says something like that jokingly you're naive past saving.

I'll agree with this for sure. I've said things like "go get her buddy" or "get it done" to my friends before they go on dates, and I don't think it's that big of a deal. Just how people talk these days. I definitely thought that was a point they brought up that meant nothing to the case at all.

PTGrizzly said:
grizfan95 said:
garizzalies said:
PTGrizzly said:

I'll agree with this for sure. I've said things like "go get her buddy" or "get it done" to my friends before they go on dates, and I don't think it's that big of a deal. Just how people talk these days. I definitely thought that was a point they brought up that meant nothing to the case at all.

Talk like that amongst guys starts in the mid teens, for some earlier.

mtgrizrule said:
PTGrizzly said:
grizfan95 said:
garizzalies said:

Talk like that amongst guys starts in the mid teens, for some earlier.

Trouble is a girl can claim rape and turn it against them, the way the law is who is to say otherwise?

garizzalies said:
PTGrizzly said:

JJ's ROOMATE says "get it done tonight" when JJ is headed out the door to get picked up and taken home by the GIRL who said "Jordy, you know I'd do you anytime".

The prosecution would like us to believe that only guys "talk game".

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

grizfan95 said:
garizzalies said:
PTGrizzly said:

what this dude said.

I believe rumor was defendant told JJ at Forester Ball something to the effect she would do him anytime. Thought AB was present and heard this comment. If this is true, why wouldn't the defense bring this up?

argh! said:
GrizPony said:
I'm an inbred trailer whore! Aye. Aye.

obviously, but thanks for confirming that, buckaroo!

Argh I'm afraid you're out of luck challenging PonyGrizy. These insults come from a guy who says "I know 100%." Thus, do not be surprised that he is able to see what your life is really like. This is one of the smaller, less important things he checks in to as he knows exactly 100% of what has happened during the JJ trial and behind the scenes. We should not question his knowledge nor should we question that if he is associated with the trial as counsel, it would be highly improper to be discussing it on an internet message board.

This above post made by a poster who believes without a doubt that JJ will not be convicted.

Comparing the testimony from Scott Wright, JJ's high school teacher and coach from Oregon:

missoulian @missoulian
Wright: He's honest. I've known him to be nothing but a perfect gentleman. He makes everyone around him better.

Twittermissoulian @missoulian
Wright: His reputation among men, women, young, old, was more than what showed up on a report card. He's a good person. #johnsontrial

TwitterEmily Foster @emilyABCFOXMT
Wright: he treats women well #JohnsonTrial

And comparing these comments with this sentence from "tnt" 8/11/2012:

JJ "also has some baggage from high school according a teacher I know from there. He likes getting his way."

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=57961&hilit=tnt&start=350#p779422" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Among other slanders and libels concocted by that poster, I was surprised that nothing, absolutely nothing about this, came about or was suggested during examination or cross-examination.

I take that back. No, I wasn't surprised.

sudavis said:
I believe rumor was defendant told JJ at Forester Ball something to the effect she would do him anytime. Thought AB was present and heard this comment. If this is true, why wouldn't the defense bring this up?
State's witness, "beyond the scope of direct."

Jerry Punch said:
argh! said:
GrizPony said:
I'm an inbred trailer whore! Aye. Aye.

obviously, but thanks for confirming that, buckaroo!

Argh I'm afraid you're out of luck challenging PonyGrizy. These insults come from a guy who says "I know 100%." Thus, do not be surprised that he is able to see what your life is really like. This is one of the smaller, less important things he checks in to as he knows exactly 100% of what has happened during the JJ trial and behind the scenes. We should not question his knowledge nor should we question that if he is associated with the trial as counsel, it would be highly improper to be discussing it on an internet message board.

This above post made by a poster who believes without a doubt that JJ will not be convicted.

What is wrong with anyone believing 100% 1 way or the other on this one? I don't know how many posters are 100% convinced he is completely innocent. I do see the majority are convinced he will be found not guilty. I admit, unless there is a total mess up by the defense, or the prosecution making something happen out of nowhere, JJ is likely found not guilty. I have yet to see any evidence that has 100% convinced me he is guilty, or without reasonable doubt. According to the way the jury is supposed to come to a "guilty" verdict, I don't see it happening in this one.

For those who believe he is guilty, you are entitled to the opinion too. Explaining how you come up with that might be a little difficult. I don't like it when anyone has an opinion then someone calls them a name or degrades them for that opinion. It does not matter what the subject is.

I do hope this trial is over soon and we can all move on. I also hope this thread does not get to derailed over the weekend.

PlayerRep said:
Why introduce the blanket if it hasn't even been tested? That was odd, and at least minor egg on the prosecution's face. The detective admitted that she didn't know what was on it, and didn't know who's it was. What if it had been tested and it was someone else's? The detective explained that the sex had been admitted, so testing wasn't needed, but then why introduce the blanket? I thought it was pretty funny how the defense pointed out the glitch.
It was odd; kind of a "show and tell" moment where the Prosecution needed to "show something."

Fortunately, it wasn't a glove.

But, the point about lack of testing is a good one: suppose "testing" had NOT confirmed that JJ was there, that it wasn't "the" blanket, OR, that multiple partners had been involved recently with Doe?

Without "testing" it becomes a useless prop; objectionable for lack of foundation, and Defense should have.

"Get her done," is the contribution to civilization of "Larry, the Cable Guy," now said to friends as they go out the door for a date, a final, a class, a tournament, a game, mowing the lawn, starting their car, and, most recently on TV, preventing heartburn ....

Straight from Court staff that have watched the entire trial "case was over when victim testified on direct examination, girl kind of wacky. Paoli is too aggressive playing into State's case that Jordan was aggressive with victim same as his attorney. Bully football players getting their way. Thinks that jury may be put off by Paoli's aggressive style with a messed up girl that might have been taken advantage of".

Gametime said:
Straight from Court staff that have watched the entire trial "case was over when victim testified on direct examination, girl kind of wacky. Paoli is too aggressive playing into State's case that Jordan was aggressive with victim same as his attorney. Bully football players getting their way. Thinks that jury may be put off by Paoli's aggressive style with a messed up girl that might have been taken advantage of".
Dave's style in FELA suits, very effective against corporations, doesn't work "well" in this context.

UMGriz75 said:
"Get her done," is the contribution to civilization of "Larry, the Cable Guy," now said to friends as they go out the door for a date, a final, a class, a tournament, a game, mowing the lawn, starting their car, and, most recently on TV, preventing heartburn ....

Git r done!

;)

Back