• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Hauck, Sneed and Olson Views

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
PlayerRep said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
PlayerRep said:
Weber didn't force 5 TO. It got the benefit of a slippery field and slippery ball, and yes made a few plays. The UM D was way better than Weber's D.

Watch the game and learn something about football before you post in the future.

UM also got the benefit of a slippery field and ball and forced precisely zero turnovers. Yes, yes, if a bounce had went our way blah blah, but it didn’t and we lost. I accept it, and don’t make excuses for sneed and his record breaking bad game. He threw five picks. That is exceptionally bad, and Weber had something to do with that.

And you don't understand the game of football and never played the game.

Jeez, no one said that both teams didn't play on the same field.

I only played the game at the high school level, so what bud. It doesn’t take a former or current college athlete to understand the game of football. And you said that Weber didn’t force those turnovers, but they most certainly did. They zoned up, which clearly flustered sneed, who under pressure from their d line proceeded to have the worst game by any QB in UM history.

When a wet ball slips out of a QB's hand, that is not a forced TO?

Which of the interceptions do you feel was forced?

Wet ball slipping defined by whom? Was not aware there are different categories/stats for TOs. Meaning a fumble is a fumble and an INT is still an INT. Stats do not have *s.

PlayerRep said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
PlayerRep said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
UM also got the benefit of a slippery field and ball and forced precisely zero turnovers. Yes, yes, if a bounce had went our way blah blah, but it didn’t and we lost. I accept it, and don’t make excuses for sneed and his record breaking bad game. He threw five picks. That is exceptionally bad, and Weber had something to do with that.

And you don't understand the game of football and never played the game.

Jeez, no one said that both teams didn't play on the same field.

I only played the game at the high school level, so what bud. It doesn’t take a former or current college athlete to understand the game of football. And you said that Weber didn’t force those turnovers, but they most certainly did. They zoned up, which clearly flustered sneed, who under pressure from their d line proceeded to have the worst game by any QB in UM history.

When a wet ball slips out of a QB's hand, that is not a forced TO?

Which of the interceptions do you feel was forced?

I’d have to go back and rewatch to get specific, and I’m too lazy for that. One ball for sure was probably a completion If the ball wasn’t wet. He tried to get it to Jerry when he had his corner beat and practically threw it ten yards over his head right to the safety.

The blocked punt was weird. Griz had three guys back protecting in front of the punter......none of them ever looked to their right where the guy who blocked it came from. One of the blockers glanced backed expecting to watch the punter get it off easily...but no it was being blocked by a guy none of them even saw. Real weird to me that none of the three Griz blockers came anywhere close to blocking the play.

Mousegriz said:
The blocked punt was weird. Griz had three guys back protecting in front of the punter......none of them ever looked to their right where the guy who blocked it came from. One of the blockers glanced backed expecting to watch the punter get it off easily...but no it was being blocked by a guy none of them even saw. Real weird to me that none of the three Griz blockers came anywhere close to blocking the play.
According to Hauck, it was a bad playcall. None of those three had that guy as an assignment. The person who normally would block that guy was assigned to run down the field. IIRC, Hauck explained all that in an interview and took the blame for making a bad call.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
griznative24 said:
I like Hauck but the best defense in the BSC doesn't get blown out by Sac and msu...

Who had a better defense?

A defense is measured by how they play in a season, not by how they play in every game, or by how they play in bad games.

UM blew out Weber, once. SS beat the Cats soundly. UM played D played better in its game against Oregon than the Cats did in its FBS game.

UM's D was terrific in the playoffs.

Feel free to say that Weber or Cats have a better D, but it makes no sense to say UM's D isn't great because the team lost 2 games big.

Agreed. It’s a cumulative effort, with ups and downs. If our D plays like that next year we’re gonna go a long ways.

Didn't you go a long ways this year?

PlayerRep said:
Walkon79 said:
kemajic said:
I don't know too many defenses that could hold a #3 seeded team to 10 offensive points, 8 1st downs and 113 yards total offense when put in the hole with 5 interceptions. They were exceptional last night.

They were absolutely exceptional Friday night. But the best D in the conference was the one that forced 5 turnovers and blocked a punt. The second best held a top 20 rushing team to 19 yards.

Weber didn't force 5 TO. It got the benefit of a slippery field and slippery ball, and yes made a few plays. The UM D was way better than Weber's D.

Watch the game and learn something about football before you post in the future.
So do you think the Griz D is better than the Bobcat D? If so you're dUMber than I thought😂

PlayerRep said:
Walkon79 said:
kemajic said:
I don't know too many defenses that could hold a #3 seeded team to 10 offensive points, 8 1st downs and 113 yards total offense when put in the hole with 5 interceptions. They were exceptional last night.

They were absolutely exceptional Friday night. But the best D in the conference was the one that forced 5 turnovers and blocked a punt. The second best held a top 20 rushing team to 19 yards.

So the coverage and scheme had NOTHING to do with the 5 picks? If you think that YOU know nothing about this game!

SACCAT66 said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
griznative24 said:
I like Hauck but the best defense in the BSC doesn't get blown out by Sac and msu...

Who had a better defense?

A defense is measured by how they play in a season, not by how they play in every game, or by how they play in bad games.

UM blew out Weber, once. SS beat the Cats soundly. UM played D played better in its game against Oregon than the Cats did in its FBS game.

UM's D was terrific in the playoffs.

Feel free to say that Weber or Cats have a better D, but it makes no sense to say UM's D isn't great because the team lost 2 games big.

Agreed. It’s a cumulative effort, with ups and downs. If our D plays like that next year we’re gonna go a long ways.

Didn't you go a long ways this year?

Even longer.

Back