• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

I officially hate...

MT Jack said:
Everyone here knows It's because traveling to back water towns like Flagstaff, Missoula, Pocatello, Moscow is miserable to prep last minute.

This is a lame excuse and does not make it right.

How many times has Montana won the Big Sky Conf. regular season title? And... how many times has it hosted the post-season tourney?
Hmmm. Asking for a friend.

In short, the Big Sky Conference is the problem.

Let me go one step further: This week's NCAA Women's D1 RPI rankings show (right now) Montana ranked at 92. Idaho is next at 175, followed by NAU at 277. This is not sour grapes at NAU'S win; upsets happen frequently.
The real PROBLEM is that -- despite the loss to NAU in Flagstaff -- the Big Sky does NOT take any steps to lobby for Montana as a legit second playoff-qualifying team. I'm willing to bet they won't lift a finger to lobby for Montana, however.

As a result, I strongly support coach Citowicki's strategy of scheduling home matches against high quality opponents. That strategy gives a sizeable Montana soccer fan base the opportunity to watch quality opponents. But I will go one step farther: Montana does NOT need the Big Sky. The Big Sky needs Montana (easy to prove, folks $$$).

This exists through ALL Big Sky Conf sports. I'd be happy to provide more stats; they're easy to put on the table.

Latest posts

Back