• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

He "Sneeds" to be benched

pretty sure Sneed is nursing a quad injury. I don't think you can compare Cam's numbers simply because he has not have enough time to settle in. let him play a full game as a starter and see what happens especially after taking starter snaps in practice for 2 weeks.

retiredpopo said:
pretty sure Sneed is nursing a quad injury. I don't think you can compare Cam's numbers simply because he has not have enough time to settle in. let him play a full game as a starter and see what happens especially after taking starter snaps in practice for 2 weeks.

So, you take a guy who’s a prolific runner, take away his ONE advantage over the guy who’s a much better passer, and you still play him? That sounds like BH stubbornness at its finest right there.

AZGrizFan said:
retiredpopo said:

So, you take a guy who’s a prolific runner, take away his ONE advantage over the guy who’s a much better passer, and you still play him? That sounds like BH stubbornness at its finest right there.
ya lost me..I am saying let Cam get first team starter reps in practice all week or in this case two weeks and let him play and he will have some great stats. I agree BH needs to make the tough decision and pull Sneed for at least the next game to see how Cam fares.

retiredpopo said:
AZGrizFan said:
retiredpopo said:

ya lost me..I am saying let Cam get first team starter reps in practice all week or in this case two weeks and let him play and he will have some great stats. I agree BH needs to make the tough decision and pull Sneed for at least the next game to see how Cam fares.

I’m saying why is BH playing a hurt Sneed where his ONE advantage is neutralized? He’s a below average passer past 10 yards, and he can’t run with a quad injury. What’s the upside?

PlayerRep said:
Don't think I'd replace the starter prior to the Davis game.

I get where conventional wisdom would say to not bench a starter right before a big game. However, Sneed needs to heal and chill out. Another poster mentioned a quad injury that is hindering his ability to run. That tells me that Sneed needs some time off to get himself back in battery.

Just an FYI, Alabama swapped out a starting QB during the national championship game, so it can be done. It strikes me as a similar scenario, actually. The starter was more of a runner and the backup was more of a passer. It horribly screwed up Georgia’s game plan when they did that. I think the Griz can do something similar. It’s no knock on Sneed. He needs to heal and Bobby needs to get ahead of the defensive coordinators. Cam can chuck it downfield much better than Sneed and that is what we really need. The WR need some cushion and the safeties need to back off the line. Right now with Sneed’s inability to make the longer throw, defenses are crowding the line and preventing the underneath routes. Stretching the field will 1) open up the underneath routes 2) unclog running lanes and 3) make the safeties respect the boundary receivers.

Now, Cam really isn’t going to replace what Sneed brings to the table, but he represents a different game than the one Sneed represents. At the very least, he needs to give Sneed a break and let him recover.

Latest posts

Back