• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jeremy Calhoun

kemajic said:
You are setting a new record for crybaby posts regarding an issue that has been resolved and is in the rear view mirror. You're just about to pass Argh's whining about poor Gresch Jenson. Or the democrat's denial of who won the 2016 election. We care about this week's game with MSU; you just care about a HC's decision that was his to make.

the king of take-my-ball-and-go-home crybabies has spoken, and dishonestly, as usual.

it would've been worth having stitt another year just to get rid of bad fans like you, kem.

HookedonGriz said:
spsyk said:
HookedonGriz said:
dayday said:
Did he use up his redshirt though? Maybe he’s trying to redshirt and maybe transfer.

He asked for his redshirt and Hauck told him there isn’t a spot for him on the Griz. I’m guessing it got personal at that point so Hauck just removed him all together. I disagree with this move very much and I think it leads to back to back losses

So, What I'm hearing you say is that Calhoun told Hauck, the head coach, forget about the rest of the season, I'll take it off, ”Redshirt” and if I don't get in any trouble, and Embarrass the team and University you can have me next season.

With two important games left this season let them teammates that gave it their all this season do their best without me, after all this is all about me, and means nothing to you and your staff and my teammates. Is that what you are saying..

Nope that’s what you just said.

Try this one instead:

“Coach, I’m wondering if you would be open to me redshirting this year so that I can come back next year and play a full season, which will hopefully help our Griz return to dominance and would give me one more year with my twin brother”

I see no harm in asking that, and like I stated I think 99 out of 100 coaches would’ve handled that request much differently than ours did

Never any harm in asking, but like all questions, the questioner might not be happy with the answer gotten. I totally disagree with your assertion that 99 other coaches, faced with the exact same circumstances, would have disregarded every bit of fact & history up to now & looked at it like it was only about next season. This makes Hauck out to be some kind of vindictive dumbass - the only one who can’t see the forest for the trees, because he doesn’t see things like the other 99 coaches who always think logically and with the programs best interest @ heart? Hauck isn’t without flaw or fault, but I don’t question that he has the best interests of the program in mind.

Why did you go to bat for Hauck? Can I assume it was because much of the publicized perception was that he hired thugs, didn’t hold himself or anyone else accountable, and cultivated & perpetuated the wrong culture? I assume that because otherwise there wouldn’t be need to call out the falsehoods and inequity - no need to hold a light up against a bunch of made up crap. He’d then simply be judged on the merits of his own coaching history, philosophy & vision for the program. But it’s because of that history & negative perception that Bobby is held to a different standard than the first go-round. I’m sure Calhoun asked his question as respectfully as possible, also certain Bobby heard him out & answered based on what his plan go-forward looks like, who it includes and the other steps they’re going to need to take to really return to dominance. Yeah, I believe there’s plan. Hauck was incredibly candid when asked in the spring and fall about the concerns he had for the team. He may not have made all the right moves according to us, but it’s clear he chose a path based on what he believes & the plan going forward. Montana will never win another conference championship or challenge the powers that be unless someone has a plan and is willing to take the steps necessary to see it through. That does include building a culture, laying out rules, holding people accountable, coaching them to be better than they are now, asking them be better people than the thugs some believe them to be and so forth.

Is it just possible that Bobby doesn’t likely see him as the transcendent talent you, some other posters, and the other 99 like-minded coaches in your corner do? I think that had more to do with it than you might think. I also think the decision made was the sum total of all that has occurred since Hauck took the reins. Some of it public knowledge, some of it private observation. I’m not buying it was because he’s some vindictive dumb ass.

argh! said:
kemajic said:
You are setting a new record for crybaby posts regarding an issue that has been resolved and is in the rear view mirror. You're just about to pass Argh's whining about poor Gresch Jenson. Or the democrat's denial of who won the 2016 election. We care about this week's game with MSU; you just care about a HC's decision that was his to make.

the king of take-my-ball-and-go-home crybabies has spoken, and dishonestly, as usual.

it would've been worth having stitt another year just to get rid of bad fans like you, kem.

"If they don't fix the coaching situation to my personal satisfaction, I'm not supporting this team anymore. Hmmph!" Pure gold.

giphy.gif

I still say he's redshirting & coming back next year to be the Griz's #1 running back - assuming he stays healthy, keep his nose clean & Bobby doesn't bring in a transfer ringer. You all know & if you don't, Bobby isn't going to let the cat out of the bag before any game as far as who starts, who is injured, etc. This is no different. Give this some time to run out & move on to something else.

bgbigdog said:
HookedonGriz said:
spsyk said:
HookedonGriz said:
He asked for his redshirt and Hauck told him there isn’t a spot for him on the Griz. I’m guessing it got personal at that point so Hauck just removed him all together. I disagree with this move very much and I think it leads to back to back losses

So, What I'm hearing you say is that Calhoun told Hauck, the head coach, forget about the rest of the season, I'll take it off, ”Redshirt” and if I don't get in any trouble, and Embarrass the team and University you can have me next season.

