• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jeremy Calhoun

HookedonGriz said:
uofmman1122 said:
kemajic said:
retiredpopo said:
It's obvious we don't need him today and we won't need him next week. One person is to blame and it's not the coach.
Calhoun has indeed played in 4 games, SacSt,UND, UCD and SUU. Granting a 5th year redshirt schollie is the HC's decision, not the player; it is no entitlement. I doubt we know the facts here. But I suspect BH thinks it's more important for the program for him to play these games now than to hold back for next year. With his history, he is available now; who knows about next year.
I gotta agree with Kem here.

I want Jeremy Calhoun to play next year, but he could help out this year's team right now a lot more than next year's team next year.

It sure sucks, but he put his head coach is a really rough position by choosing not to play the last two games, and I think Hauck is just sending a message that this is his team, and he expects his players to do everything they can to help their team, which for Calhoun means playing the last two games this season.

Then just say “sorry son, we need you a lot these last two games and I can’t have you redshirt” or say “yea I like you coming back next year to help us all year”.....as opposed to no spot, no schollie, so don’t let the door hit you on the way out
Is that what happened? Not saying it didn't, but I have no idea. It seems like a weird reaction.

kemajic said:
HookedonGriz said:
as opposed to no spot, no schollie, so don’t let the door hit you on the way out
You don't know that. Quit making up stupid sh!t for your narrative.

I’m sending you a PM so you aren’t embarrassed in front of everyone. You can apologize then

kemajic said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I'm so confused. So, he chose not to play so he could redshirt, and then Hauck kicked him off the team?
You are really confused. Repeating, it appears Calhoun wanted to redshirt this year - not play these last two games, presuming he would have a scholarship next year. BH does not have to prioritize that schollie for Calhoun who has walked from these last two games. Hauck was sure of his value to the program for the rest of this year; unsure of next year with his history.

So, what about what I wrote is incorrect? Still confused. Is he on the team, or did Hauck kick him off?

HookedonGriz said:
kemajic said:
HookedonGriz said:
as opposed to no spot, no schollie, so don’t let the door hit you on the way out
You don't know that. Quit making up stupid sh!t for your narrative.

I’m sending you a PM so you aren’t embarrassed in front of everyone. You can apologize then

Dear Mr. Calhoun,

Please send me a PM too. I have experience with grief counseling. I can help.

CDAGRIZ said:
kemajic said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I'm so confused. So, he chose not to play so he could redshirt, and then Hauck kicked him off the team?
You are really confused. Repeating, it appears Calhoun wanted to redshirt this year - not play these last two games, presuming he would have a scholarship next year. BH does not have to prioritize that schollie for Calhoun who has walked from these last two games. Hauck was sure of his value to the program for the rest of this year; unsure of next year with his history.

So, what about what I wrote is incorrect? Still confused. Is he on the team, or did Hauck kick him off?

Time will tell

Fahque said:
CDAGRIZ said:
kemajic said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Time will tell

We shall see.

SoldierGriz said:
Fahque said:
CDAGRIZ said:
kemajic said:

Time will tell

We shall see.

:lol:
So true. But, that won't tell me what those who think they know, know.

SoldierGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Yes, or No. Did Hauck kick Calhoun off the team?
Thanks in advance.

It's nuanced. Really more art than science, so simple yes, no probably won't work here.

Makes perfect sense. So nobody knows if he is on the team?

CDAGRIZ said:
SoldierGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Thanks in advance.

It's nuanced. Really more art than science, so simple yes, no probably won't work here.

Tonight he is not WITH the team. Don't know about on. Although from the number of geniuses that claim to know exactly what happened, that room had to be more crowded than a Trump rally.

cclarkblues said:
CDAGRIZ said:
SoldierGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Thanks in advance.

Tonight he is not WITH the team. Don't know about on. Although from the number of geniuses that claim to know exactly what happened, that room had to be more crowded than a Trump rally.

:lol:

cclarkblues said:
CDAGRIZ said:
SoldierGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Thanks in advance.

Riley on the radio has been saying every time it's brought up that his time as a Grizzly is over.

kemajic said:
jodcon said:
Maybe Hauck isn't that confident that Calhoun can stay healthy/out of trouble for a year and feels that scholarship would be better served on a player that can help the team for 4 or 5 years going forward? Just spitballing.
Bingo!
Double Bingo! IMO.

So many nuances here. First ... BH might have said, basically, "We'll see. We can't guarantee you a schollie next year, but you're valuable to the team so you could earn a partial."

And let's not overlook the other side: Calhoun may have decided he needed more time to fully recover from his many injuries ... and the four-game rule gives him a chance to do so. Not a knock on Hauck, since he's not in Calhoun's body. On another plane ... Calhoun probably knows the concussion protocol as well as, if not better, than the people who administer it. He might have decided ... I passed the protocol, but I'm just not sure I'm fully recovered, after all. If it's the latter, it's time for us outsiders to just STFU.

Either way, he was not going to be back next season. The only thing the public knows is of the fight incident. He walked the line and often crossed some lines a few too many times, especially regarding class attendance. I believe, if Hauck wanted to send a very loud message, he could have with Calhoun. Maybe, most of what was going on was very minor things, but repetitive.

I feel for the kid. He's had a few bad breaks and is tough as hell. At some point, a tense relationship has to end. Sounds to me, it is a mutual break. I wish Jeremy the best. I hope he finishes this academic year strong. Thank you Jeremy, for your blood, sweat, and tears for the GRIZ. If, there are extensive problems, hope you figure them out sooner than later, before making a costly mistake.

uofmman1122 said:
cclarkblues said:
CDAGRIZ said:
SoldierGriz said:

Riley on the radio has been saying every time it's brought up that his time as a Grizzly is over.

Interesting. I wonder whose decision that was.

CDAGRIZ said:
uofmman1122 said:
cclarkblues said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Interesting. I wonder whose decision that was.

I'm hearing it was Hauck's or Calhoun's. More to come...

Back