• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

If NDSU were to have an FBS conference??

EverettGriz said:
And yet, Marshall is ON television. UM is on Pluto. If it happens to be working that week, that is.

UM is on television most of the time. Your goal may be to have to have your team on better television, but mine certainly isn't.

If Marshall is in such a wonderful spot, why us UM's recent home attendance better? And note that UM's hasn't even been making the playoffs in recent years. When UM RTD's, attendance should go up a bit, I would think.

How is attendance accounted for? Different schools, different system. I know of a picture of the Kibbie Dome, that showed the stands, and there couldn't have been more that 5,000 in the whole damn tater shed, which has a stated capacity of 16,000, claiming attendance of 14,500. And the picture wasn't taken near halftime, so the aluminum can't be blamed on a beer waiting in the tailgate area, unlike the Delaney/Stitt era at UM. A picture is worth a thousand words. How many actually had a ticket and came to watch the game? I had heard UI gave away, or nearly gave away, large blocks of tickets to puff up the 'attendance' numbers for that particular game. I don't forsee UMs attendance as anything but capacity during BHs tenure, photo verified.

PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:
And yet, Marshall is ON television. UM is on Pluto. If it happens to be working that week, that is.

UM is on television most of the time. Your goal may be to have to have your team on better television, but mine certainly isn't.

If Marshall is in such a wonderful spot, why us UM's recent home attendance better? And note that UM's hasn't even been making the playoffs in recent years. When UM RTD's, attendance should go up a bit, I would think.

:clap: :thumb:

Why are we worried about UNDSU's conference(s)? Can't we just get back to complaining about that joke of a Big Sky Conference?

alabamagrizzly said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Does everyone remember that Central Florida was an FCS move up? Jus sayin’....

South Florida...considering geographical proximity out here becomes a nightmare. Tampa and Orlando are only about a 100 miles apart. The schools out here seem to be filled with administrators who don't understand the logistics involved in a spread out conference...the travel involved severely affects even high school athletics in a far flung state such as Montana.

Central Florida, South Florida, Florida International, and Florida Atlantic are all former FCS teams.

Before Sam Jankovich built the Miami athletic department basically from scratch they rarely had a winning season. Florida has a tremendous amount of good high school coaches and the kids in that state as in most southern states are prepared to play as soon as they set foot on a college campus. College coaches rarely have to break bad habits good athletes acquire via poor coaching and officiating in those states.

Back