• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Helena QB Kaden Huot commits!

sdk.catfish said:
Can he play safety or kick? Cause that is pretty much where Montana QB prospects go under Hauck. I don't think I need to name names.

Let me guess: Coach Sixx didn’t want this kid anyway? I can’t imagine why MSU is getting boat raced at in-state recruiting with Mr. Personality running the show. “Here’s where we play football games, or whatever. If you sign with us, you’ll be exactly whelmed. Or don’t. I don’t really care. So, are we about done here, because I have book club in 20 minutes.”

sdk.catfish said:
Can he play safety or kick? Cause that is pretty much where Montana QB prospects go under Hauck. I don't think I need to name names.

:lol: cda is right as rain.
I would be pretty pissed too if I were a bubby—watching all the great in-state talent slip away, like your future.
And the irony is amazing. I can think of several MT QBs who had great careers in the modern era. However, for the Bubcats, other than the one year the Dillon cowboy played the position, the only one I can think of is the kid who threw 39 pics against The Griz and then transferred to Tech. I mean seriously, after interception number 26, you’d think they would try something else. Poor kid. Not sure I’ve ever felt bad for a Bubs but that kid, oh man.

Great day to be a Griz.

There’s a party goin’ on right here

CDAGRIZ said:
sdk.catfish said:

Let me guess: Coach Sixx didn’t want this kid anyway? I can’t imagine why MSU is getting boat raced at in-state recruiting with Mr. Personality running the show. “Here’s where we play football games, or whatever. If you sign with us, you’ll be exactly whelmed. Or don’t. I don’t really care. So, are we about done here, because I have book club in 20 minutes.”

Spoke to the parents of 2 athletes who attended the Cats “so-called” Junior Day at the Shrine Game. They obviously toured the facilities and the new unfinished Bobcat Athletic Complex. Both said they were underwhelmed by the facilities and coaches…especially new HC. Apparently the highlight of the day was all the athletes getting their pictures taken in the tighty-whities that have been burning our eyes on Twitter.

406 Grizzly said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Spoke to the parents of 2 athletes who attended the Cats “so-called” Junior Day at the Shrine Game. They obviously toured the facilities and the new unfinished Bobcat Athletic Complex. Both said they were underwhelmed by the facilities and coaches…especially new HC. Apparently the highlight of the day was all the athletes getting their pictures taken in the tighty-whities that have been burning our eyes on Twitter.

Least surprising news I’ve heard in a while, but thanks for it. I can’t imagine being a HS recruit and talking to Sixx. I’d be ready for a nap or a tornado to carry me somewhere else that isn’t a low T Elks Club square dance/pancake breakfast. Ugh, get me the fuck out of there…

sdk.catfish said:

Andrew Selle
Brady Gustafson
Kris Brown

He plays the kids who can do the job. Bobby likes to win more than armchair fans do. Where the kids come from is not an issue with him. However, it seems that for some fans it is an issue.

GrizJohnson said:
I agree that this commitment is huge for us not only because he is a phenomenal player but because other recruits in and out of state are seeing what we are building here and Kaden is a QB which is kind of a de facto leader of the team. His commitment could swing players like Taco Dowler because he would essentially be catching balls from him. If hope we offer Caden soon because they are a package deal. Still though, I could definitely see UM start to reel in a lot of in state studs in the wake of this commitment. Zac Crews said in that article he would like to commit before his senior season starts, maybe sooner. Tyson Rostad is also another kid I would be watching. Exciting times ahead I believe!!

The Dowler boys are hard Cat leans it appears for some obvious reasons mostly we offer one and not the other. So don’t think we get them unless Griz step up on the offers which with this year might not be possible. I really want Zac Crews. I think we get him if FBS doesn’t come calling.

As far as this commitment it’s a good one. The kid can sling it. His accuracy and arm strength look great. He looks like a decent athlete that can move but not sure I’d call him a dual QB. He has an interesting three quarter release almost side arm release that reminds me of Phillip Rivers so that might be my criticism of him but arm delivery isn’t everything I suppose.

CDAGRIZ said:
406 Grizzly said:

Least surprising news I’ve heard in a while, but thanks for it. I can’t imagine being a HS recruit and talking to Sixx. I’d be ready for a nap or a tornado to carry me somewhere else that isn’t a low T Elks Club square dance/pancake breakfast. Ugh, get me the [#]f### out of there…
5fwpxg.jpg

CDAGRIZ said:
sdk.catfish said:

As a Bobcat fan, I am worried this is true. The guy appears to have the personality and recruiting chops of a department store mannequin.