With two important games left this season let them teammates that gave it their all this season do their best without me, after all this is all about me, and means nothing to you and your staff and my teammates. Is that what you are saying..

Nope that’s what you just said.

Try this one instead:

“Coach, I’m wondering if you would be open to me redshirting this year so that I can come back next year and play a full season, which will hopefully help our Griz return to dominance and would give me one more year with my twin brother”

I see no harm in asking that, and like I stated I think 99 out of 100 coaches would’ve handled that request much differently than ours did

Never any harm in asking, but like all questions, the questioner might not be happy with the answer gotten. I totally disagree with your assertion that 99 other coaches, faced with the exact same circumstances, would have disregarded every bit of fact & history up to now & looked at it like it was only about next season. This makes Hauck out to be some kind of vindictive dumbass - the only one who can’t see the forest for the trees, because he doesn’t see things like the other 99 coaches who always think logically and with the programs best interest @ heart? Hauck isn’t without flaw or fault, but I don’t question that he has the best interests of the program in mind.

Why did you go to bat for Hauck? Can I assume it was because much of the publicized perception was that he hired thugs, didn’t hold himself or anyone else accountable, and cultivated & perpetuated the wrong culture? I assume that because otherwise there wouldn’t be need to call out the falsehoods and inequity - no need to hold a light up against a bunch of made up crap. He’d then simply be judged on the merits of his own coaching history, philosophy & vision for the program. But it’s because of that history & negative perception that Bobby is held to a different standard than the first go-round. I’m sure Calhoun asked his question as respectfully as possible, also certain Bobby heard him out & answered based on what his plan go-forward looks like, who it includes and the other steps they’re going to need to take to really return to dominance. Yeah, I believe there’s plan. Hauck was incredibly candid when asked in the spring and fall about the concerns he had for the team. He may not have made all the right moves according to us, but it’s clear he chose a path based on what he believes & the plan going forward. Montana will never win another conference championship or challenge the powers that be unless someone has a plan and is willing to take the steps necessary to see it through. That does include building a culture, laying out rules, holding people accountable, coaching them to be better than they are now, asking them be better people than the thugs some believe them to be and so forth.

Is it just possible that Bobby doesn’t likely see him as the transcendent talent you, some other posters, and the other 99 like-minded coaches in your corner do? I think that had more to do with it than you might think. I also think the decision made was the sum total of all that has occurred since Hauck took the reins. Some of it public knowledge, some of it private observation. I’m not buying it was because he’s some vindictive dumb ass.

Since Calhoun started the last 2 gams he played, and gained 99 yards in the last one, I assume Hauck and the coaches saw reasonable talent and value in him. I'm not aware that Eastwood was hurt.

99 yards agains SUU defense is not the same as 99 yards against say a good defense. Bottom line is JC quit the team under his own power he was not forced off as far as anyone knows. I think he had 186 yards rushing in 4 games. maybe he is not the same athlete he was the year before. Maybe coach did not see him progressing further. Maybe he sees a freshman or soph who looks like they are going to be better next year and maybe just maybe the sun will shine tomorrow.....Go Griz whip the cats.

retiredpopo said:
Bottom line is JC quit the team under his own power he was not forced off as far as anyone knows.

You're saying asking for a redshirt so he can play the entire 2019 season is the same as quitting the team? I disagree. I think accusing him of "quitting the team" is a cheap shot. Especially when it comes from the coach. But that's just me.

retiredpopo said:
99 yards agains SUU defense is not the same as 99 yards against say a good defense. Bottom line is JC quit the team under his own power he was not forced off as far as anyone knows. I think he had 186 yards rushing in 4 games. maybe he is not the same athlete he was the year before. Maybe coach did not see him progressing further. Maybe he sees a freshman or soph who looks like they are going to be better next year and maybe just maybe the sun will shine tomorrow.....Go Griz whip the cats.

I don't agree. 99 yards was much better than any of our other backs got, and is pretty good against any team. Ever play the game?

AllWeatherFan said:
retiredpopo said:
Bottom line is JC quit the team under his own power he was not forced off as far as anyone knows.

You're saying asking for a redshirt so he can play the entire 2019 season is the same as quitting the team? I disagree. I think accusing him of "quitting the team" is a cheap shot. Especially when it comes from the coach. But that's just me.

so far that is all we have to go on. Has JC come out and made any kind of statement on what went down? Maybe PR needs to offer to represent him pro bono in a lawsuit that way he can get all the facts (serious and not meant to be a wise ass reply so hopefully it will not come across that way).

PlayerRep said:
retiredpopo said:

I don't agree. 99 yards was much better than any of our other backs got, and is pretty good against any team. Ever play the game?

Yes in fact I did and was a 4 year letterman 2 year starter (8 man class C) both ways but that was over 40 years ago. I could have walked on to an naia school but was not big enough to play on the line and too slow to play in the backfield.

PlayerRep said:
retiredpopo said:

He has 41 carries for 209 averaging 5.1 ypc. I’d take that all day.

