• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz vs. North Dakota Friday 12/6 7PM

grizonbob said:
MikeyGriz said:
Nice comments from Michael Oguine on air with Riley.

I missed some of what he had to say. Did he talk about his experiences playing in Europe? Is the season over?

Talking about his color commentary during the game.

grizonbob said:
Manuel's on fire... he was struggling earlier this year but seems to have really found his stroke

Doing a great job getting his shot in the mid range. Timmy Falls also creating a lot of offense after his early struggles (and no TOs!).

maroonandsilver said:
kurtismichael said:
DPGriz said:
grizzlyjournal said:
Go in the main west entry lobby doors & head toward the south ticket entry gate. There'll be a card table set up just to the right of the Will Call window. They'll have a list of names of those who get complimentary tix.

Thanks!

I took to my kids to a couple games this way last season. And we are going tonight as well. Awesome that Coach DeCuire does this.

God forbid you cheapskates can't put a couple of bucks into the program! :roll:
Do you know me or my family’s financial situation? I take my kids to football, Griz and Lady Griz basketball games when we can afford it. My 10 year old and myself have chronic medical conditions that use up most of our excess income. I’m not being cheap I’m being responsible while still trying to support the Griz. So you know what go ahead and f**k off

Big Sage said:
Pridget is awesome. Pluto is not awesome!

Yes, he is. And he has the perfect makeup and leadership skills to shepherd this young team where they want to go. It's really impressive to watch, he will go far in life no matter what he chooses to do.

Kurt is right.

Egriz is full of inconsiderate, condescending, negative, disrespectful, clueless posters of late. Without a clue, you're being called cheap. Earlier, I'm bashed for having some fun here, and to feel like a liar, regarding Akem's status. Being sone here would prefer for someone feed them information, rather than think for one's self. Yet, in the past, if someone providing information here, would be slightly wrong, they too are criticized for not being 100 % correct. Damn if you do, damn if you don't on here. I wish some posters would be more considerate of others, especially when you have no idea what someone is or has been through. I agree, f some of the asses, and critics here.

Hoops watcher said:
Big Sage said:

Yes, he is. And he has the perfect makeup and leadership skills to shepherd this young team where they want to go. It's really impressive to watch, he will go far in life no matter what he chooses to do.

Absolutely love his game and was really blown away by how he stepped up last year after the Akoh injury. To be able to fit in as a role player for several years behind a few excellent seniors and then immediately flip the switch and be an elite player after the Akoh injury was so impressive.

Really hope the rest of the team continues to grow around Sayeed so he can get the coronation he deserves during conference play.

DPGriz said:
Hoops watcher said:
Big Sage said:

Absolutely love his game and was really blown away by how he stepped up last year after the Akoh injury. To be able to fit in as a role player for several years behind a few excellent seniors and then immediately flip the switch and be an elite player after the Akoh injury was so impressive.

Really hope the rest of the team continues to grow around Sayeed so he can get the coronation he deserves during conference play.

He was a steady presence last year and really stepped up his scoring when Akoh was lost or even when Mike or Ahmad were having an off night. One thing that should help in the development of the new guys is that he doesn't have to have the ball in his hands all the time to be effective as he's a very efficient offensive player.

I spend a little time most games just focusing on what he's doing. He never takes it easy on D, hits the glass hard and always seems to have his head in the game. It's a great example for one of the best players in the league to show the younger guys what it takes to succeed. You can see him encourage them when they make a good play and when they take a bad foul or turn it over. He's like a coach and mentor on the floor, I just think it's impressive. It's these qualities and maturity that could make him a possible coach down the road if he wanted. He's rapidly rising on my all time favorite Griz list, just MHO.

maroonandsilver said:
kurtismichael said:
DPGriz said:
grizzlyjournal said:
Go in the main west entry lobby doors & head toward the south ticket entry gate. There'll be a card table set up just to the right of the Will Call window. They'll have a list of names of those who get complimentary tix.

Thanks!

I took to my kids to a couple games this way last season. And we are going tonight as well. Awesome that Coach DeCuire does this.

God forbid you cheapskates can't put a couple of bucks into the program! :roll:

There's no need to be condescending. The 10 or so tix that Coach hands out represent such a minuscule fraction of the overall bball expenses, but as a marketing tool, they are priceless. And I agree with Kurt, it is awesome that Coach is doing this. He is trying to rebuild the fan base, through social media, through media interviews, free tix hand outs and more. Watch Coach interact with the student section. Travis is doing the right things to bring back crowds.

Hoops watcher said:
DPGriz said:
Hoops watcher said:
Big Sage said:

He was a steady presence last year and really stepped up his scoring when Akoh was lost or even when Mike or Ahmad were having an off night. One thing that should help in the development of the new guys is that he doesn't have to have the ball in his hands all the time to be effective as he's a very efficient offensive player.

I spend a little time most games just focusing on what he's doing. He never takes it easy on D, hits the glass hard and always seems to have his head in the game. It's a great example for one of the best players in the league to show the younger guys what it takes to succeed. You can see him encourage them when they make a good play and when they take a bad foul or turn it over. He's like a coach and mentor on the floor, I just think it's impressive. It's these qualities and maturity that could make him a possible coach down the road if he wanted. He's rapidly rising on my all time favorite Griz list, just MHO.

