• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jensen

kemajic said:
HookedonGriz said:
I've heard that Coach Stitt wouldn't mind him coming to Oklahoma state but I don't know how much truth there is to that
Is there a coach named Stitt? The Stitt at OSU is an advisor, not a coach. He does not call a lot of shots.

Doubt he calls any shots.

BlackChickenHobo said:
Spanky2 said:
kemajic said:
HookedonGriz said:
I've heard that Coach Stitt wouldn't mind him coming to Oklahoma state but I don't know how much truth there is to that
Is there a coach named Stitt? The Stitt at OSU is an advisor, not a coach. He does not call a lot of shots.

Unless he is at a bar

Or batting clean-up. Have it on good authority that the dude absolutely crushes baseballs.

Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
BlackChickenHobo said:
Spanky2 said:
kemajic said:

Unless he is at a bar

Or batting clean-up. Have it on good authority that the dude absolutely crushes baseballs.

Scratch golfer is my understanding. Maybe he calls shots there?

mtgrizfankb said:
Igotgoodsources said:
He has a better chance of beating Sneed out for the starter job still than he does playing at WSU.

The WSU that they were referring too was Weber State. That wouldn't happen with BSC transfer and i doubt he actually wants to go to weber state. Anyways he should go juco then back up if he wants a real shot
I've said this many times but many still don't get it. There is a very small chance Jensen goes to JUCO. Half of the JUCO programs in the west have decided to dump their football programs. Them doing this screws over countless student athletes as there is now only a hndful of JUCO programs left.

WaGriz4life said:
mtgrizfankb said:
Igotgoodsources said:
He has a better chance of beating Sneed out for the starter job still than he does playing at WSU.

The WSU that they were referring too was Weber State. That wouldn't happen with BSC transfer and i doubt he actually wants to go to weber state. Anyways he should go juco then back up if he wants a real shot
I've said this many times but many still don't get it. There is a very small chance Jensen goes to JUCO. Half of the JUCO programs in the west have decided to dump their football programs. Them doing this screws over countless student athletes as there is now only a hndful of JUCO programs left.

Half? No that’s not accurate. There are some JCs in Arizona that have dropped recently but not half the JCs in the West.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bgbigdog said:
HookedonGriz said:
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
BlackChickenHobo said:
Unless he is at a bar

Cap’n Woulda-Coulda-Shoulda a scratch golfer? Explains a lot.

We’re you born a douchebag, or did that come later in life?

WaGriz4life said:
mtgrizfankb said:
Igotgoodsources said:

The kid didn’t leave montana’s backup/competing for a start to go to a d2. I doubt he wants to sit out another year and then only play 2 more years and have to be in another competition to win a starting job. The start move would be to go JC and play and play well. Then get the nod from a FCS or FBS program who needs an imediate starter. Sitting out a year at a school is tough because your one coaching change or recruitment away from being #2 all over again. As a player you always want to be the big guy coming in...not the hopeful on the bench. The guys has possible FBS talent he is never gonna get to FBS through D2

mtgrizfankb said:
WaGriz4life said:
mtgrizfankb said:
Igotgoodsources said:

The kid didn’t leave montana’s backup/competing for a start to go to a d2. I doubt he wants to sit out another year and then only play 2 more years and have to be in another competition to win a starting job. The start move would be to go JC and play and play well. Then get the nod from a FCS or FBS program who needs an imediate starter. Sitting out a year at a school is tough because your one coaching change or recruitment away from being #2 all over again. As a player you always want to be the big guy coming in...not the hopeful on the bench. The guys has possible FBS talent he is never gonna get to FBS through D2
I never said anything about him playing D2. I said it will be very hard for him to play JUCO as about half of the western United States jucos will be gone after next year. I bet he will go 1-AA and sit out somewhere or walk on to an FBS school somewhere.

AZGrizFan said:
bgbigdog said:
HookedonGriz said:
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:

Later definitely. Like yourself, that came with money & time to spend on an internet-free-for-all. The difference is that you’re a sixth degree black belt & I can only aspire to reach your level.

