• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

How did Britt do on the practice squad this year?

kemajic said:
mtgrizrule said:
I'll go out on a limb and say it. Morris will xfr from Washington. It makes sense, considering the current landscape. Added bonus points: Morris is friends with some of the current GRIZ.
I don't think Morris could win the job here.

Agreed - as a UW fan as well, I was pretty surprised that he didn’t look better after starting 4 games in 2020. Part of me wonders if it was due to the offensive scheme, but most of his INTs were bad throws or just right into coverage.

kemajic said:
mtgrizrule said:
I'll go out on a limb and say it. Morris will xfr from Washington. It makes sense, considering the current landscape. Added bonus points: Morris is friends with some of the current GRIZ.
I don't think Morris could win the job here.

I'm not sure, how impactful he would be. In his defense, the coaching staff has hindered their talent as well. Where have we heard that before? To me, his transferring here makes a lot of sense.

I'd love to see other possible qb transfers. However, I doubt any other would be as easy to somewhat piece together sensibly.

I don’t believe it would be Morris at all. I am basing my argument based on the fact that Hunt Duck’s post was made in early August. Morris was named the starting quarterback for the University of Washington based on his performance the prior year. Why would the starting quarterback for a Power 5 team make a decision to transfer before the season even begins? It doesn’t make sense to me.

Griz1 said:
I don’t believe it would be Morris at all. I am basing my argument based on the fact that Hunt Duck’s post was made in early August. Morris was named the starting quarterback for the University of Washington based on his performance the prior year. Why would the starting quarterback for a Power 5 team make a decision to transfer before the season even begins? It doesn’t make sense to me.

Well, Huard is starting the Apple Cup game. His play will likely determine a lot for Morris. Plus, Morris had a good number of friends on the GRIZ. Washington will have a new coach. That will impact roster moves this spring, maybe sooner. Plus, rumors are floating around UW regarding Morris as a likely departure.

I won't be surprised, if he xfrs and or becomes a GRIZ.

alabamagrizzly said:
Scout team player of the year, usually leads to a productive Griz career.

I agree and am as excited about Britt as anybody.

But I am excited about Brown too.

Plus Offensive Scout Team Player of the Year isn't a lock for greatness at QB, just ask Garrett Graves (2018 Scout O POY) playing safety.

mtgrizrule said:
Griz1 said:

Well, Huard is starting the Apple Cup game. His play will likely determine a lot for Morris. Plus, Morris had a good number of friends on the GRIZ. Washington will have a new coach. That will impact roster moves this spring, maybe sooner. Plus, rumors are floating around UW regarding Morris as a likely departure.

Morris may get the job back by default after Huard’s performance….

AZGrizFan said:
mtgrizrule said:

Morris may get the job back by default after Huard’s performance….

Hence, my reasoning for posting, his play will likely determine a lot. Hell, we could be talking about the wrong WA qb transferring. I'm sure the coaching changes will determine a lot too.

Latest posts

Back