In his only game were in my opinion he was allowed to get lots of carriers and get into a rhythm he had 16 carries for 99 yards averaging 6.2 ypc

AllWeatherFan said:
retiredpopo said:

I guess it boils down to the exact reason he is not playing the final 2 weeks. If based on the assumption that he would not have a roster spot or scholarship for next season and yet he still decided not to play, what exactly would you call it?

HookedonGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
retiredpopo said:

In his only game were in my opinion he was allowed to get lots of carriers and get into a rhythm he had 16 carries for 99 yards averaging 6.2 ypc
So he finally got into rhythm, was available and then tells the coach he would prefer to sit the two rivalry games and consume a RS schollie next year. He had 206 yards net in 41 carries for a 5.0 average for the season. He was the best RB we had when he was available and it wasn't even close. That is the point, his availability. If you are HC do you go to the bank on a RB that is available for 4 games in a season? For his career in 4 years, he played in 35 of his teams 46 games and rushed 376 times for 1736 yards, an average of 94 carries and 434 yards per season and an average of 4.6 yards per carry. That is good production but it can be replaced next year.

PlayerRep said:
Since Calhoun started the last 2 gams he played, and gained 99 yards in the last one, I assume Hauck and the coaches saw reasonable talent and value in him. I'm not aware that Eastwood was hurt.
I'm sure They were counting on his availability for the two rivalry games and made offensive plans accordingly. His desire to sit would not be well received and required them to change plans.

kemajic said:
HookedonGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
retiredpopo said:

So he finally got into rhythm, was available and then tells the coach he would prefer to sit the two rivalry games and consume a RS schollie next year. He had 206 yards net in 41 carries for a 5.0 average for the season. He was the best RB we had when he was available and it wasn't even close. That is the point, his availability. If you are HC do you go to the bank on a RB that is available for 4 games in a season? For his career in 4 years, he played in 35 of his teams 46 games and rushed 376 times for 1736 yards, an average of 94 carries and 434 yards per season and an average of 4.6 yards per carry. That is good production but it can be replaced next year.

he also already sacrificed his freshman (likely redshirt) year for the team. and, as you note, he has endured many injuries and didn't hang it up, like i'm sure others would have.

or... if his production can be replaced next year, why not this? do you really think there are many rbs as good as calhoun out there playing h.s. football?

CDAGRIZ said:
argh! said:
kemajic said:

"If they don't fix the coaching situation to my personal satisfaction, I'm not supporting this team anymore. Hmmph!" Pure gold.
That is not a quote so don't use the quotation marks, but that is your style, OK. My posturing was prior to a crossroads decision was made and I was not sure UM had the balls to make the right decision; had they not I would have lost more respect for their choices (remember Engstrom). Yes, my enthusiasm for the program would have taken a nosedive, but I would not be a persistent whiner on eGriz over spilt milk.

Posturing before a decision is far different than continuous whining after decisions already made. It is a total waste of energy to readdress decisions already made let alone maintain a barrage of negativity when it is in the rearview mirror. BH is our HC; we are lucky to have him; he is paid to make decisions that affect players and the program and it is not his first rodeo. It is fine to express disagreement at the point of the decision; it is lame to keep it up and keep it up.

kemajic said:
HookedonGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
retiredpopo said:

During Calhoun's soph and junior years, he played in all but 1 game. Was very available. In 2017, gained 684 for 4.3 average. In 2016, gained 555 for 7.2 average. Has scored 27 TD's in his career, of which only 2 this year.

In past 3 years, has averaged 5.24 per carry.

Most of the games Calhoun has missed have been this year, as well as 3 his frosh year, when he wasn't a starter.

argh! said:
kemajic said:
HookedonGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

he also already sacrificed his freshman (likely redshirt) year for the team. and, as you note, he has endured many injuries and didn't hang it up, like i'm sure others would have.

or... if his production can be replaced next year, why not this? do you really think there are many rbs as good as calhoun out there playing h.s. football?

He doesn't seem to have missed any games due to injury in his last 3 years, other than he missed one game in 2016 and he had a concussion this year that caused him to miss some games. Where is all this injury stuff coming from? I don't recall, but the games played don't support lots of missed games due to injury.

kemajic said:
CDAGRIZ said:
argh! said:
kemajic said:

That is not a quote so don't use the quotation marks, but that is your style, OK. My posturing was prior to a crossroads decision was made and I was not sure UM had the balls to make the right decision; had they not I would have lost more respect for their choices (remember Engstrom). Yes, my enthusiasm for the program would have taken a nosedive, but I would not be a persistent whiner on eGriz over spilt milk.

Posturing before a decision is far different than continuous whining after decisions already made. It is a total waste of energy to readdress decisions already made let alone maintain a barrage of negativity when it is in the rearview mirror. BH is our HC; we are lucky to have him; he is paid to make decisions that affect players and the program and it is not his first rodeo. It is fine to express disagreement at the point of the decision; it is lame to keep it up and keep it up.

Is it a waste of time to read and discuss history books and history too? Just kidding.

Back