THIS is a perfect thread and ample illustration that we're watching one of the "Best" Montana Grizzly hoops players in the history of the program. Right now. This year. I believe the record books will serve as proof at the end of this season. If you live in Missoula, get out and watch him in person.

I emphasized "best" above, because Sayeed is a rare player that considers all his teammates as important and equal both off and on the floor. He always encourages. He sometimes demands. But his game is the best proof: If there's an open player, he probably gets more personal satisfaction out of dishing the assist than he might if he made a stellar play on his own (example: his first half dish to Timmy Falls for a corner trey). Over the last few games, teams have been double and triple teaming Sayeed (otherwise no one can stop his paint post moves)... and so I think he's now figuring out how to adjust his game even more. When he gets things in focus, I believe this team will steadily get better. This year. I'm still amazed that Sayeed, at 6'5, scores so often in the paint -- many times by posting up like a center -- and scores with ease over players 5-6 inches taller than him. Next play down the floor, he blows by two defending guards for a deft bank-shot layup on a drive. I know the younger players on the floor respect him. Now, it’ll be up to those players to start taking advantage of their own roles in making this team better. It’ll be fun to see if this young team can grow up around Mr Pridgett. By all standards, the odds against a team this young competing for the Big Sky championship would probably be too high (and the Big Sky is tough this year). With this Sayeed-led team, I believe they just might have the moxie to do it. Go Griz!

[media]https://twitter.com/ShaunRainey/status/1203169402671124480[/media]

He's kind of like a mini Kevin McHale in the post. Doesn't overwhelm you with athleticism but his footwork is super and his endless array of head fakes, spin moves, jump stops and up and under moves can befuddle bigger defenders. Then throw in the crossover combined with a Eurostep on the break and it's a treat to watch.

Hoops watcher said:
He's kind of like a mini Kevin McHale in the post. Doesn't overwhelm you with athleticism but his footwork is super and his endless array of head fakes, spin moves, jump stops and up and under moves can befuddle bigger defenders. Then throw in the crossover combined with a Eurostep on the break and it's a treat to watch.

Wow you're old to remember Kevin, played with my man Hondo.

fanofzoo said:
Hoops watcher said:

I think your a bit off....Havlicek retired after the '78 season...McHale was a rookie in '80....You're showing your age fanofzoo....

grizzlyjournal said:
Hoops watcher said:
DPGriz said:
Hoops watcher said:

THIS is a perfect thread and ample illustration that we're watching one of the "Best" Montana Grizzly hoops players in the history of the program. Right now. This year. I believe the record books will serve as proof at the end of this season. If you live in Missoula, get out and watch him in person.

I emphasized "best" above, because Sayeed is a rare player that considers all his teammates as important and equal both off and on the floor. He always encourages. He sometimes demands. But his game is the best proof: If there's an open player, he probably gets more personal satisfaction out of dishing the assist than he might if he made a stellar play on his own (example: his first half dish to Timmy Falls for a corner trey). Over the last few games, teams have been double and triple teaming Sayeed (otherwise no one can stop his paint post moves)... and so I think he's now figuring out how to adjust his game even more. When he gets things in focus, I believe this team will steadily get better. This year. I'm still amazed that Sayeed, at 6'5, scores so often in the paint -- many times by posting up like a center -- and scores with ease over players 5-6 inches taller than him. Next play down the floor, he blows by two defending guards for a deft bank-shot layup on a drive. I know the younger players on the floor respect him. Now, it’ll be up to those players to start taking advantage of their own roles in making this team better. It’ll be fun to see if this young team can grow up around Mr Pridgett. By all standards, the odds against a team this young competing for the Big Sky championship would probably be too high (and the Big Sky is tough this year). With this Sayeed-led team, I believe they just might have the moxie to do it. Go Griz!

[media]https://twitter.com/ShaunRainey/status/1203169402671124480[/media]
I agree 100% with you on this. He is such a well rounded player. Offensively he can pass, post up anyone, handles the ball, great passer, shoot the mid range jumper and above average from beyond the arch. On defense he can defend the post, pressure a point guard and he can rebound. He is unselfish and a great leader with all those young players. I agree with you that the Griz are young and probably are not the odds on favorite to win the BSC because of that youth. BUT...if Manuel keeps shooting well, Samuelson continues to get healthy, Timmy plays with energy he brings, the young guys continue to grow and adapt at the rate they are now I think the best all around player in the conference could lead them against anyone in the conference. Oh yea..we also have the best coach in the league still.

Let's not discount Yagi to shore up the interior on both ends as well. But yes, my hope is they are in the thick of it in 3 months and I'm confident they will be from what we've seen thus far.

Hoops watcher said:

Kevin McCale is one of those players, in his opinion, who never committed a personal foul in the NBA.

sacstateman said:
fanofzoo said:
Hoops watcher said:

I think your a bit off....Havlicek retired after the '78 season...McHale was a rookie in '80....You're showing your age fanofzoo....

I am kind of old, lol. McHale is a couple years younger than me and I grew up in Minnesota as well. He's from Hibbing in the heart of hockey central in the Iron Range, IIRC in past interviews he attributed some of his superior footwork to playing hockey as a youth.

AllWeatherFan said:
Hoops watcher said:

Kevin McCale is one of those players, in his opinion, who never committed a personal foul in the NBA.

That's basically the opinion of every NBA player ever, but he could do the hang dog stare pretty well. I'd say Ainge did outrage over an "undeserved" whistle much better.

Back