• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

I officially hate...

Paytonlives

Staff member
Soccer again.

After watching NAU flop around the field and act like surgery is needed

Griz get homered in NAU and lose 1-0

I just hate the fact that teams that win the regular season can’t host the con tourney tell the following season. Maybe one of the dumbest rules in ncaa sports.

Griz seemed flat for the first 30 min. The NAU goal was decent, but lucky. Griz fought hard for the last half. Just couldn't get it in goal.

Iowagriz said:
Griz seemed flat for the first 30 min. The NAU goal was decent, but lucky. Griz fought hard for the last half. Just couldn't get it in goal.

I would say flat all game.

Yeah that fucking sucks. This GRIZ team was dominant all year. Wins over Oklahoma; a draw with Ohio state; undefeated in bsc play. Thwy would have drawn a seed that would have given them a chance to advance in the ncaa tournament.

And yet they have to travel to play the 4 seed on their home pitch at 7100 feet. That's bullshit, but then again it's the bsc so you already knew that.

And don't move the thread, Payton. Coach Cheeto and these Ladies deserve to have people read about them.

Don't get me wrong I really enjoyed watching Griz soccer this year, I just hate how flopping is a tactic used.

Should be penalized with playing 3 minutes with one less player

I watched the second half and the ladies just couldn’t get it in the goal. I would say out of the 45 minute second half the ladies played in the NAU end probably 40 minutes. Shots on goal had to be 3 to 1 favor of the lady Griz. They had a great year but a sour ending. I hate NAU too. We’re 0 for 2 this year. It’s up to the mens and women's BB to even the score.

4_0_6 said:
wbtfg said:
What was the more disappointing loss to NAU. Soccer or Football?

I think soccer since it ended the season. Does seem like a silly system.

Conference championships make sense in the P5 where multiple teams get bids. In the bsc, you need to send your best team. And the best team is the GRIZ, and it's not even remotely close.

Now the bsc will send a shitty team, draw UCLA and lose 7 nil.

We gotta get the eff outta this conference

Paytonlives said:
Soccer again.

After watching NAU flop around the field and act like surgery is needed

Griz get homered in NAU and lose 1-0

I was cheering for the lady Griz. NAU was the definition of lawn fairies.

NAU definitely focused on neutralizing Sky Thompson. They worked her over. She was limping early and often. That as well as a handful of early no calls really altered the game.

Griz get to host soccer championship next year courtesy of winning the conference this year. It gives them the benefit that NAU had this year.

Everyone here knows It's because traveling to back water towns like Flagstaff, Missoula, Pocatello, Moscow is miserable to prep last minute.

If the Griz win the conference as a 2nd or 3rd seed next year while hosting, I'm sure no complaints will occur. Big Sky conference soccer has some quality teams. Shame the conference only gets one bid.

EverettGriz -NAU doesn't have a rodeo team.

Latest posts

Back