PlayerRep said:
"In 2018 or so, the NCAA might make some changes.

Some of the decision-makers in the NCAA’s big bureaucracy are pushing to allow players who reach a GPA benchmark to transfer without having to sit. The “academic exception,” as the NCAA calls it, would take effect in 2019-20. The NCAA has also kicked around an exception for players whose head coaches leave for other jobs.

Neither alteration would fundamentally change college sports. The academic exception would shift a small bit of power from coaches to players. It might lead to an increase in roster turnover. But teams are still bound by NCAA scholarship limits, and many (especially in major football and basketball) are now offering predominantly four-year scholarship deals that limit their flexibility to get into outright free agency.
All blanket transfer restrictions are bad.

The NCAA can’t know better than players and their families when it’s right for a player to leave a program.

The best thing to do would be to gut these rules altogether. That won’t happen any time soon, so reform advocates might have to take this little bit and be happy."

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/5/9/17311748/ncaa-transfer-rules-change-guide-list-sit-out

Bingo! You are nailing it! :thumb:

bgbigdog said:
AZGrizFan said:
bgbigdog said:
HookedonGriz said:

Later definitely. Like yourself, that came with money & time to spend on an internet-free-for-all. The difference is that you’re a sixth degree black belt & I can only aspire to reach your level.

Just don’t understand the vitriol for a guy who’s been gone for six fucking months. You really should seek counseling, as you obviously have an issue with obtaining closure.

Current UM transfer situations:

Part 1: [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaVYLN1hjZY[/youtube]

Part 2: [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGOHBPRVb7o[/youtube]

HookedonGriz said:
alabamagrizzly said:
HookedonGriz said:

Somebody said Montana State was interested but you can take it for what it’s worth.

I'm sure entire Big Sky is interested, but the releases make a lot of stipulations....Main one being they are not allowed to transfer to another Big Sky school. I'm positive this stated that as well.

Wait, so Jensen's release specifically states he can't transfer within the conference? Is this a universal rule or just in this case in particular? I can think of a cpl in-conference transfers over the years, specifically Grady Bennett from MSU to UM.

Zirg said:
HookedonGriz said:
alabamagrizzly said:
HookedonGriz said:

Somebody said Montana State was interested but you can take it for what it’s worth.

I'm sure entire Big Sky is interested, but the releases make a lot of stipulations....Main one being they are not allowed to transfer to another Big Sky school. I'm positive this stated that as well.

Wait, so Jensen's release specifically states he can't transfer within the conference? Is this a universal rule or just in this case in particular? I can think of a cpl in-conference transfers over the years, specifically Grady Bennett from MSU to UM.

Watch Part 1

Zirg said:
HookedonGriz said:
alabamagrizzly said:
HookedonGriz said:

in order to transfer UM has to grant him a release. With that release are usually terms such as (can't transfer to a conference member or team we are scheduled to play in the next 2 years) I don't personally know that those were terms added to his release but those are almost always added unless a player is a depth player or has an a special situation. For instance Robby Hauck asked for his release...and NAU gave him permission to transfer to UM due to his dad becoming the coach.

mtgrizfankb said:
Zirg said:
HookedonGriz said:
alabamagrizzly said:

in order to transfer UM has to grant him a release. With that release are usually terms such as (can't transfer to a conference member or team we are scheduled to play in the next 2 years) I don't personally know that those were terms added to his release but those are almost always added unless a player is a depth player or has an a special situation. For instance Robby Hauck asked for his release...and NAU gave him permission to transfer to UM due to his dad becoming the coach.

You are correct on all accounts and I found out even more since then.... The big sky conference itself has a transfer stipulation that will not allow a big sky player to go to another big sky school without special approval or circumstance. The NCAA is looking into changing all of that but as it stands right now that's the case

We also saw Erik Stoll transfer to UM from Idaho St. After starting as a true freshman for ISU, he sat a year at UM.

Back