• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jacob Elder/Grover... A Great Story!!!

Jmarine34 said:
Well well, I am in aw reading all of your warm posts.

Firstly, I am Jacob Elder, formerly Jacob Grover. A lot has changed since my short stint with the Griz.

After two years with the Griz, my troubled past (trauma experienced in Liberia), caught up with me. I hit rock bottom. After struggling through my sophomore semester, I dropped out of school and quit the team. A few months later, I found myself in Marine Corps boot camp.

I served four honorable years in the Marines with one deployment overseas as a radio operator (Communication). I was honorably discharged from the Marines as a Sergeant (E-5).

Upon my discharge from the Marines, I enrolled in a small private college in New York to start my junior year. After a year in New York, I returned to Montana in August of 2018. I will graduate this Spring from UM with a BA in Criminology/Sociology.

Also, I am starting law school this Fall with hopes of practicing immigration law.

I appreciate the nice things you all had to say about my brother and myself.

Montana and its people have been very good to my brother and me. It would feel accomplished if someday I am able to serve this great State and its people. My service to this great State would be the little I can give back for all I have been given.

My past in a war-torn country did not break me, but made me the man I am today.

Thank you all again. Happy New Year, and God bless.

Jacob Elder.

Thank you for your service, Jacob. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Jmarine34 said:

Firstly, I am Jacob Elder, formerly Jacob Grover. A lot has changed since my short stint with the Griz.

After two years with the Griz, my troubled past (trauma experienced in Liberia), caught up with me. I hit rock bottom. After struggling through my sophomore semester, I dropped out of school and quit the team. A few months later, I found myself in Marine Corps boot camp.

I served four honorable years in the Marines with one deployment overseas as a radio operator (Communication). I was honorably discharged from the Marines as a Sergeant (E-5).

Upon my discharge from the Marines, I enrolled in a small private college in New York to start my junior year. After a year in New York, I returned to Montana in August of 2018. I will graduate this Spring from UM with a BA in Criminology/Sociology.

Also, I am starting law school this Fall with hopes of practicing immigration law.

Montana and its people have been very good to my brother and me. It would feel accomplished if someday I am able to serve this great State and its people. My service to this great State would be the little I can give back for all I have been given.

Jacob Elder.

Good for you! What a great story.

And I wish you nothing but the best as an immigration lawyer. God knows we need those these days.

Jacob, I followed your story a bit at UM knowing Travis and Doc. Thank you for your service and the inspiration you provide to many from your testimony! Let me know if a career in the MTARNG is ever of any interest for your continued service. I would be honored to serve beside you and know the organization could use more incredible men of character like you. Oooorah!

Jmarine34 said:

Jacob Elder.

Up with MONTANA Boys.. :thumb:

Back