CDAGRIZ said:
sdk.catfish said:

:lol:

sdk.catfish said:

He can do both and still sell popcorn at halftime!

CDAGRIZ said:
sdk.catfish said:

Better to be whelmed than underwhelmed. :p :p

garizzalies said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Least surprising news I’ve heard in a while, but thanks for it. I can’t imagine being a HS recruit and talking to Sixx. I’d be ready for a nap or a tornado to carry me somewhere else that isn’t a low T Elks Club square dance/pancake breakfast. Ugh, get me the [#]f### out of there…
5fwpxg.jpg

I horse laughed at this one! Very good.

I know I asked this some time ago, but which Huot is his dad and which is his uncle? I played against Anaconda in high school and against them when I was a sophomore. Yes, one of them did play RB, and I remember getting lit up by one at the end of the game while I was running the ball. Super fun memories :lol:

AZDoc said:
I know I asked this some time ago, but which Huot is his dad and which is his uncle? I played against Anaconda in high school and against them when I was a sophomore. Yes, one of them did play RB, and I remember getting lit up by one at the end of the game while I was running the ball. Super fun memories :lol:

Tony...Dad, Cory....Uncle

His dad Tony played on our Shrine Game squad. Good dude and a good football player. I wish his son all the best as a Griz!

CDAGRIZ said:
sdk.catfish said:

I understand Sixx’s recruitment ‘closer speech’ includes a vim-less, long-winded story about how his 15-year old dullard 2nd-cousin, Cliff, tried to save the 1993 sugar beet harvest.

The tractors were stalled in the field as the Sixx family hierarchy attempted to repair them before a weeks long rainstorm hit.

A couple of days passed, as the storm clouds gathered on the horizon, Cliff asked, “Has anybody checked if there’s gas in the tractors?”

It turns out that Cliff was correct and the tractors wouldn’t start because they were out of fuel.

Unfortunately Cliff didn’t speak up in time and the rain and hail devastated the Sixx farm’s 1993 harvest.

For punishment, Cliff was dropped off at a Hutterite Colony outside of Williston and was never heard from again.

The moral of the story is that those that don’t speak up and grab an opportunity are often left behind.

It’s not a very good story.

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I understand Sixx’s recruitment ‘closer speech’ includes a vim-less, long-winded story about how his 15-year old dullard 2nd-cousin, Cliff, tried to save the 1993 sugar beet harvest.

The tractors were stalled in the field as the Sixx family hierarchy attempted to repair them before a weeks long rainstorm hit.

A couple of days passed, as the storm clouds gathered on the horizon, Cliff asked, “Has anybody checked if there’s gas in the tractors?”

It turns out that Cliff was correct and the tractors wouldn’t start because they were out of fuel.

Unfortunately Cliff didn’t speak up in time and the rain and hail devastated the Sixx farm’s 1993 harvest.

For punishment, Cliff was dropped off at a Hutterite Colony outside of Williston and was never heard from again.

The moral of the story is that those that don’t speak up and grab an opportunity are often left behind.

It’s not a very good story.

:lol: This speech would make recruits want to run through an open doorway, put on an episode of "Downton Abbey", and take a nap on the couch.

HookedonGriz said:
Big time pick up.....probably top prospect in the state!

“Huot, a rising senior, is listed at 6-foot-3, 205-pounds and according to 247sports, he's a three-star recruit and the top-ranked prospect in the state on Montana.

And on Thursday morning, after recently taking visits to both Montana and Montana State, Huot announced his commitment to the Griz.”
I hope he does play for the Griz, but this is an early commit so we shall see. If he has a stellar senior year he might still get an offer or pwo from osu where he has wanted to play since he was a kid, like his dad and uncle.

Jesse said:
HookedonGriz said:
Big time pick up.....probably top prospect in the state!

“Huot, a rising senior, is listed at 6-foot-3, 205-pounds and according to 247sports, he's a three-star recruit and the top-ranked prospect in the state on Montana.

And on Thursday morning, after recently taking visits to both Montana and Montana State, Huot announced his commitment to the Griz.”
I hope he does play for the Griz, but this is an early commit so we shall see. If he has a stellar senior year he might still get an offer or pwo from osu where he has wanted to play since he was a kid, like his dad and uncle.
It’s so funny to me that every year people think there are Montana kids who could go FBS. There is 1 that does about every 4 or 5 years. Who was the last QB from Montana that went FBS? Brady Leaf in 2002

Back