• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jay Hill in the running at New Mexico

Status
Not open for further replies.
CDAGRIZ said:
wbtfg said:
Griz til I die said:
I feel bad for Jay Hill. This is the third year in a row Hills been under serious consideration for a mountain west job and has been passed up. I thought for sure he was gonna get the Utah State job last year. I think Choate will start being under serious consideration starting next year. The only way I could see him leaving MSU this year is for the UW defensive coordinator job but it’s starting to get late and I couldn’t see Choate wanting to put the cats in a bad situation by leaving this late in the year.

I think Choate likes being a head coach. I don't see him seeking out an assistant job. Even if it's a massive pay raise.

Dude, if he had a big time FBS coordinator offer, he'd be gone. I think I've seen this movie before.

"In a world, where people say an FCS coach loves the community, and people think he's building something great, will a head coach of a historically middling program turn down a 300%+ pay increase to screw his family and satisfy the fan base? This offseason, Fantasyland Pictures presents: Choach's Choice. This time, it's the Moobs versus the MILFs."
Thanks, now everyone is giving me weird looks for laughing at my phone.

Griz til I die said:
I feel bad for Jay Hill. This is the third year in a row Hills been under serious consideration for a mountain west job and has been passed up. I thought for sure he was gonna get the Utah State job last year. I think Choate will start being under serious consideration starting next year. The only way I could see him leaving MSU this year is for the UW defensive coordinator job but it’s starting to get late and I couldn’t see Choate wanting to put the cats in a bad situation by leaving this late in the year.
UW has already hired their DC

WaGriz4life said:
Griz til I die said:
Really? Did they stay internal?

Griz til I die said:
WaGriz4life said:
Griz til I die said:
Really? Did they stay internal?
Yes. Another former Bobcat coach, Pete Kwiatkowski

CDAGRIZ said:
wbtfg said:
Griz til I die said:

I think Choate likes being a head coach. I don't see him seeking out an assistant job. Even if it's a massive pay raise.

Dude, if he had a big time FBS coordinator offer, he'd be gone. I think I've seen this movie before.

Dude, he has had FBS coordinator offers. He turned them down.

wbtfg said:
CDAGRIZ said:
wbtfg said:
Griz til I die said:

Big time ones? Did Bama or NDSU come calling?

wbtfg said:
CDAGRIZ said:
wbtfg said:
Griz til I die said:

Which schools, dude?

Ursa Major said:
wbtfg said:
Griz til I die said:

I couldn't agree more. The head coach gets to pick the toppings of the pizza for coach's meetings. Choach had enough of Petersen's plant-based bullshit. He's his own man now.
Thank God for this comment.

When you make rational, serious football posts, it confuses me. There is enough Sturm und Drang in my life.

Htowngriz said:
wbtfg said:
CDAGRIZ said:
wbtfg said:

Big time ones? Did Bama or NDSU come calling?

There is an absolute dearth of MILFs in Fargo. That's a deal breaker for my guy. We will talk to USC, Ole Miss, ASU, Texas, Bama, Florida, Georgia, A&M, FSU, LSU, Miami, and South Carolina. Fuck the Big 10, they get nothing.

MsMaroon said:
Ursa Major said:
wbtfg said:
Griz til I die said:

I couldn't agree more. The head coach gets to pick the toppings of the pizza for coach's meetings. Choach had enough of Petersen's plant-based bullshit. He's his own man now.

When you make rational, serious football posts, it confuses me. There is enough Sturm und Drang in my life.
As usual, you’re exactly right, MM. I need to stay in my lane!

New Mex is a crap gig. I get that Weber is an embarrassment Hill probably doesn't tell friends about, but New Mex is an even deader end job

griz4life said:
New Mex is a crap gig. I get that Weber is an embarrassment Hill probably doesn't tell friends about, but New Mex is an even deader end job

I have to agree. A P5 coordinator job (excluding some schools like Illinois, Vandy, Wake Forest, Kansas, and a few more) would seem a much better option than HC at a dumpster FBS school.

CDAGRIZ said:
griz4life said:
I have to agree. A P5 coordinator job (excluding some schools like Illinois, Vandy, Wake Forest, Kansas, and a few more) would seem a much better option than HC at a dumpster FBS school.
But: DG is from Albuquerque, played HS football there, graduated from UNM (business administration, plus Master's in PE), and started coaching there as a graduate assistant. The HC job for the Lobos is likely something he dreamed about as a kid. And with his Hispanic background, he'll kill recruiting in New Mexico ... and it for sure won't hurt him in Texas. And he's relatively young (43) -- Bob Davie is a great guy, but he's getting up there (and his ties in the west are weak).

May or may not work out, but it has the makings of a big upgrade.

wbtfg said:
CDAGRIZ said:
wbtfg said:
Griz til I die said:

Which schools? Who reported this?

I also turned down a job that would pay me $300,000 more per year than I’m currently making. Totally normal and everyone believes me.

I hope Chote stays right where he is. I like the competition but I'm pretty sure in a presser or TV interview when he was first hired he said the only way be be head at the next level was to prove you are worthy at this level.

Struck me a bit odd at the time.

WaGriz4life said:
wbtfg said:
CDAGRIZ said:
wbtfg said:

Which schools? Who reported this?

I also turned down a job that would pay me $300,000 more per year than I’m currently making. Totally normal and everyone believes me.

:lol: :lol:

Ursa Major said:
MsMaroon said:
Ursa Major said:
wbtfg said:

As usual, you’re exactly right, MM. I need to stay in my lane!

You 2 need to get a room. May I suggest the new suites at mammoth? The showers run mild warm to cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back